Sign in to follow this  
Happyfoosball

OBJ is the biggest loser I've ever had to to root for...

Someone needs to fire people up. I enjoyed the game yesterday, they played hard...but lost. 

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

every once in a while you do need a guy with some balls that shakes things up a bit, especially when you're losing. That's just how it goes. 

And that's why Trump is in the Whitehouse.    :lol:

56 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Trade his a** to the Cowboys. Jerruh likes problem children with marketable swag...

We couldn't trade DJax to anyone and he   _only_   had a $30 mil. contract!

No one in their right mind would do this deal.

:::::RING:::::   :::::RING::::   <click> 

"Hello!  Dallas Cowpies here!  Leave a message and we'll get back to y'all! "

"Um, yeah . . . this is Dave Gettleman calling Jerruh Jones for Mr. Mara and Mr. Tisch.

I got a deal for him he can't refuse!  Call us toll-free at 1-888-HES-GONE." 

Call me crazy, but I like what he did. They’re constantly losing football games and he spoke the damn truth about why it’s happening. These are grown men....professionals, and if they can’t take harsh words from their teammates, then maybe they’re the ones who need to be shown the door. F this sugarcoating bull****...whatever gets the team fired up, say that ish!!

16 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Call me crazy, but I like what he did. They’re constantly losing football games and he spoke the damn truth about why it’s happening. These are grown men....professionals, and if they can’t take harsh words from their teammates, then maybe they’re the ones who need to be shown the door. F this sugarcoating bull****...whatever gets the team fired up, say that ish!!

Yeah. Especially the part where they asked him if he was happy in NY. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Yeah. Especially the part where they asked him if he was happy in NY. 

Yeah, because warm weather and sunshine suck compared to freezing your a** off and dealing with snow and ice. Again, I don’t see a damn thing wrong with what he said, and fans expecting every player to stick to the same bull**** script every single time are thin skinned cowards. I’d much rather hear the truth from people, not some candy a** lies

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24919394/odell-beckham-jr-know-eli-manning-reason-new-york-giants-struggling-offense

32 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, because warm weather and sunshine suck compared to freezing your a** off and dealing with snow and ice. Again, I don’t see a damn thing wrong with what he said, and fans expecting every player to stick to the same bull**** script every single time are thin skinned cowards. I’d much rather hear the truth from people, not some candy a** lies

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24919394/odell-beckham-jr-know-eli-manning-reason-new-york-giants-struggling-offense

I mean it's great to speak your mind and all but, should keep that in the locker room . Don't air it out in the media. That's how locker rooms get ripped apart. Teammates don't respect guys that want to run their mouth to the media . Eagles fans know that first hand with T.O. 

Even Randy Moss admitted he did what beckham is doing and said he knows first hand that it won't be good. 

52 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah the snow and ice ?. Thats what he meant, not the 3 win season and having to depend on a gun shy QB and a broken O line to help him with production.

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I didn't mind the message. I'm not sure if sitting next to a guy who is best known for destroying his mind and body with drugs is the proper decision, though. Have fun with the "random" drug tests.

Off topic but damn you really can't hear or understand lil wayne anymore. Been meaning to listen to his new album since I liked his old stuff but he just mumbles now

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

Yeah the snow and ice ?. Thats what he meant, not the 3 win season and having to depend on a gun shy QB and a broken O line to help him with production.

"It's a tough question," said Beckham, who makes his offseason home in Los Angeles. "Obviously, I love seeing the sunshine all the time. I love, you know, I love being in L.A. I just like that atmosphere

On 10/7/2018 at 7:18 PM, Happyfoosball said:

Everyone.  Coaches, Eli, the entire Giants brand.

The NFL has a militant faction of entitled idiots who think the teams paying them millions are disrespecting them.

LeVeon Bell is offended at 14 million for 4 yards a carry.

That greedy trash in Seattle was the 3rd highest paid safety in the league and held out because he thought his team owed him a 30 million dollar signing bonus a year early.

Then he gets hurt while making part of his career 50+ million and he has to give the finger to his oppressors. 

I was thrilled when the Giants paid OBJ because he is a loser through and through.

I have no problem with guys like Mack or Donald who are seriously underpaid withholding their services on principal over a franchise tag that underpays them or a 5th year option that pays them 1/4th of their value,  but the rest of the clowns can all just stay away. The league goes on without them and it always will.

6 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

"It's a tough question," said Beckham, who makes his offseason home in Los Angeles. "Obviously, I love seeing the sunshine all the time. I love, you know, I love being in L.A. I just like that atmosphere

An honest grown man, a professional, would have sat down with the GM and ownership. Explain he didnt like NY. Tell them he will never be happy there and wanted to move on. Not sign a huge contract and a few months later talk about maybe not being happy with his location. Its all BS.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

An honest grown man, a professional, would have sat down with the GM and ownership. Explain he didnt like NY. Tell them he will never be happy there and wanted to move on. Not sign a huge contract and a few months later talk about maybe not being happy with his location. Its all BS.

So if you were to walk into work this morning, and your boss told you "Hey, ya know what? You've been doing such an incredible job, and I'd like to offer you a new position. Its in Anchorage, AK, but you'll be earning $15 mil a year for the next 5 years(hypothetical numbers), all fully guaranteed".....you'd turn it down?

Know why he's probably not sounding all that happy right now? They're losing football games. Lots of them. You'd have to be a very competitive person to understand how hard that is for a lot of NFL players to swallow

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

So if you were to walk into work this morning, and your boss told you "Hey, ya know what? You've been doing such an incredible job, and I'd like to offer you a new position. Its in Anchorage, AK, but you'll be earning $15 mil a year for the next 5 years(hypothetical numbers), all fully guaranteed".....you'd turn it down?

Know why he's probably not sounding all that happy right now? They're losing football games. Lots of them. You'd have to be a very competitive person to understand how hard that is for a lot of NFL players to swallow

Well if other companies offered me similar compensation, but was based in San Diego or Hawii, I'd probably decline and go work for one of those.

6 hours ago, boogyman said:

Stop being silly. He was offered $60M+ in guaranteed money. Of course he was going to take it right away and stay in NY. 

You think he should have had a conversation with management and told them he prefers to play elsewhere, have them withdraw the contract or not offer it at all, and then play out the season with the risk of getting hurt and making only a fraction of that amount. That's what you think should have happened? Jeez...

It's like some of you people just started watching football last week or like making up these scenarios that never happen in professional sports. He's a diva WR that wants the ball and wants to win games. Nothing new here. The minute they start to win games all of this will go away. In fact, the league is so week to week, that I'd be willing to bet if the Giants beat the Eagles on Thursday and OBJ has a big game no one will remember what was said in this interview. 

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Well if other companies offered me similar compensation, but was based in San Diego or Hawii, I'd probably decline and go work for one of those.

No other offers were made in this scenario. What do you do? Yes or no? 

30 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

No other offers were made in this scenario. What do you do? Yes or no? 

I'd take it if I didnt absolutely hate living there. If I did I would take my chances another company would hire me for a large salary since my production warrants it. But I wouldn't voice public displeasure in my company a few months later just because they were failing. Especially if I had a job where I am in the public. I would look at my huge salary and tell myself I owe it to the person who decided to pay me so much to just do my job as well as I can and not be a distraction to the other employees.

45 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I'd take it if I didnt absolutely hate living there. If I did I would take my chances another company would hire me for a large salary since my production warrants it. But I wouldn't voice public displeasure in my company a few months later just because they were failing. Especially if I had a job where I am in the public. I would look at my huge salary and tell myself I owe it to the person who decided to pay me so much to just do my job as well as I can and not be a distraction to the other employees.

And when that question was asked by the interviewer you know damn well she wasn't talking about the weather. OBJ knows it too

3 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

And when that question was asked by the interviewer you know damn well she wasn't talking about the weather. OBJ knows it too

Snow and ice. I have it on good authority from Lil Wayne.

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Stop being silly. He was offered $60M+ in guaranteed money. Of course he was going to take it right away and stay in NY. 

You think he should have had a conversation with management and told them he prefers to play elsewhere, have them withdraw the contract or not offer it at all, and then play out the season with the risk of getting hurt and making only a fraction of that amount. That's what you think should have happened? Jeez...

It's like some of you people just started watching football last week or like making up these scenarios that never happen in professional sports. He's a diva WR that wants the ball and wants to win games. Nothing new here. The minute they start to win games all of this will go away. In fact, the league is so week to week, that I'd be willing to bet if the Giants beat the Eagles on Thursday and OBJ has a big game no one will remember what was said in this interview. 

Lastly...those were not his only options. Didnt the Rams offer a fairly big trade for him this summer? If he told the Giants upfront for certain he didnt want to be there, it may have made it possible for him to be in sunny LA.

19 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Lastly...those were not his only options. Didnt the Rams offer a fairly big trade for him this summer? If he told the Giants upfront for certain he didnt want to be there, it may have made it possible for him to be in sunny LA.

There were rumors but I don't think a formal trade offer was every made. I also don't believe  for a minute that he doesn't like playing in NY. I think he's a spoiled millennial that's not getting the ball enough or wining games this week. He'll do a 180 the minute he has a big game and the Giants start winning...which will happen on Thursday.  :flex: