Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

NY should trade out Eli and bring in Foles. For a second we should do it without hesitation. 

If they give the Eagles a free second round pick for a guy that could get them 6 wins at best I’ll smash my phone. There’s no reason to trade for a 30 year old, $20M middling QB. Just rebuild the right way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

If they give the Eagles a free second round pick for a guy that could get them 6 wins at best I’ll smash my phone. There’s no reason to trade for a 30 year old, $20M middling QB. Just rebuild the right way. 

Foles at 20 million and an improved O line would get them to 10 wins easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

If they give the Eagles a free second round pick for a guy that could get them 6 wins at best I’ll smash my phone. There’s no reason to trade for a 30 year old, $20M middling QB. Just rebuild the right way. 

Exactly. Get the franchise guy. Foles is a stopgap. The fact that Eagles fans seem to be most content with the idea if Foles in a Giants jersey, should tell you all you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Exactly. Get the franchise guy. Foles is a stopgap. The fact that Eagles fans seem to be most content with the idea if Foles in a Giants jersey, should tell you all you need to know.

Wrong. The thought frightens me. But me talking about it means nothing so meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

Exactly. Get the franchise guy. Foles is a stopgap. The fact that Eagles fans seem to be most content with the idea if Foles in a Giants jersey, should tell you all you need to know.

I wouldn't like to see Foles in blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Exactly. Get the franchise guy. Foles is a stopgap. The fact that Eagles fans seem to be most content with the idea if Foles in a Giants jersey, should tell you all you need to know.

Second round pick, free up $20M in cap space, I’d want to get rid of him too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Wrong. The thought frightens me. But me talking about it means nothing so meh.

Nah. Don't buy it. Eagles fans generally have a drastically higher opinion on Foles than any fanbase. Even right after being named SB mvp, his trade value wasn't better than a 2nd.

Even most Eagles fans I know who love Foles, acknowledge that he isn't a true franchise guy

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

I wouldn't like to see Foles in blue.

Of course not. He's going down in Eagles lore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Second round pick, free up $20M in cap space, I’d want to get rid of him too. 

Yeah but not to your most hated rival if you truly thought he was a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Nah. Don't buy it. Eagles fans generally have a drastically higher opinion on Foles than any fanbase. Even right after being named SB mvp, his trade value wasn't better than a 2nd.

Even most Eagles fans I know who love Foles, acknowledge that he isn't a true franchise guy

Of course not. He's going down in Eagles lore. 

He has had a lot more good play than bad. When he is good he is usually amazing to be honest. Has never had guys like Beckham and Barkley. . Yes the o line needs to be better but they need that anyway. Draft the best tackle and go from there.

PS Ingram cant catch for ish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, boogyman said:

He has had a lot more good play than bad. When he is good he is usually amazing to be honest. Has never had guys like Beckham and Barkley. . Yes the o line needs to be better but they need that anyway. Draft the best tackle and go from there.

PS Ingram cant catch for ish

He's amazing for stretches. He's mediocre outside of that. Even most of the Foles fan club acknowledge that. He was amazing in the NFC Championship game, Super Bowl and that 2013 stretch.

There are qbs that do that. It doesn't make them true franchise qbs.

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick won offensive player of the week 8-9 times in his career, fooled 2 different teams into thinking he was a franchise qb and had the Tampa area fanbase fooled early this season.

Again, there's a reason why after winning SB mvp, teams were choosing to trade up for prospects instead of Foles.

Yeah, id be fine putting Engram on the trade block

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Nah. Don't buy it. Eagles fans generally have a drastically higher opinion on Foles than any fanbase. Even right after being named SB mvp, his trade value wasn't better than a 2nd.

Even most Eagles fans I know who love Foles, acknowledge that he isn't a true franchise guy

Of course not. He's going down in Eagles lore. 

You dont buy that I believe Foles could be great in NY? Why would I say it lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

He's amazing for stretches. He's mediocre outside of that. Even most of the Foles fan club acknowledge that. He was amazing in the NFC Championship game, Super Bowl and that 2013 stretch.

There are qbs that do that. It doesn't make them true franchise qbs.

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick won offensive player of the week 8-9 times in his career, fooled 2 different teams into thinking he was a franchise qb and had the Tampa area fanbase fooled early this season.

Again, there's a reason why after winning SB mvp, teams were choosing to trade up for prospects instead of Foles.

That part of his career that could be called mediocre the entire team was pretty bad. Outside 2 or 3 guys that's how every QB in the league is (after today i am almost ready to add Wentz to that list to be honest). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boogyman said:

That part of his career that could be called mediocre the entire team was pretty bad. Outside 2 or 3 guys that's how every QB in the league is (after today i am almost ready to add Wentz to that list to be honest). 

There are 20+ teams in the league that would give up at minimum 1st round pick and probably a lot more in an instant if they could get Wentz. 

No one would for Foles.

C'mon man... Now I know you're BSing.

Starting to remind me of when Eagles fans said they were worried about Brad Childress becoming the Giants HC. I didn't buy that ish either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

There are 20+ teams in the league that would give up at minimum 1st round pick and probably a lot more in an instant if they could get Wentz. 

No one would for Foles.

C'mon man... Now I know you're BSing.

Starting to remind me of when Eagles fans said they were worried about Brad Childress becoming the Giants HC. I didn't buy that ish either 

Probably 25 or more would trade a 1 for Wentz. Talent and skillset wise he is up there with anyone. HOF potential is putting it lightly. Foles is a unique guy. I am only giving my opinion. I am not a scout or a GM(neither are you), but I think in NY his skills are suited for the team and system and he could do very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

There are 20+ teams in the league that would give up at minimum 1st round pick and probably a lot more in an instant if they could get Wentz. 

No one would for Foles.

C'mon man... Now I know you're BSing.

Starting to remind me of when Eagles fans said they were worried about Brad Childress becoming the Giants HC. I didn't buy that ish either 

Foles value is higher for us than what the league is willing to pay and I'm fine with that. There were those reports that Howie said no to a 2nd for him. Not surprised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Probably 25 or more would trade a 1 for Wentz. Talent and skillset wise he is up there with anyone. HOF potential is putting it lightly. Foles is a unique guy. I am only giving my opinion. I am not a scout or a GM(neither are you), but I think in NY his skills are suited for the team and system and he could do very well.

Hence why I said 20+. Eagles could probably 4 1sts and then some for Wentz.

Only Eagles fans think Foles is unique.

Again, nobody offered more than a 2nd for Foles as he just won SB MVP. 

GMs wouldn't hesitate to offer multiple 1sts for Wentz. 

No I'm not sure GM but clearly most GMs are in agreement with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Hence why I said 20+. Eagles could probably 4 1sts and then some for Wentz.

Only Eagles fans think Foles is unique.

Again, nobody offered more than a 2nd for Foles as he just won SB MVP. 

GMs wouldn't hesitate to offer multiple 1sts for Wentz. 

No I'm not sure GM but clearly most GMs are in agreement with me.

I am not arguing Foles is better than Wentz. Wentz could possibly be a once in a decade QB. And as for unique I meant he has an odd skillset not that he is above and beyond others QBs. 

 

Bottom line is I think Foles fit the giants offense and personnel. I hope the Giants feel the same way you do about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I am not arguing Foles is better than Wentz. Wentz could possibly be a once in a decade QB. And as for unique I meant he has an odd skillset not that he is above and beyond others QBs. 

 

Bottom line is I think Foles fit the giants offense and personnel. I hope the Giants feel the same way you do about him.

My point is there's a reason why no one was scrambling for Foles even when his trade value couldn't possibly be any higher.

Neither of us are GMs but out of 31 GMs the best offer was a 2nd rounder by the Browns.

Bottomline: as a mentor/backup for the future Giants franchise qb, he'd be great. As someone who is to carry the team? Nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Foles value is higher for us than what the league is willing to pay and I'm fine with that. There were those reports that Howie said no to a 2nd for him. Not surprised

Exactly. The structure of the contract backs that up. They gave him $20M next year as payment for the SB win then it’s back to $600K the next two years. In other words, back up money. That’s right when Wentz will command $25M or more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Foles value is higher for us than what the league is willing to pay and I'm fine with that. There were those reports that Howie said no to a 2nd for him. Not surprised

Completely agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I still think he would be good their. GMs didnt think Brady was worth much either. Chargers let Drew walk. Etc.

Thats when Brady was in the draft. 

Chargers let Drew walk because they had Rivers and Drew had a career threatening shoulder injury in the season finale.

Dude...C'mon... Seriously. This isn't like he's an unknown. Again, his trade value will never be higher than right after being SB MVP. Nothing better than 2nd rounder from Cleveland was offered. He's been in the league since 2012.

You're in a very small minority with your opinion. You have a right to your opinion but I'd say virtually no one outside of Philly agrees with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this