Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

Thats when Brady was in the draft. 

Chargers let Drew walk because they had Rivers and Drew had a career threatening shoulder injury in the season finale.

Dude...C'mon... Seriously. This isn't like he's an unknown. Again, his trade value will never be higher than right after being SB MVP. Nothing better than 2nd rounder from Cleveland was offered. He's been in the league since 2012.

You're in a very small minority with your opinion. You have a right to your opinion but I'd say virtually no one outside of Philly agrees with you.

That's fine with me. I am actually glad no one agrees with me on this. Hope he either ends up elsewhere or retires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Thats when Brady was in the draft. 

Chargers let Drew walk because they had Rivers and Drew had a career threatening shoulder injury in the season finale.

Dude...C'mon... Seriously. This isn't like he's an unknown. Again, his trade value will never be higher than right after being SB MVP. Nothing better than 2nd rounder from Cleveland was offered. He's been in the league since 2012.

You're in a very small minority with your opinion. You have a right to your opinion but I'd say virtually no one outside of Philly agrees with you.

He's had an interesting career so far. Has put up some crazy stats. He has multiple gear in Canton and has records few QBs have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Thats when Brady was in the draft. 

Chargers let Drew walk because they had Rivers and Drew had a career threatening shoulder injury in the season finale.

Dude...C'mon... Seriously. This isn't like he's an unknown. Again, his trade value will never be higher than right after being SB MVP. Nothing better than 2nd rounder from Cleveland was offered. He's been in the league since 2012.

You're in a very small minority with your opinion. You have a right to your opinion but I'd say virtually no one outside of Philly agrees with you.

I dont mind that you disagree and I understand your arguement. But its not like I am pulling a guy out that has not accomplished anything in this league for my arguement. If i was using Winston or Garopalo(sp?) as my guy I could see saying I was full of it. Foles has had enough accomplishments and has enough skills for my arguement to be valid even if you do not subscribe to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mike030270 said:

He's had an interesting career so far. Has put up some crazy stats. He has multiple gear in Canton and has records few QBs have

Oh its definitely interesting but it's really not all that unique. Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick have records few and have and also have multiple gear in Canton.

Foles without question has a special place in Eagles lore. To have been traded away, brought back and hoisting a Lombardi is something no one could have even written.

At the end of the day though is that no one in this league really considers him a potential franchise qb. If they did, they would have offered something better than a 2nd to get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pencil face said:

We suck, sheeesh 8 more games of this nightmare, bring on the draft...

I missed half of it to take my son trick r treating at a theme park. It's just painful to watch anymore. The Giants are actually making me a better father so theres a silver lining to this.

5 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I dont mind that you disagree and I understand your arguement. But its not like I am pulling a guy out that has not accomplished anything in this league for my arguement. If i was using Winston or Garopalo(sp?) as my guy I could see saying I was full of it. Foles has had enough accomplishments and has enough skills for my arguement to be valid even if you do not subscribe to it.

No GM in the league subscribes to it. Thats the part you're missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

I missed half of it to take my son trick r treating at a theme park. It's just painful to watch anymore. The Giants are actually making me a better father so theres a silver lining to this.

No GM in the league subscribes to it. Thats the part you're missing.

There are enough examples of most or all GMs being wrong that i do not consider that a deal breaker.

 

It would be an outside the box move. All or nothing for a few years. But I think it could work put well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boogyman said:

There are enough examples of most or all GMs being wrong that i do not consider that a deal breaker.

 

It would be an outside the box move. All or nothing for a few years. But I think it could work put well.

Oh I could see a team offering him a  stopgap thats better than what Case Keenum got to see where it goes but again, no one is going to truly tie their future to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Oh its definitely interesting but it's really not all that unique. Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick have records few and have and also have multiple gear in Canton.

Foles without question has a special place in Eagles lore. To have been traded away, brought back and hoisting a Lombardi is something no one could have even written.

At the end of the day though is that no one in this league really considers him a potential franchise qb. If they did, they would have offered something better than a 2nd to get him

I think Jags should have gone for Foles in the offseason

BTW it's a shame that Vick didn't study more. He probably could have had a HoF career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

Oh I could see a team offering him a  stopgap thats better than what Case Keenum got to see where it goes but again, no one is going to truly tie their future to him.

And that's probably what will happen. Or he will just call it quits. I have no illusions of him being picked up by NY. And I hope he is not. I just think with an improved line he could be really good there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

I think Jags should have gone for Foles in the offseason

BTW it's a shame that Vick didn't study more. He probably could have had a HoF career

Possibly. However, Bortles was decent for them in 2017 but has absolutely faceplanted this year. You never really know.

Vick was oozing with talent but his attitude, off field stuff, and durability issues kept him from Canton no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Possibly. However, Bortles was decent for them in 2017 but has absolutely faceplanted this year. You never really know.

Vick was oozing with talent but his attitude, off field stuff, and durability issues kept him from Canton no doubt.

But that's a big difference. Foles is about as mature, grounded and steady as a guy comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm curious what you guys do with your 1st rounder. You definitely need a QB but you need an Oline as well

Well the logic behind drafting Barkley was if you didnt like the QBs take the best player. If they dont like QBs in this draft they should do the same or else that logic becomes invalid.

 

I think almost the opposite. I think if you need a QB you keep trying until you get one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm curious what you guys do with your 1st rounder. You definitely need a QB but you need an Oline as well

Depends on whos available. If the Giants are able to select a gut they're in love with then they will. If not, build up the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, boogyman said:

But that's a big difference. Foles is about as mature, grounded and steady as a guy comes.

Which is an excellent description for the hands down best back and one of the better stopgaps in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm curious what you guys do with your 1st rounder. You definitely need a QB but you need an Oline as well

QB first, then o-line help, Giants o-line in 2004 wasn't good yet they drafted Eli and fix the line, if Giants believe there's a franchise QB in the draft you take him, even when Eli has time to throw he makes bad decision, father time has caught him to him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Which is an excellent description for the hands down best back and one of the better stopgaps in the league.

It would also be a good description for an excellent starting QB. Unless you think those are poor qualities for a starting NFL QB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boogyman said:

It would also be a good description for an excellent starting QB. Unless you think those are poor qualities for a starting NFL QB?

Nah. Again, if that were the case, at least 1 GM in this league would have offered more than 2nd for the reigning SB MVP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pencil face said:

QB first, then o-line help, Giants o-line in 2004 wasn't good yet they drafted Eli and fix the line, if Giants believe there's a franchise QB in the draft you take him, even when Eli has time to throw he makes bad decision, father time has caught him to him...

Depends on the QB. The worst thing you can do is draft the wrong qb high. 

Drafting a QB high is like buying a house. You're committing to it. If you whiff, you just set the franchise back 5 years and probably went through at least 1 coach and multiple coordinators trying to make it work with him

See Bortles, Winston, Manuel, RG3, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Sanchez, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Depends on the QB. The worst thing you can do is draft the wrong qb high. 

Drafting a QB high is like buying a house. You're committing to it. If you whiff, you just set the franchise back 5 years and probably went through at least 1 coach and multiple coordinators trying to make it work with him

See Bortles, Winston, Manuel, RG3, Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, Sanchez, etc.

Same goes for building a offensive line and putting a trash QB behind, how quickly fans forget the Giants had good offensive line go to waste on the likes of Dave Brown and Danny Kannel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pencil face said:

Same goes for building a offensive line and putting a trash QB behind, how quickly fans forget the Giants had good offensive line go to waste on the likes of Dave Brown and Danny Kannel

Oh yeah. Its not easy to get all the stars to align. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Nah. Again, if that were the case, at least 1 GM in this league would have offered more than 2nd for the reigning SB MVP.

 

Or more than a 6th for Brady. Or breeze would be a charger still. Or....

 

 

Bottom line GMs mess up all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Or more than a 6th for Brady. Or breeze would be a charger still. Or....

 

 

Bottom line GMs mess up all the time.

Again... We already covered this.

Brady was in the draft still. Halfway through his 2nd season he dethroned one of the first $100 mill QBs.

Brees had just suffered a career threatening shoulder injury while a 4th overall pick was sitting on the bench.

Foles has played in over 50 games. We know what he is and what he isnt and you're putting him in the same category as 2 of the greatest ever.

It's one thing to mess up in the draft or with a very young struggling qb who broke out but just blew out his shoulder. It's another to not see it when you've been watching a 30 year old dude start games in the league for 7 years.

Just stop. You're crossing into ridiculousness now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Again... We already covered this.

Brady was in the draft still. Halfway through his 2nd season he dethroned one of the first $100 mill QBs.

Brees had just suffered a career threatening shoulder injury while a 4th overall pick was sitting on the bench.

Foles has played in over 50 games. We know what he is and what he isnt and you're putting him in the same category as 2 of the greatest ever.

It's one thing to mess up in the draft or with a very young struggling qb who broke out but just blew out his shoulder. It's another to not see it when you've been watching a 30 year old dude start games in the league for 7 years.

Just stop. You're crossing into ridiculousness now.

I still think Foles skills fit the Giants offense and players. Is he a system QB? Yes.  So is almost every QB in the league.. unless you think generational franchise QBs come out every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this