Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

Just now, E v 2.0 said:

:roll: Drafting @ running back at 2 

The Giants and Cowboys both did the same stupid thing and both teams suck. 

Yeah... cowboys should have traded back and taken one of those stud 1st round WRs like Corey Coleman or Laquon Treadwell and then taken the other 1st round qb in Paxton Lynch. 

Would have worked out great ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Would be fascinating to know what Eagles FO and the Rams FO thought about the QBs from this past draft class. Both of these FOs have not only done a great assessment of drafting their own franchise QB in the past, but generally are good with their evaluations of players.

Let's say the Eagles had to take a QB this year, I feel as though they would have passed. Didn't like the QBs from a technical or mental point of view.

The three best young studs at about right now are Goff, Wentz and Mahomes. Neither team that took them finished the season with a bad enough record to be in position to take them.

If you love a guy at QB, you'll make whatever moves necessary to take him.

Ever talk to people who bought their house not because they loved it but because it was available? They often spend the next decade driving around wishing they waited for their dream house. Now theyre stuck in a contract paying into a house they don't like just because it was available. They're also kicking themselves because later on, their dream home became available and might have been even a better deal than what they had

 

Edited by vincent_NJG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

The three best young studs at about right now are Goff, Wentz and Mahomes. Neither team that took them finished the season with a bad enough record to be in position to take them.

If you love a guy at QB, you'll make whatever moves necessary to take him.

Ever talk to people who bought their house not because they loved it but because it was available? They often spend the next decade driving around wishing they waited for their dream house. Now theyre stuck in a contract paying into a house they don't like just because it was available. They're also kicking themselves because later on, their dream home became available and might have been even a better deal than what they had

 

Great comparison, and I agree. I was praying the Giants would pass on Barkley  and take Darnold. 

The thing is, they probably won’t even have to swing a trade like the Eagles did for Wentz, because right now they look like they’ll be in position to draft a QB if they like him at the top of the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nipples said:

Great comparison, and I agree. I was praying the Giants would pass on Barkley  and take Darnold. 

I was hoping the Browns would have taken him #1 and taken their QB at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I think Darnold or Rosen with the Giants skill position players would have, Eli is so bad we're forgetting how much good skill position talent they have. But, even if they were adamant that no player of that caliber existed at the premier positions, they should have traded down for more picks.

Wuth no running game, a terrible O-Line and a mediocre defense.  There isn't a rookie Qb in history that would have the Giants winning.

 

Another note.  Drafting the wrong Qb, sets a team back further than not drafting one.  Giants will be looking for one next draft and they will have a top 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Yeah... cowboys should have traded back and taken one of those stud 1st round WRs like Corey Coleman or Laquon Treadwell and then taken the other 1st round qb in Paxton Lynch. 

Would have worked out great ..

Yeah cause those are the only players they could have drafted haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E v 2.0 said:

Yeah cause those are the only players they could have drafted haha 

They needed a QB and WR. Those are the guys everyone clamored that they should have got. You're mocking it now because we know those guys busted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

They needed a QB and WR. Those are the guys everyone clamored that they should have got. You're mocking it now because we know those guys busted.

 

Both those players might have been great if they went to a stable, well coached, even keel organization like Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait but Odell told me at the beginning of the season the ‘goal is to go 1-0 every week’

E43BCF9E-7F86-4D6F-B714-0974C025EDB9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Br3 said:

Wait but Odell told me at the beginning of the season the ‘goal is to go 1-0 every week’

E43BCF9E-7F86-4D6F-B714-0974C025EDB9.jpeg

Find me a team that doesn't have the same goal and I'll apologize on behalf of Beckham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Br3 said:

Wait but Odell told me at the beginning of the season the ‘goal is to go 1-0 every week’

E43BCF9E-7F86-4D6F-B714-0974C025EDB9.jpeg

He is dyslexic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

 

FRdncOg.gif

Giants fans: dude come on the giants will never reach Cleveland Brown level dysfunction. You’re delusional

 

The rest of the NFL: 

36C7353A-1A6B-43BB-A963-3E2CF0ECFBA0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Giants fans: dude come on the giants will never reach Cleveland Brown level dysfunction. You’re delusional

 

The rest of the NFL: 

36C7353A-1A6B-43BB-A963-3E2CF0ECFBA0.gif

Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Mike Vick, "dream team", Chip Kelly....sorry we can't be all be model franchises like the drama-free Philadelphia Eagles.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Mike Vick, "dream team", Chip Kelly....sorry we can't be all be model franchises like the drama-free SuperBowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.  :lol:

Fyp chief ;)

Funny how winning seems to cure everything. 

Sure your team has done some winning in the past but lately it seems every year  The Giants are in a race to be irrelevant and out of playoff contention by October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, Mike Vick, "dream team", Chip Kelly....sorry we can't be all be model franchises like the drama-free Philadelphia Eagles.  :lol:

and we drop problem players without thought .... so nice try . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Fyp chief ;)

Funny how winning seems to cure everything. 

Sure your team has done some winning in the past but lately it seems every year  The Giants are in a race to be irrelevant and out of playoff contention by October. 

It goes in cycles dude. We've had our fun, but now it's time for some hardships. I think the more wining you do the more the football gods follow that up with a period of losing. That's why the Cowboys have sucked for 20 years. :lol:

In all honestly, we're terrible and I know that, but I do believe if we had a league average QB we could be 3-3 right now. Eli might be playing the worst ball of any QB in the league. That's hard to overcome. I don't think there's issues throughout the organization. Sure OBJ needs to shut his mouth (most big time WRs do), but if they win some games and he scores a few TDs I'm willing to bet he quiets down. As you said, wining cures all, or at least it cures most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

and we drop problem players without thought .... so nice try . 

McNabb was on the team forever and always seemed to have a problem. TO was on the team for 2 seasons, Vick for 5 seasons. The dream team was a full season clown show and Chip was around long enough to do serious damage....actually Chip might have been good for the organization. It forced them to clean house. Maybe he should get a ring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

McNabb was on the team forever and always seemed to have a problem. TO was on the team for 2 seasons, Vick for 5 seasons. The dream team was a full season clown show and Chip was around long enough to do serious damage....actually Chip might have been good for the organization. It forced them to clean house. Maybe he should get a ring. 

Vick didnt have any off the field issues or cause any major drama here that I can remember.

 

McNabb was a bit goofy but the same. Owens was fine his first year then acted like screwball his second, and was gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It goes in cycles dude. We've had our fun, but now it's time for some hardships. I think the more wining you do the more the football gods follow that up with a period of losing. That's why the Cowboys have sucked for 20 years. :lol:

In all honestly, we're terrible and I know that, but I do believe if we had a league average QB we could be 3-3 right now. Eli might be playing the worst ball of any QB in the league. That's hard to overcome. I don't think there's issues throughout the organization. Sure OBJ needs to shut his mouth (most big time WRs do), but if they win some games and he scores a few TDs I'm willing to bet he quiets down. As you said, wining cures all, or at least it cures most. 

Just having my fun before you guys actually get some talent at the qb position. the right qb could have the giants looking like the chiefs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Br3 said:

Just having my fun before you guys actually get some talent at the qb position. the right qb could have the giants looking like the chiefs 

I'd like to draft a QB in round 1 and an LT in round 2. The rookie LT either beats Solder out for the job and pushes him over to the right, or the rookie pulls a Lane Johnson and starts on the right until Solder is ready to move on. 

I'd also like to see Lauletta (the QB we drafted this year) get some reps this year. He either establishes himself as a potential starter, quality backup or player we need to cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants are in a downward spiral right now, but I think the Cardinals are going to give them a run for their money to become the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. Right now, it's giants by a nose (OBJ's nose that is.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this