Sign in to follow this  
pencil face

Giants in rebuild mode

10 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

He was very up and down this off season. He drafted really well but bombed in free agency. I’m curious to see what he could do with 9 picks or more next year. 

Well he did draft well, but he also had the #2 pick in the draft. With that said, this is also the guy that has mocked analytics and said he did want to talk to anyone about trading down.  The Giants could have easily got more picks in the 2018 or 2019 draft from the Jets to move down one spot. They were honed in on Darnold and the Giants would have still got Barkley. 

22 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Well he did draft well, but he also had the #2 pick in the draft. With that said, this is also the guy that has mocked analytics and said he did want to talk to anyone about trading down.  The Giants could have easily got more picks in the 2018 or 2019 draft from the Jets to move down one spot. They were honed in on Darnold and the Giants would have still got Barkley. 

My memory is poor, but I dont remember the Giants ever being really active as far as jockeying for draft positions. Even after the first round, they seem to just pick where they are.

37 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

How do you know there was a deal on the table from the Jets? How do you know the deal was a fair one for the Giants? It's easy to speculate, but we have no clue what goes on inside those war rooms. 

That said, if there's a young, innovative, analytical GM ready to take Gettlemen's place, sign me up. 

4 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Barkley behind a decent OL might average 6 yards per carry.  Wouldn't shock met at all. 

He's a slightly faster, stronger Zeke...dude will be a beast

30 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

He's a slightly faster, stronger Zeke...dude will be a beast

Better receiver and much more agile as well.  Imagine if he had been drafted the Cowboys?

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

Better receiver and much more agile as well.  Imagine if he had been drafted the Cowboys?

not to be argumentative.....but ish,  you and I haven't argued in a year or so...... He's not a better receiver, Dallas just has no idea how to use Zeke as a receiver...ever see Zeke in college? lining up at WR and running WR routes? It's criminal how much they underutilize him in that aspect. They basically ask him to stay in and block on 3rd downs and then maybe release out into the flat as a check down, then they throw him 1 screen per game.  

I think "much more agile" may be a bit of an over statement....maybe a shade more...but definitely a step faster and a little more powerful...I think Zeke himself has said that. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

How do you know there was a deal on the table from the Jets? How do you know the deal was a fair one for the Giants? It's easy to speculate, but we have no clue what goes on inside those war rooms. 

That said, if there's a young, innovative, analytical GM ready to take Gettlemen's place, sign me up. 

Everyone knew that the Jets were honing in on a QB which is why they traded up to the 3 spot. Gettleman basically told the entire league before the draft to not even call him because he is not going to trade down and that if it was not for league rules of waiting 5 minutes before putting in a pick, it would have been in within 2 seconds.

Nobody knows if there even could have been a deal because Gettleman was stubborn and did not try to get the best value he could.

What teams do we have looking for a QB in the off-season?

Giants, Jags, Bucs, Dolphins would be the 4 locks

Bengals and Broncos I have question marks

8 hours ago, Mat said:

What teams do we have looking for a QB in the off-season?

Giants, Jags, Bucs, Dolphins would be the 4 locks

Bengals and Broncos I have question marks

Something tells me the Raiders are in that mix as well

On 10/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Stephen1 said:

not to be argumentative.....but ish,  you and I haven't argued in a year or so...... He's not a better receiver, Dallas just has no idea how to use Zeke as a receiver...ever see Zeke in college? lining up at WR and running WR routes? It's criminal how much they underutilize him in that aspect. They basically ask him to stay in and block on 3rd downs and then maybe release out into the flat as a check down, then they throw him 1 screen per game.  

I think "much more agile" may be a bit of an over statement....maybe a shade more...but definitely a step faster and a little more powerful...I think Zeke himself has said that. 

I think the biggest difference that nobody has said when comparing the two:  From everything I've ever read and observed, Barkley is a much more mature person that Zeke.  I highly doubt that you'll ever see Saquon be disciplined by the NFL for off the field issues....of course you never know, but.....

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Something tells me the Raiders are in that mix as well

I've got Raiders next year since I have them giving Carr at least until the end of next season. Pats, Chargers, Saints and the two I had as question marks in the Broncos and Bengals 100% looking for one if they didn't already.

Steelers, Titans, Colts, Skins all question marks that season as well

Maybe throw in the Cowgirls as well. I think that's the season Dak should be due for a payday and on current form won't get it

On 11/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, Mat said:

I've got Raiders next year since I have them giving Carr at least until the end of next season. Pats, Chargers, Saints and the two I had as question marks in the Broncos and Bengals 100% looking for one if they didn't already.

Steelers, Titans, Colts, Skins all question marks that season as well

Maybe throw in the Cowgirls as well. I think that's the season Dak should be due for a payday and on current form won't get it

Throw in the Ravens for a laugh. 

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

Throw in the Ravens for a laugh. 

Didn't they just draft Jackson in the first?

13 hours ago, Mat said:

Didn't they just draft Jackson in the first?

Forgot about him, I thought he was a Terrelle Pryor type case.