Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

19 minutes ago, boogyman said:

No. They had a dysfuncional coach who they got rid of...way before Wentz was drafted, thereby there would be no reason for him not to want to come here, which was the origin of this conversation.

A dysfunctional coach...lol

The 2015 Eagles were a friggin’ disaster from top to bottom. Denying that they were a dysfunctional team is hilarious, especially since it was on full display all season long. Yes, the Giants, right now, are definitely a mess and have a hell of a lot of cleaning up to do. I’m about 99% sure that they’re regretting giving Beckham that contract, but he’s not going anywhere for at least a couple of years. They can only hope to somehow get him under control, and to a guy like that, the best way is to win football games. Guaranteed

24 minutes ago, boogyman said:

No. They had a dysfuncional coach who they got rid of...way before Wentz was drafted, thereby there would be no reason for him not to want to come here, which was the origin of this conversation.

Way before? At this point of the season, "in Chip we trust" was still in charge.

If you consider the Giants dysfunctional now, then you have to consider the 2015 Eagles to be dysfunctional.

Also, please... Hebert going back has absolutely zero to do with avoiding dysfunction. Hes a hometown boy who likes the idea of throwing passes to his brother. To top it off, the same was said about Darnold this time last year.

19 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

A dysfunctional coach...lol

The 2015 Eagles were a friggin’ disaster from top to bottom. Denying that they were a dysfunctional team is hilarious, especially since it was on full display all season long. Yes, the Giants, right now, are definitely a mess and have a hell of a lot of cleaning up to do. I’m about 99% sure that they’re regretting giving Beckham that contract, but he’s not going anywhere for at least a couple of years. They can only hope to somehow get him under control, and to a guy like that, the best way is to win football games. Guaranteed

That team was gone before Wentz was drafted which was the original point of the conversation. New coaches. Roseman back in charge. Try and keep up happypants. Also they won 7 games I think. They were just a bad team that needed a coaching change. Not a 3 win mess with a troublemaker as the best player.

12 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Way before? At this point of the season, "in Chip we trust" was still in charge.

If you consider the Giants dysfunctional now, then you have to consider the 2015 Eagles to be dysfunctional.

Also, please... Hebert going back has absolutely zero to do with avoiding dysfunction. Hes a hometown boy who likes the idea of throwing passes to his brother. To top it off, the same was said about Darnold this time last year.

Meh. He sees his possible destinations as the Raiders or the Giants and wants no part of either. That's right. The Ginats are now the Raiders as well as the Browns. Sucks huh?

23 minutes ago, boogyman said:

That team was gone before Wentz was drafted which was the original point of the conversation. New coaches. Roseman back in charge. Try and keep up happypants. Also they won 7 games I think. They were just a bad team that needed a coaching change. Not a 3 win mess with a troublemaker as the best player.

Meh. He sees his possible destinations as the Raiders or the Giants and wants no part of either. That's right. The Ginats are now the Raiders as well as the Browns. Sucks huh?

Im keeping up just fine. 

The Giants right now are in similar position to what the Eagles were at this point in 2015. Thats my point. Either both are dysfunctional or none are.

Also, firing a guy,.hiring a rookie HC  bringing back a guy who everyone was chomping at the bit to get rid of in Howie doesn't exactly scream functional. Let's be honest here. We say so now because hindsight is 20/20

Yeah... Only the Giants or raiders. Not Denver, Miami, Jacksonville, etc right?

Again... The same claim was made with Darnold this time last year and he wasnt expecting to throw passes to his brother.

I know you want to bust balls and all but this is a whiff.

22 minutes ago, boogyman said:

EB5C6F59-326A-478F-8BD9-18C681EA8C35.jpeg

22 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Im keeping up just fine. 

The Giants right now are in similar position to what the Eagles were at this point in 2015. Thats my point. Either both are dysfunctional or none are.

Also, firing a guy,.hiring a rookie HC  bringing back a guy who everyone was chomping at the bit to get rid of in Howie doesn't exactly scream functional. Let's be honest here. We say so now because hindsight is 20/20

Again... The same claim was made with Darnold this time last year and he wasnt expecting to throw passes to his brother.

It's ok. Just bring Eli back he has a lot left in the tank.

22 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Im keeping up just fine. 

We had no polarizing players like Odell when Wentz joined the team. We had a rookie coach (who may or may not have been good no one could have known), not a known retread with little success. Not the same.

7 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Oh well. If Daniel Jones and/or Haskins also decide to stay, then the Giants can start Lauletta, or trade for Brisset/Carr until the 2020 draft which would be absolutely loaded and Herbert will probably regret not coming out sooner

2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

It's ok. Just bring Eli back he has a lot left in the tank.

Already covered this. You were the one who decided to go off the rails

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

Already covered this. You were the one who decided to go off the rails

Have fun watching Bradford in 2019. Trust me it sucks.

Just now, boogyman said:

We had no polarizing players like Odell when Wentz joined the team. We had a rookie coach (who may or may not have been good no one could have known), not a known retread with little success. Not the same.

All kinds of FO drama and total uncertainty going forward especially due to a gutted roster but because there was no diva wr, all was well in your mind. 

Seriously...

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

All kinds of FO drama and total uncertainty going forward especially due to a gutted roster but because there was no diva wr, all was well in your mind. 

Seriously...

Roster was not really gutted. A ton of those players were also on the super bowl roster last year. 

Just now, boogyman said:

Have fun watching Bradford in 2019. Trust me it sucks.

Bradford? You mean he's the only stopgap qb available?

No Kyle Lauletta? Carr, Bottles/Brisset/etc?

And again, believe it or not Herbert isn't the only qb prospect mentioned. Are you even reading what I'm saying?

Just now, boogyman said:

Roster was not really gutted. A ton of those players were also on the super bowl roster last year. 

That's the hindsight. At the time, it was considered gutted. 

C'mon. Either you've forgotten or you're pretending to have forgotten.

The Eagles of all teams show that you can go from complete disaster to raising a Lombardi within 2 years. 

Bradford? You mean he's the only stopgap qb available?

No Kyle Lauletta? Carr, Bottles/Brisset/etc?

And again, believe it or not Herbert isn't the only qb prospect mentioned. Are you even reading what I'm saying?

The thought of Odell suffering though a year of Lauletta struggling or Carr dumping off 3 yard passes all year and watching the sideline tantrums makes me giddy with joy.

Just now, boogyman said:

The thought of Odell suffering though a year of Lauletta struggling or Carr dumping off 3 yard passes all year and watching the sideline tantrums makes me giddy with joy.

Doesn't bother me. Believe it or not, players can be traded away. The Eagles have shown that too 

That's the hindsight. At the time, it was considered gutted. 

C'mon. Either you've forgotten or you're pretending to have forgotten.

The Eagles of all teams show that you can go from complete disaster to raising a Lombardi within 2 years. 

I thought we had a bunch of really good players even during the 7 win season. Cox? Graham? Johnson? Kelce? Ertz? Jenkins? All studs to me then  Even when Eagles fans were down on guys like Ertz and Kelce I defended them.

Just now, boogyman said:

I thought we had a bunch of really good players even during the 7 win season. Cox? Graham? Johnson? Kelce? Ertz? Jenkins? All studs to me then  Even when Eagles fans were down on guys like Ertz and Kelce I defended them.

Yeah and? Giants have got a few good players too. That's been the argument, that the team has studs and being wasted

12 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Nah we are the Browns 

We find ways to lose games we won

twice now

Don't worry, Ereck Flowers might be playing LT for the Jags this weekend. 

Eli should have tried a 3rd qb sneak.

But to be fair this Giants football club is head and shoulders the best 1 win team in football. Give them credit.

8 hours ago, Br3 said:

But to be fair this Giants football club is head and shoulders the best 1 win team in football. Give them credit.

If we're going to start being fair then we owe dumpster fires and train wrecks some major apologies for comparing them to something as ugly as the 2017-2018 Giants.

12 hours ago, Br3 said:

It is not the worst team in the NFL.  Raiders/Cards/Bills are clearly worse.  49ers/Colts could arguably slip into bottom 5 below Giants.

36 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It is not the worst team in the NFL.  Raiders/Cards/Bills are clearly worse.  49ers/Colts could arguably slip into bottom 5 below Giants.

I'd disagree on the Colts, but the other 4 are clearly worse.