Sign in to follow this  
mtgiebler

Cowboys just traded for Amari Cooper

4 minutes ago, robj80 said:

I can see why Howie isn't making any moves with the asking prices of some of these players.

Absolutely! Howie has done a great job at building a selection of picks next year when we have a lot of holes opening up on the roster. He's not going to give that away for rentals. 

Oh wow, a 1st.

Maybe the Boys see the Eagles losing yesterday and think the Division is between them and the Skins, so they want to win now.

I think universsally everyone agrees JJ overpaid.

that said, that alone won’t cripple the franchise if Cooper doesn’t pan out. Dallas will be about $80m under the cap after this season....hopefully they will be a bit more active in FA next year....beef up the TE spot. I think it’s a given they will add Earl Thomas at FS to an already very good defense. 

I'm surprised TATE isn't burning up the internet over this one.  Guess I misjudged.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Apparently we offered a second!!! So we had interest. 

Makes me feel a td bit better...if other teams were offering 2...I thought it had a been a 3rd from other teams 

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Apparently we offered a second!!! So we had interest. 

So let me get this straight - the Eagles not only traded in front of Dallas, in Dallas to take a TE Dallas desperately needed, but they also drove up the price of an OK WR so they lose their 1st next year?

Nice!

Interesting...Didn’t realize Cooper was only 24, and a 2 time pro bowler...only 6 months older than Calvin Ridley.

From what I just read Dalllas doesn’t tbli be any WR coming out this year is as good as Cooper ather teams (Eagles) offered a 2nd.

knowing all that I feel a bit better...though i’d Have liked if Dallas gave up a 2nd and maybe a conditional pick for 2020.....or got something back like a 4th maybe 

4 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

So let me get this straight - the Eagles not only traded in front of Dallas, in Dallas to take a TE Dallas desperately needed, but they also drove up the price of an OK WR so they lose their 1st next year?

Nice!

Philly had to have real interest, there is sort of an unwritten rule in the NFL that when a team makes an offer and you accept it, they have to follow through....I doubt Philly was willing to risk giving up a 2nd for a receiver they didn’t want, just to drive up the price inn dallas. 

Definitely helps the Cowboys in the short term and at that age might not be terrible in the long-term either. If it was a 2nd instead of a 1st the trade would look a lot better for Dallas. There's a stigma in the NFL that you just don't trade first round picks unless you're getting an all pro back in return, but if the value is there (a 24 year old #1 WR is not terrible) it's worth the risk. 

10 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Philly had to have real interest, there is sort of an unwritten rule in the NFL that when a team makes an offer and you accept it, they have to follow through....I doubt Philly was willing to risk giving up a 2nd for a receiver they didn’t want, just to drive up the price inn dallas. 

Sorry I forgot to add #sarcasm to that post...

Good move for the Cowboys. They had a glaring deficit at WR. Sure they spent a first but you figure they’ll likely have used it on a WR anyway as they are projected to pick somewhere in the 10-15 range and that’s where the 1st round WRs usually go. The draft is a crapshoot so they spent their 1st rounder on a proven young talent - pretty much a sure thing.  

Just read where Gil Brandt said most scouts don’t have a WR going in the top 25 this year, an extremely weak class....see positive comments on Cooper from Brian Ballinger who posted clips showing Cooper getting open vs man coverage this year vs Denver.

i think Dalllas definitely overpaid by a round...but i’s not as bad of a deal as I first thought. ...still don’t love it or think it makes a huge difference 

9 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Just read where Gil Brandt said most scouts don’t have a WR going in the top 25 this year, an extremely weak class....see positive comments on Cooper from Brian Ballinger who posted clips showing Cooper getting open vs man coverage this year vs Denver.

i think Dalllas definitely overpaid by a round...but i’s not as bad of a deal as I first thought. ...still don’t love it or think it makes a huge difference 

FB_IMG_1540246442156.jpg

Lost in all of this, is that if the season ended today, Oakland would have

Rd1 Pk 4

Rd1 Pk 9 from Dallas

Rd1 Pk 15 from Chicago

What top 3 pick is Chucky eyeballing? 

11 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Lost in all of this, is that if the season ended today, Oakland would have

Rd1 Pk 4

Rd1 Pk 9 from Dallas

Rd1 Pk 15 from Chicago

What top 3 pick is Chucky eyeballing? 

Two first rounders next year too. That’s a nice infusion of talent if they take the right guys. 

7 minutes ago, terrellowensisapuss said:

Receiver don’t usually make big impacts coming in mid season.

It’s not just about this year from what i’ve read, they don’t think any wr in next year’s draft will be worth a 1st rounder 

Dallas got fleeced in this deal. Cooper is mediocre WR with very little upside. 

As long as Jerruh is around to make stupid deals like this, I'm fine with it.