Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

I still think Foles skills fit the Giants offense and players. Is he a system QB? Yes.  So is almost every QB in the league.. unless you think generational franchise QBs come out every year. 

He needs consistently good pass protection. Giants don't have that. Sure, he's got a fine deep ball but he was ever struggling some early this season.

You can think all you want, and id say just about any non-shell shocked qb with a quick release(something foles isn't known for) and some mobility can succeed some with the Giants skill players. 

That doesn't make Foles a franchise qb. You think he's an absolute stud. You're mostly alone in that. When was the last time the entire NFL whiffed on a 7+ year 30+ vet? 

Typically, you get maybe 1-2 real actual franchise QBs a year via the draft on average if that. I'd rather wait for the right guy than to keep plugging in whoever ala Browns, Bills, Jets, Broncos etc. 

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

He needs consistently good pass protection. Giants don't have that. Sure, he's got a fine deep ball but he was ever struggling some early this season.

You can think all you want, and id say just about any non-shell shocked qb with a quick release(something foles isn't known for) and some mobility can succeed some with the Giants skill players. 

That doesn't make Foles a franchise qb. You think he's an absolute stud. You're mostly alone in that. When was the last time the entire NFL whiffed on a 7+ year 30+ vet? 

Typically, you get maybe 1-2 real actual franchise QBs a year via the draft on average if that. I'd rather wait for the right guy than to keep plugging in whoever ala Browns, Bills, Jets, Broncos etc. 

I never said he was a stud. Rodgers and Brady and Brees are studs. Wentz looks to be a stub maybe.  I think he is above average as a starter and his abilities fit the Giant offense.

12 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I never said he was a stud. Rodgers and Brady and Brees are studs. Wentz looks to be a stub maybe.  I think he is above average as a starter and his abilities fit the Giant offense.

You called him an "excellent starting qb".

Sorry but I'll trust 32 GMs that aren't viewing him as that after 7 years and 50 games played in the league over what you think about him. 

Also: Wentz is without question, a total stud. 

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

You called him an "excellent starting qb".

Sorry but I'll trust 32 GMs that aren't viewing him as that after 7 years and 50 games played in the league over what you think about him. 

Also: Wentz is without question, a total stud. 

I have a few issues with Wentz he needs to work on but I guess I agree

8 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Odell on playing in NY. "This is where I am at"

3 losses from now this is going to be a trainwreck.

He plays and practices hard. That’s all that matters. Barkley will be the face of the franchise until we find a young QB. 

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

He plays and practices hard. That’s all that matters. Barkley will be the face of the franchise until we find a young QB. 

Let's check back in 3 weeks

44 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Odell on playing in NY. "This is where I am at"

3 losses from now this is going to be a trainwreck.

He has not shown one tiny shred of proof that he is anywhere close to quitting or giving up. He's still, despite having a completely incompetent QB, going 100% every game, all game. You obviously have no idea about what it means to ultra competitive people when they aren't winning. He could be really creating a huge scene, but he hasn't.

7 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

He has not shown one tiny shred of proof that he is anywhere close to quitting or giving up. He's still, despite having a completely incompetent QB, going 100% every game, all game. You obviously have no idea about what it means to ultra competitive people when they aren't winning. He could be really creating a huge scene, but he hasn't.

K

12 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I disagree with that.  Any QB with mobility isn't going to succeed with the Giants.  They still can't run the ball for crap because they can't block.  When you have a player the caliber of Saquan and he's struggling the way that he is then I think you have to look at the OL.  More than likely if the Giants got a non-shell shocked mobile QB with a quick release he'd be shell shocked by the end of that season playing behind this line. 

And yes right now the Giants are the worst team in the NFL.  Expect more trades. 

10 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

It doesn't matter they should have traded him before they signed him.  Superstar WR's don't help teams win.  This has been proven over and over again throughout the history of the NFL.  Rice being the only exception.  Teams need a good OL, a good DL, a good pass rush, and a QB.  A good blocking TE that can catch would be more valuable then OBJ.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember the super star WR's winning any Superbowls lately.  I dunno the Eagles signed TO back in 04 ask them how that went.  Then ask them who their super star at WR was last year.  Eventually you'll get the picture.

11 hours ago, boogyman said:

Let's check back in 3 weeks

It doesn't matter.  He's un-tradeable now.  The Giants have too much dead money tied to him.  They have to try to make it work with him. 

6 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I disagree with that.  Any QB with mobility isn't going to succeed with the Giants.  They still can't run the ball for crap because they can't block.  When you have a player the caliber of Saquan and he's struggling the way that he is then I think you have to look at the OL.  More than likely if the Giants got a non-shell shocked mobile QB with a quick release he'd be shell shocked by the end of that season playing behind this line. 

And yes right now the Giants are the worst team in the NFL.  Expect more trades. 

I think if Eli had some mobility and wasn't shell shocked, he could roll out and extend the play. He also wouldn't be hearing footsteps. This isn't Eli's first time behind God awful pass protection but you could argue that it's the worst hes looked behind it.

And I was mostly pushing back at the ridiculously absurd idea that Foles would flourish with the Giants.

2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I think if Eli had some mobility and wasn't shell shocked, he could roll out and extend the play. He also wouldn't be hearing footsteps. This isn't Eli's first time behind God awful pass protection but you could argue that it's the worst hes looked behind it.

And I was mostly pushing back at the ridiculously absurd idea that Foles would flourish with the Giants.

I agree Foles would stink in NY.  I would also say the worst Eli has looked behind a bad OL was 2013.  Then again the scheme in 2013 wasn't great when you needed to dump the ball off.  Regardless, the Giants will get their QB in the draft.  He may not be mobile.  A mobile QB is not a cure all.  People who think that need to wake up.  This team needs a better OL, they also need a better DL now, and yes in next years draft they will draft a QB and that QB will be the future.  They need to protect that QB because they ruined the back half of Eli's career by not protecting him.  Hopefully they don't do it to 2 QB's in a row.

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

It doesn't matter they should have traded him before they signed him.  Superstar WR's don't help teams win.  This has been proven over and over again throughout the history of the NFL.  Rice being the only exception.  Teams need a good OL, a good DL, a good pass rush, and a QB.  A good blocking TE that can catch would be more valuable then OBJ.  Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember the super star WR's winning any Superbowls lately.  I dunno the Eagles signed TO back in 04 ask them how that went.  Then ask them who their super star at WR was last year.  Eventually you'll get the picture.

So trade away the one guy who has consistently made things happen on a horrible, inept offense, prior to Barkley, of course. Who cares if no superstar WRs have won Super Bowls lately, it sure as hell doesn’t mean that they aren’t valuable. And by the way...TO damn near won the super bowl for the Eagles single handedly, and on one leg. Just putting that out there 

35 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

So trade away the one guy who has consistently made things happen on a horrible, inept offense, prior to Barkley, of course. Who cares if no superstar WRs have won Super Bowls lately, it sure as hell doesn’t mean that they aren’t valuable. And by the way...TO damn near won the super bowl for the Eagles single handedly, and on one leg. Just putting that out there 

But he didn't, they lost.  And I wouldn't say single handily either.  He had 120 yards and the Patriots were comfortably ahead most of the game.  He also missed the playoffs due to injury up to that point so he didn't even help them get there.  Well then you know what happened after that. 

As far as trading OBJ, they can't trade him.  The cap penalty is too great.  They have a lot of dead money attached to him.  They have to make it work now.  But signing him to begin with to that kind of contract was dumb.  OL, DL, QB.  That's how you build a team.  Inside out.  That is what works. 

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

But he didn't, they lost.  And I wouldn't say single handily either.  He had 120 yards and the Patriots were comfortably ahead most of the game.  He also missed the playoffs due to injury up to that point so he didn't even help them get there.  Well then you know what happened after that. 

As far as trading OBJ, they can't trade him.  The cap penalty is too great.  They have a lot of dead money attached to him.  They have to make it work now.  But signing him to begin with to that kind of contract was dumb.  OL, DL, QB.  That's how you build a team.  Inside out.  That is what works. 

I wouldn’t say the Pats were comfortably ahead most of the game. We were tied at 0 after the first quarter. Tied at 7 at halftime. Tied at 14 after 3, and the Pats didn’t have a two score lead til around midway through the 4th quarter. 

From Garofalo 

"On #Giants QB Kyle Lauletta’s arrest (first reported by @njdotcom), a Weehawken police source says he hit the gas, ignored cops’ orders to stop, almost hit the cop and another car, cut off other cars and then refused to put his window down or step out of the vehicle."

Ehh...if you’re gonna hit rock bottom, might as well go alllllll the way down:roll:

Gotta laugh at this ish 

42 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Ehh...if you’re gonna hit rock bottom, might as well go alllllll the way down:roll:

Gotta laugh at this ish 

Might as well sign Chad Kelly at this point