nicks

should we start working about the BOYS ??????

I'm not going to belittle what Dallas did yesterday, they were fantastic.  But that's the first time in about a full calendar year they have looked like a playoff team. 

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly I feel like the Skins are better than them.

I've had

Eagles

Skins

Pokes

Vags

since preseason.  I haven't seen anything to make me back off that so far.  I still think Dallas is a 7-9 team.

As for Jacksonville, they did this last year too, capable of putting a whooping on the league's best and then they lay inexplicable eggs to mediocre teams.  But yesterday was the most telling egg of all,  no matter how great Dallas played, 40-7 shows you quit.

50 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm not going to belittle what Dallas did yesterday, they were fantastic.  But that's the first time in about a full calendar year they have looked like a playoff team. 

Dak still had under 200 yards passing and 100 of it went to Beasley who apparently the Jags didn't worry about. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They were home? What do you mean? Last night was in Dallas? 

Oh absolutely. Bortles is terrible and I can't for the life of my understand that contract extension! That was a weird one. That team just needed a decent to good qb and they could have taken the next step. 

Yes. The latter sentences are regarding Dallas. I will fix.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

They played a good game in 100 years and not we are to be concerned. Wentz is not Bortles, and our D line is a different beast. Dallas still stinks. Don't kid yourself.

24 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Dak still had under 200 yards passing and 100 of it went to Beasley who apparently the Jags didn't worry about. 

Agreed.  Dak had his best game in over a year and still didn;t throw for 200.  that is not a winning formula in the NFL.  That said, this was definitely Dallas of 2016.  They dominated the Jags at the LOS.  O-Line had its best day in ages, D- Line has been doing that all year long.

The jags have some big offensive issues atm.  Their starting left tackle is out and their backup is also out.  They just signed Ereck Flowers...that's how bad their oline is, they actually went out and got the guy that was so bad on the giants line that the giants had to cut him.  Fournette is out as well.

The cowboys offense is meh but their defense got better in a hurry.  That dline has a stupid nickname but they are an athletic bunch and have been disruptive.  Their linebacker play from LVE and Jaylon Smith is no joke and byron jones is quietly PFF's top rated CB after moving over from safety.  Yeah, I get it, it's PFF but Byron's been playing good ball.  They aren't good at safety but the rest of that d shouldn't be underestimated, they've kept that putrid offense in games they had no right being in.

Initially I thought that the D was just playing really well and they'd drop back to their average but they haven't really dropped off.

I feel like their game with the Jags was similar to ours with the Giants. 2 teams with terrible offensive lines, and mediocre to bad qb play.  Both eagles and cowboys scored early on their respective opponents and were able to score consistently and those defenses eventually just quit knowing their offense wasn't going to allow them to win the game.  Neither the cowboys or the eagles d were really tested due to how bad those offenses were this past week.

That Jags team had little to no offense without Fournette, they had to play on the road and their plane was delayed hours before they got there.

It was a perfect storm for Dallas. They will crash back down to earth on Sunday. I just wish that Washington lost to the Panthers.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I dunno bud... That D is legit or at least it was last year. Anytime you put 40 on a really good D I think others need to pay attention a little. 

D cant be good if the offense cant keep them off the field.

Honestly, no not yet. In 4 games Wentz has thrown for more yards and more TDs than Prescott in 6. Even in the blowout win, Prescott missed a lot of plays and didn't pass for over 200 yards. In short, he doesn't scare me as a passer. His best damage done yesterday is when he took off and ran. This I feel is where he can hurt us. Our defense doesn't seem to react well with mobile QBs. Defensive line tends to overpursue instead of contain, then they break containment to get yards either by running or our defender having to leave coverage to make a play.

Their passing game is much much much worse than the Giants who we just faced. Even though they may score/get some big running plays, I don't see them realistically passing all over us. Fortunately, a strength of this current defense is run defense. 

I get we're both tied at 3-3 this season, but I feel the losses Dallas suffered are from problems that won't correct itself as the season wears on. The problems we've seen have been injuries and lack of consistent personnel. I believe they are correctable.

3 hours ago, dungaroo said:

They played a good game in 100 years and not we are to be concerned. Wentz is not Bortles, and our D line is a different beast. Dallas still stinks. Don't kid yourself.

They are 3-3 like us bud! I'm not saying they are world beaters but 8-8? Yeah I can see that happening. 

Not a chance.  Jags season was over the moment they beat the Pats, fans and players alike were acting as if they won the super bowl.  

Just about any average NFL defense can shut down their offense.  Even with Fournette in the lineup.  

Defensively the Jags were built to beat the Pats.   I..E.  Stationary QBs with a quick release...Jacksonville will struggle against QBs that can extend the play...

There are a lot of similarities between Tennessee and Dallas offensively.   Both teams offensively are the opposite of New England..... 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly I feel like the Skins are better than them.

Frankly I feel like the skins and boys stink. Not worried about either

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, nicks said:

putting hurting on the Jags   should we start worryingGive me reasons to stay positive

Because they are garbage. I don't care if they won 80-7, they still have Prescott and are one dimensional. They will finish no better than 8-8

On 10/14/2018 at 5:59 PM, nicks said:

putting hurting on the Jags   should we start worryingGive me reasons to stay positive

This is actually working out perfect. Dallas is doing just enough to keep Garrett and the rest of the crew in place. That’s exactly what we want; another year of Dak and Garrett, another average draft spot, more of the same.

For real, 8-9 in the box all day no matter what. If they cant run, Dak melts down. They're receiving corps is bad. Without constant play action off successful Zeke runs they can't move the ball. Their defense is scrappier than expected but a healthy Carson wins us that match up.

Never scared but I do think their defense has looked really good and that could be a problem for a Eagles team that has struggled offensively, I think we split with them this year. 

On 10/14/2018 at 7:16 PM, IFB DOG said:

Not even for $20.00?

Throw in some food stamps?

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely. Bortles is terrible and I can't for the life of my understand that contract extension! That was a weird one. That team just needed a decent to good qb and they could have taken the next step. 

The extension wasn’t that big in relative terms. The Jags needed were able to show some faith in their QB but did so without sinking too much guaranteed money. In fact, to me that extension essentially said to Bortles - ‘you’re not complete trash but you’re not the guy we think is the long term answer at QB, so here’s some cash until we can find our guy.’