Sign in to follow this  
Br3

Anyone else going to London?

I’m going, leave Thursday get back Monday - My gf & I: plane, hotel, game tickets all cost about $2000 total so not too bad. Cool excuse to go to London/UK for the first time. Going to be cool seeing another country sprinkled with Eagles fans. 

Not as excited to go anymore. Something about that panthers game just makes my stomach hurt. Then there’s the random Derek Barnett news out of nowhere. Strange feeling about this jags game. Feels like the benching of Blake Bortles will have him motivated and he’ll have a prolific passing performance against this defense and the jags defense will suddenly look like the 2000 ravens. I hope I’m wrong but with these 2018 Eagles who the hell knows. ?‍♂️

times yours.  

Yeah I get it. I was planning to go to the Rams game in LA this year but at this rate Im leaning towards not spending the money to see Jalen Mills get double-moved by Brandin Cooks all day. I can do that at home.

yeah 2 grand to go see a football game is kinda crazy..... so no...

heck I think the 3-400 hundred I'd spend to go see one in Philly is kinda crazy...

1 hour ago, EpyonXero said:

Yeah I get it. I was planning to go to the Rams game in LA this year but at this rate Im leaning towards not spending the money to see Jalen Mills get double-moved by Brandin Cooks all day. I can do that at home.

Yea man save your money wait for the new LA stadium next year I think.

My first ever Eagles game this Sunday, although I live in Scotland so only an hour flight for me to London. I've spent 15+ years following this team and have never missed watching a game no matter what time it's on here. Mega pumped up to finally get to see them play in the flesh regardless of how poor we have been so far this season!

16 hours ago, Br3 said:

Not as excited to go anymore. Something about that panthers game just makes my stomach hurt.

I understand, but no worries, we'll get it done. Also, go to the South End Pubs, and have one on me.:thumbsup:Eagle_smiley.jpg

17 hours ago, Br3 said:

I’m going, leave Thursday get back Monday - My gf & I: plane, hotel, game tickets all cost about $2000 total so not too bad. Cool excuse to go to London/UK for the first time. Going to be cool seeing another country sprinkled with Eagles fans. 

Not as excited to go anymore. Something about that panthers game just makes my stomach hurt. Then there’s the random Derek Barnett news out of nowhere. Strange feeling about this jags game. Feels like the benching of Blake Bortles will have him motivated and he’ll have a prolific passing performance against this defense and the jags defense will suddenly look like the 2000 ravens. I hope I’m wrong but with these 2018 Eagles who the hell knows. ?‍♂️

times yours.  

My first Eagles game, so I’m excited no matter what.

You will have a great time in London. Good excuse for a trip over and I hope we are all as hospitable to you as the people in the US have been to me when I’ve visited.

25 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You will have a great time in London. Good excuse for a trip over and I hope we are all as hospitable to you as the people in the US have been to me when I’ve visited.

56 minutes ago, BIRDZEYEVIEW said:

I understand, but no worries, we'll get it done. Also, go to the South End Pubs, and have one on me.:thumbsup:Eagle_smiley.jpg

25 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Oh yeah I’m definitely excited to go to the UK for the first time it’s just the actual game that makes me uneasy which is hilarious because it’s blake fing bortles we’re talking about here! But...

Blake Bortles games in London: he’s 3-0, 8 tds 1 int 

Jags have some kind of home field advantage it seems but I have a friend who’s already there and he said eagles fans already took over the city! 

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Don't know if you know, but Blake Bortles supposedly benched.

14 minutes ago, BIRDZEYEVIEW said:

Lol I mentioned that in my op

also marrone named him the starter like 2 days ago 

29 minutes ago, BIRDZEYEVIEW said:

I thought it was just to motivate him and that he’ll be playing Sunday?

14 hours ago, Baynit said:

yeah 2 grand to go see a football game is kinda crazy..... so no...

heck I think the 3-400 hundred I'd spend to go see one in Philly is kinda crazy...

Some people like getting out of the house as well as traveling.  IMO its a good "excuse" to go to the UK.  Obviously the 2k isn't a problem for him to swing

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Lol I mentioned that in my op

also marrone named him the starter like 2 days ago 

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I thought it was just to motivate him and that he’ll be playing Sunday?

The coach said he'll be doing starter reps?

JACKSONVILLE – Blake Bortles will remain the Jaguars’ starter.

Bortles, the Jaguars’ starting quarterback for the last 68 games, will start for the team when it plays the Philadelphia Eagles at Wembley Stadium in London Sunday. Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone announced the decision late Monday afternoon in a statement sent to Jaguars players that was distributed to media.

"I spoke to both quarterbacks this afternoon and told them that Blake will be our team’s starting quarterback,” the statement said. "I believe this gives us the best opportunity to win.”

Marrone replaced Bortles with Cody Kessler early in the third quarter of a 20-7 loss to the Houston Texans at TIAA Bank Field Sunday – the Jaguars’ third consecutive loss.

Marrone during his next-day media availability Monday afternoon had said he had decided on the starter, but that he wanted to meet with Kessler and Bortles before making the decision public. He also said he wanted Jaguars players to know the decision before an announcement.

Seems unsure?:unsure:

On 10/24/2018 at 9:16 AM, Br3 said:

Oh well that is just great!!!  :thumbsdown:

And that is probably the main reason he is back to starting QB.

Enjoy your time in London.  I was there in 2012 the day after the Olympics ended.  I suggest going to Hyde Park and the London Bridge area.  The latter has loads to see and a pedestrian street lined with pubs and restaurants.  It's a great town and I loved it.  Blows NYC away, IMO.  And hopefully the Eagles give you a victory so you can fully enjoy it.

Just got down to London. Checked into hotel which is literally next door to designated eagles pub.  Nearly got knocked over by Swoop and the cheerleaders  ?