Sign in to follow this  
D-Shiznit

Rumor: Cowboys working on Jason Garrett extension

31 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

https://insidethestar.com/report-jason-garrett-not-going-anywhere-with-possible-extension-coming-soon/

Please be true, please be true. This would be amazing news and shackle the Cowboys in mediocrity for another half decade.

Oh god please. I mean... Behind winning the SB this would be another huge day to celebrate for us Eagles fans. 

This is why I hope Jerry Jones lives forever and continues to be the cowpie GM

Jason garrett won coach of the year??

Wow and i thought the pro bowl was a jokeūüėČ

Please be true. Do this, then commit huge dollars to Dak and Zeke. 8-8 forever!

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Please be true. Do this, then commit huge dollars to Dak and Zeke. 8-8 forever!

From your keyboard to Vishnu's ears!! :thumbsup:

I will kill myself if that happens. That said, JJ gave Wade Phillips an extension at the end of 2009...then fired him 8 games or so into 2010.....so it's no guarantee he keeps his job

7 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I will kill myself if that happens. That said, JJ gave Wade Phillips an extension at the end of 2009...then fired him 8 games or so into 2010.....so it's no guarantee he keeps his job

Wades was a parting gift ... it also prob had tax purposes too I bet .  I can see same thing for Garret ...  To jerry its only money  and he hs a lot 

27 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Wades was a parting gift ... it also prob had tax purposes too I bet .  I can see same thing for Garret ...  To jerry its only money  and he hs a lot 

sometimes it has to do with keeping assistants and player morale......if a coach is on the last year of his deal some assistants will bail thinking if there's a good chance he's leaving they will most likely be canned as well, and players will theoretically check out thinking "this dude will be out the door, so no need to worry about him.....

to me that's all it could be because his performance hasn't warranted it. JJ came out and shot it down, but he lies so much who knows....better not happen either way

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

sometimes it has to do with keeping assistants and player morale......if a coach is on the last year of his deal some assistants will bail thinking if there's a good chance he's leaving they will most likely be canned as well, and players will theoretically check out thinking "this dude will be out the door, so no need to worry about him.....

to me that's all it could be because his performance hasn't warranted it. JJ came out and shot it down, but he lies so much who knows....better not happen either way

He is gonna get the Gruden 10 year plan

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

So... the only thing I can think is that Jason Garrett has naked pictures of Jerry Jones? 

That only works as leverage when it’s something that other people actually want to see

Or the subject has shame

Isn't Garrett his son in law? For some reason I think I read or heard that . It would explain why he is so committed to the guy, if true. 

9 hours ago, back2nj said:

Isn't Garrett his son in law? For some reason I think I read or heard that . It would explain why he is so committed to the guy, if true. 

Would surely make for some awkward holiday dinners¬†if/when he fires him ūüėā¬†¬†

5-3
8-8
8-8
8-8
12-4, 1-1 in playoffs
4-12
13-3, 0-1 in playoffs
9-7
3-3

What has he done to deserve a new contact? He took over the job 8+ years ago, 1 playoff win. He is a loyal Jerry servant. He is a yes man to Jerry.  Jerry knows he can overrule him, he wont get in the way. 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:30 PM, boogyman said:

He is gonna get the Gruden 10 year plan

I hope so. Give one to Jay Gruden too. He sucks as well and both teams are run by idiots