Sign in to follow this  
Br3

The New York Giants are the new Cleveland Browns

The Giants are a bad football team but they would have to go on a run of say at least 10 straight years of 0-3 wins per season to even approach Browns sucktitude. 

Okay but somebody has to be the browns and the current browns look like they would destroy this giants team. 

it will take a miracle for this giants team to win 4 ball games this year. 

The 49ers suck right now but give me CJ bethard 7 days a week over eli 

The Browns were smart enough not to draft an RB over a QB, and as a result they actually have hope. The Giants on the other hand saw first hand that even when an RB has a crazy good game, they still get blown out because it's a QB driven league.

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

The Browns were smart enough not to draft an RB over a QB, and as a result they actually have hope. The Giants on the other hand saw first hand that even when an RB has a crazy good game, they still get blown out because it's a QB driven league.

:roll:

I think it goes beyond that. They are one of the handful of teams that is built from the outside in instead of the inside out. The front office has a hard on for skill position players and completely neglect the D/O lines year after year. As a result, Eli has no time to get the ball to the players they draft and the defense can’t generate a respectable pass rush to save their life. Wentz had all night to survey the field last night. There were a few plays were Wentz went through all of his reads, and then went back to re-read them again just incase his missed something. 

Eli on the other hand had to get a running start as soon as the ball was snapped just so cox and company wouldn’t detach his limbs from his body. Every player on that o line is a turnstile. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

Giants land a franchise QB, the division will be ours again, but until enjoy it...

Wentz will still exist if you guys draft a franchise guy

9 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Wentz will still exist if you guys draft a franchise guy

Your QB is not Brady and your coach ain't Belichick, so even if Wentz is in his prime when the Giants land a Franchise QB you will have down years, when you hand him $38m $40/year..

Just now, pencil face said:

Your QB is not Brady and your coach ain't Belichick, so even if Wentz is in his prime when the Giants land a Franchise QB you will have down years, when you hand him $38m $40/year..

But our GM is Howie Roseman.  Mic drop!

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Eh, I think Barkley was well worth using that pick on, especially if they just didn’t like the QBs available. They’re going to be bad enough to draft top 5 again next year unfortunately, so they can get their qb then and still have Barkley, who I think is going to be one of the all time greats. I know it’s early, but I’ve always thought he had that kind of potential. 

2 hours ago, pencil face said:

Giants land a franchise QB, the division will be ours again, but until enjoy it...

Eagles 26, Giants 14

That's not a score prediction. That's the head to head record this century.

16 minutes ago, paco said:

Eagles 26, Giants 14

That's not a score prediction. That's the head to head record this century.

The golden age of Eagles football and we still got ya beat 2-1. 

In regards to this thread, bwahhh hilarious. ?

Gettleman thinks it’s 1933. Drafting a rb before solidifying the qb spot. He must not know the forward pass has been invented. Someone should let him know that in this day and age you need a passer to win ball games. 

47 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The golden age of Eagles football and we still got ya beat 2-1. 

In regards to this thread, bwahhh hilarious. ?

Oh, yes, the browns analogy is ridiculous. And good on the giants for being 2-0 to our 1-1 vs the pats in the post season. 

But any delusion that the giants have been regularly winning the division and it will be theirs again is just as silly as the notion that they are the new browns.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Eh, I think Barkley was well worth using that pick on, especially if they just didn’t like the QBs available. They’re going to be bad enough to draft top 5 again next year unfortunately, so they can get their qb then and still have Barkley, who I think is going to be one of the all time greats. I know it’s early, but I’ve always thought he had that kind of potential. 

We saw first hand what Barkley's impact is on the Giants, even when he has an all-time great game, they still lose and get blown out. That's the value and impact an RB gives you in the modern NFL, very little. Barkley has been as good as advertised, and the Giants suck just as much as they did last year without him.

9 hours ago, Br3 said:

:roll:

I think it goes beyond that. They are one of the handful of teams that is built from the outside in instead of the inside out. The front office has a hard on for skill position players and completely neglect the D/O lines year after year. As a result, Eli has no time to get the ball to the players they draft and the defense can’t generate a respectable pass rush to save their life. Wentz had all night to survey the field last night. There were a few plays were Wentz went through all of his reads, and then went back to re-read them again just incase his missed something. 

Eli on the other hand had to get a running start as soon as the ball was snapped just so cox and company wouldn’t detach his limbs from his body. Every player on that o line is a turnstile. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

What makes you think the Giants have been ignoring the O and D lines? Starting with the defense, they investing heavily in  Vernon and Snacks and have drafted 4 DL (Hill and Tomlinson start, McIntosh is hurt, Avery Moss was a low round pick that was cut) in the past two drafts. Sure by the 4th quarter Wentz had all day to throw, but that’s what happens when a defense is forced out there after constant offensive 3 and outs. In the first half Vernon (who is not 100%) was eating Peters alive and Wentz was running for his life. If Eli was your QB they would of had 5 sacks. Your OL gets a little too much credit because Wentz is mobile. Your DL gets a little too much credit because Eli wears cement shoes. The Birds ranked in the bottom 5 on the season in QB pressures before this game. 

On the OL I think we all know what happened. They simply drafted the wrong guy. If Flowers turns out to be a legit LT this entire OL looks different. Also, as mentioned, we have the absolute least mobile QB in the league. I mean he can’t even step up in the pocket. I think he makes the line look way worse than it is. Guys like Rodgers and Wentz make their OL look better because they avoid sacks and make plays. Our guy goes down immediately, fumbles or throws a pick. 

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

We saw first hand what Barkley's impact is on the Giants, even when he has an all-time great game, they still lose and get blown out. That's the value and impact an RB gives you in the modern NFL, very little. Barkley has been as good as advertised, and the Giants suck just as much as they did last year without him.

And like I said, they’ll be picking high enough to get their qb next year. Why pass on a talent like Barkley if they weren’t convinced that any of the QBs available were franchise guys? And frankly I don’t disagree with them.

I wish they WOULD have taken a guy like Darnold, because I just don’t think he’s going to be anything special at all. But if they get a franchise qb next year to go along with Barkley and OBJ? That isn’t something I want to see. 

Yeah uh the Giants have won two super bowls in the last 11 years.  So if that doesn't change your mind, I don't know what will. 

They are in the middle of a very vicious rebuilding cycle.  Until they fix their OL they will continue to struggle, but if they do watch out.  I could see a team with a young QB, Saquan and even (barf) OBJ causing major havoc. 

45 minutes ago, nipples said:

And like I said, they’ll be picking high enough to get their qb next year. Why pass on a talent like Barkley if they weren’t convinced that any of the QBs available were franchise guys? And frankly I don’t disagree with them.

I wish they WOULD have taken a guy like Darnold, because I just don’t think he’s going to be anything special at all. But if they get a franchise qb next year to go along with Barkley and OBJ? That isn’t something I want to see. 

I agree with this. Picking a QB because you need a QB is how you end up with busts, or mediocre QBs. The Eagles didn't trade up to #2 because they needed a QB. They traded up because they fell in love with Wentz. They drafted a player, not a position.

13 hours ago, pencil face said:

I wonder if you'd be better off signing a qb next year than drafting one.  With OBJ and Barkley, you need a step up from what Eli is currently giving you, but not necessarily someone as good as Carson.

53 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree with this. Picking a QB because you need a QB is how you end up with busts, or mediocre QBs. The Eagles didn't trade up to #2 because they needed a QB. They traded up because they fell in love with Wentz. They drafted a player, not a position.

This is what Giant fans dont understand  ... They think who cares we will get a QB next year .  As if its that easy and a high pick means auto talent .