Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I agree for the most part. That being said, I find it interesting that  although  we cant judge the 2018 class yet, apparently we can already write off the 2019 class outside of Herbert.

Fascinating..

Strawman. I never said anything like that.

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

You are amalgamating talent with NFL production, they are two different things. The 2018 class' talent was never in question, how they produce long term is what remains to be seen. The problem with the 2019 class is the talent itself, outside of Herbert (who is very talented but raw) the talent isn't measuring up to 2018 or early indications of 2020.

Take for example the 2019 D-Line class, it's loaded with talent. In contrast, the 2019 WR class is said to be a dumpster fire.

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that the 2018 class may have very well been overhyped due to the demand.

At this point last year, Mayfield was an afterthought, Allen was the epitome of raw that had major red flags concerning field vision and quality of opponents. Some saw Lamar Jackson as a receiver and there were many who had reservations on both Rosen and Darnold. Rosen for attitude and such and Darnold for turnovers and bouts with confidence.

The talent was very much in question especially this time last year. 

We'll see how things are in another month or so.

There's still word that Herbert won't declare because he's born and raised in Eugene Oregon and next year he's gonna be able to throw passes to his brother.

33 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I didn't say you did. Others on here have.

Ok. So reply to their posts with that stuff then. Its makes zero sense to add it in a reply to me if I never made any reference to it.

33 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that the 2018 class may have very well been overhyped due to the demand.

At this point last year, Mayfield was an afterthought, Allen was the epitome of raw that had major red flags concerning field vision and quality of opponents. Some saw Lamar Jackson as a receiver and there were many who had reservations on both Rosen and Darnold. Rosen for attitude and such and Darnold for turnovers and bouts with confidence.

The talent was very much in question especially this time last year. 

We'll see how things are in another month or so.

There's still word that Herbert won't declare because he's born and raised in Eugene Oregon and next year he's gonna be able to throw passes to his brother.

Darnold and Rosen were projected as potential franchise QBs before their last year even began, based purely on their talent, just like Tua and Fromm are for 2020. The stuff with attitude and confidence is intangibles, not with actual psychical talent you look for in a high QB. Allen was in the same position Justin is in now, high talent but raw. Baker was the only guy who rose due to insane production his last year, there is no eligible QB this year who's producing at that level. This year's class from a pure talent perspective is no where near the 2018 or 2020 class. Guys like Patterson, Lock, and Grier would be second or lower rounders if they were in the 2018 class.

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Darnold and Rosen were projected as potential franchise QBs before their last year even began, based purely on their talent, just like Tua and Fromm are for 2020. The stuff with attitude and confidence is intangibles, not with actual psychical talent you look for in a high QB. Allen was in the same position Justin is in now, high talent but raw. Baker was the only guy who rose due to insane production his last year, there is no eligible QB this year who's producing at that level. This year's class from a pure talent perspective is no where near the 2018 or 2020 class. Guys like Patterson, Lock, and Grier would be second or lower rounders if they were in the 2018 class.

I somewhat agree with the gist of the post with the exception of Allen being in the same position as Herbert.

Allen was going up against lesser competition and was notoriously inaccurate while also faceplanting against even decent opponents. He was essentially all measurables. 

Herbert is already vastly more refined than Allen. Unlike Allen, Herbert has shown impressive accuracy and touch and has risen to the occasion.

The other 2 guys in the potential class that aren't getting near enough attention are Daniel Jones (who I think is 2nd only to Herbert) and Haskins.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:30 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Oh well, fortunately, he's not the only QB available (and he might not even declare) and that 2020 class is looking loaded 

Honestly, a part of me would rather continue to build the roster and the be able to select from Jake Fromm, Tua, Eason and even still possibly Herbert and Daniel Jones.

Fromm was in QB1 and they followed his last season in HS. It's a pretty good watch and produced by Pete Berg so it has that FNL feel. 

I really liked Fromm in that. Seems like a pretty good kid that's smart and driven. He had a couple of head scratchers where he threw a bunch of INT's and it looks like he had one of those games a couple weeks ago which was leading to a potential benching. He needs to get that stuff out of his game if he is going to be legit at the next level.