EagleJoe8

Week 9 Open Discussion.

Week 9 brings us the Eagles bye week, which should sadden the football world for not getting to see our Birds play. But football carries on for the week anyway.

Much needed help could come from Atlanta if they can pull off a win in Washington. The division may be our best bet at the playoffs as we sit here with 3 NFC losses in the first half of the season.

The 2nd installment of the Steelers/Ravens matchup takes place in Baltimore. The Ravens have fallen a bit, and can hopefully continue to do so as it helps our 2nd round pick.

Fitzpatrick returns as the Bucs QB this week. Will "Fitzmagic" return, or will the Panthers show there are no more rabbits in that hat?

Kind of interesting how Demarius Thomas gets traded to Houston, then immediately returns to Denver as a Texan. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

Are we getting a preview of the NFCCG this week as the Rams travel to NO? This could be a fun game to watch. LA can really take a strangle hold on the race to HFA with a win on the road here.

For only the 2nd time, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady will compete in the same game when Green Bay travels to NE.

Talk about the games you'll be watching.

27 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Week 9 brings us the Eagles bye week, which should sadden the football world for not getting to see our Birds play. But football carries on for the week anyway.

Much needed help could come from Atlanta if they can pull off a win in Washington. The division may be our best bet at the playoffs as we sit here with 3 NFC losses in the first half of the season.

The 2nd installment of the Steelers/Ravens matchup takes place in Baltimore. The Ravens have fallen a bit, and can hopefully continue to do so as it helps our 2nd round pick.

Fitzpatrick returns as the Bucs QB this week. Will "Fitzmagic" return, or will the Panthers show there are no more rabbits in that hat?

Kind of interesting how Demarius Thomas gets traded to Houston, then immediately returns to Denver as a Texan. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

Are we getting a preview of the NFCCG this week as the Rams travel to NO? This could be a fun game to watch. LA can really take a strangle hold on the race to HFA with a win on the road here.

For only the 2nd time, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady will compete in the same game when Green Bay travels to NE.

Talk about the games you'll be watching.

I cant wait to see the method that the Giants come up with to lose during their bye week. Should be.....entertaining:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I cant wait to see the method that the Giants come up with to lose during their bye week. Should be.....entertaining:facepalm:

Something like the HC, OC and DC end up in a scandalous love triangle gone wrong. :roll:

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Something like the HC, OC and DC end up in a scandalous love triangle gone wrong. :roll:

:lol:

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As a fan, I hate the bye week. But as a fan, I know that the players need it to heal up.

Cut the PS to 2 games, makes regular season 18 weeks with 2 byes/team.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Cut the PS to 2 games, makes regular season 18 weeks with 2 byes/team.

If they cut the preseason to 2 games, the league will want to fill those two games with regular season games. If they can't get regular season games, they won't lose those two games worth of commercial revenue, and ticket revenue.

20 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Are we getting a preview of the NFCCG this week as the Rams travel to NO? This could be a fun game to watch.

LA can really take a strangle hold on the race to HFA with a win on the road here.

These are the games I'll be watching . . . Rams are at Saints on FOX 4:25pm Eastern time.

The Pack are at Pats in the late game on NBC. The only other game that might be interesting

is the Falcons at Redskins on FOX at 1pm.  The rest are either irrelevant or boring. 

18 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Lol made some dip then noticed I was looking at a clock that doesn't auto adjust for daylight savings. Oh well

I thought I was the only person who completely forgot about this useless, archaic tradition.

Go falcons, titans, lions, and bucs

4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I think the MVP should be Gurley

So if they make super bowl they don’t win :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Lol made some dip then noticed I was looking at a clock that doesn't auto adjust for daylight savings. Oh well

git r done ?

Ravens convert a 3rd and 9, Flacco to Mark Andrews (?) up to the 46

next play is a 10 yard run and now Lamar Jackson is in the game. Jackson hands the ball off to Gus Edwards but the exchange is fumbled. Edwards falls on it to keep it Ravens ball.

More proof of how randomly roughing is called in this league: That sack of Alex Smith looked just like Bennett's sack of Kurt Cousins which he got flagged for.