xzmattzx

Sam Bradford released by Cardinals

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Could he be any worse than Eli's been?

Hell yes, since he cant stay on the field for more than 10 minutes before being carted off the field, and right to the bank to cash checks he didn't earn. Even when he was out there, he sucked. Was not worthy of being a top pick, not even close.

57 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Hell yes, since he cant stay on the field for more than 10 minutes before being carted off the field, and right to the bank to cash checks he didn't earn. Even when he was out there, he sucked. Was not worthy of being a top pick, not even close.

He really couldn't do any worse than Eli, on the field. Might he get injured and force Eli back onto the field? Sure.

But look at Eli since the infamous boat trip:

15-25 .375 967/1528 63.3% 10,171 YDS 54 TDs 36 INTs 84.5 Passer Rating

Bradford doesn't have quite as many games played since 2016, so I'll do his stats two ways.

2017-2018:

2-3 .400 82/123 66.7% 782 YDS 5 TDs 4 INTs 84.1 Passer Rating

2016-2018:

9-11 .450 477/675 70.7% 4,659 YDS 25 TDs  9 INTs 96.5 Passer Rating

The majority of Bradford's games, were with Shurmur as his OC.

Of course, I know that it's highly unlikely that Bradford gets signed in NY, but if they're ready to move on from Eli, Shurmur might want a familiar face for the second half of the season. If the Giants can convince Bradford to take a minimal contract, it could be possible.

22 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

That's probably it for Bradford. Nobody's going to pick up that price tag. He threw some great passes in Philly. 

Some even greater check downs

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

He should. He's been stealing $ from NFL teams for years.

Stealing ? No. The nfl has been blinded by his college accomplishments and ignorantly gave him all that $

On 11/4/2018 at 7:43 AM, Gmen4ever said:

If Shurmur even calls Bradford to say hello, my head will explode. I've never liked the guy, he's never impressed me even a little bit.

So the million dollar question is who are you talking about, Shurmur or Bradford, both could fit the bill but it's Shurmur for me, is anyone surprised that he has the worst team in the NFL?

The money looks stupid: Cardinals paid $13 million to Bradford to start 3 games. But,

Cardinals gain a pick by cutting Bradford. It's a better move for a team in transition.

38 minutes ago, toolg said:

The money looks stupid: Cardinals paid $13 million to Bradford to start 3 games. But,

Cardinals gain a pick by cutting Bradford. It's a better move for a team in transition.

The stupid decision was signing him in the first place.

18 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

that is one of the biggest reasons I never like Sam and never wanted him as an Eagle .....  All that time he sat out taking so much money from Rams for nothing .  THey asked for him to redo contract so they could improve team ... he refused.  He is 100% a crook and a soft one at that.  I loved when he had a bit of a hissy fit over Wentz 

Teams were willing to pay him. He was just greedy enough to accept. Even knowing he wasn't worthy of that kind of money ( given his availability record). 

15 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Stealing ? No. The nfl has been blinded by his college accomplishments and ignorantly gave him all that $

And he ignorantly through his greed took it! He could have  accepted less but wouldn't. But you are also right that teams were blinded by his college record ...in spite of his never duplicating that in the NFL. (Or staying on the field long enough to prove their money was well spent). 

If someone is willing to offer me $$ to play a game, and retire young instead of actually putting in 8 hours a day working until I'm to old to enjoy retirement, I'm taking it. I don't see it as Greedy.

3 minutes ago, back2nj said:

And he ignorantly through his greed took it! He could have  accepted less but wouldn't. But you are also right that teams were blinded by his college record ...in spite of his never duplicating that in the NFL. (Or staying on the field long enough to prove their money was well spent). 

Would you accept less money knowing your employer will throw more at you?

34 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Teams were willing to pay him. He was just greedy enough to accept. Even knowing he wasn't worthy of that kind of money ( given his availability record). 

Greedy?  Dude, this is the NFL where they cast players aside like yesterday's trash bag.  It's a mercenary league. Say what you want about Bradford but I don't begrudge him or any other player from squeezing every dime out of his career. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

So the million dollar question is who are you talking about, Shurmur or Bradford, both could fit the bill but it's Shurmur for me, is anyone surprised that he has the worst team in the NFL?

I was talking about Bradford. I’m still trying to give Shurmur the benefit of the doubt for now, he inherited a disaster, and one off season isn’t going to fix it

1 minute ago, Gmen4ever said:

I was talking about Bradford. I’m still trying to give Shurmur the benefit of the doubt for now, he inherited a disaster, and one off season isn’t going to fix it

Shurmur is too conservative to be successful in today's NFL.  

On 11/4/2018 at 10:15 AM, ThinkGreen said:

The Bills definitely need help but they also need consistency. They'd be better off with a solid journeyman. 

Bills should try to get Fitzgerald back if he’s a FA this year. 

3 hours ago, back2nj said:

he has made 134 million in NFL  yet has only played 16 games 2 out of 9 seasons .  He has never thrown more then 21 TDs in a year ... he is basically a 2 tds to 1 int ratio .  ITs insane what preceived potential can do. ITs funny because his best year is with the Vikings .... We have seen a few QBs do really good there . Funny this about Vikings and there fans ... they like to bring up completion % type stats ..... but last 3 years have led in passes under 5 yards .  Like Cousins is this year  :D 

Signed by the Giants in 3... 2...

6 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Would you accept less money knowing your employer will throw more at you?

Color it however you choose...to me it is being greedy.  Had it been only one team or even two ...than I would have no problem with him wanting to make sure his future security was made secure.

But 4 teams sir?  Lets not pretend that he wasn't a first round pick . At a position that allowed ( when he was drafted) for teams to give those guys unlimited amounts of money. So sorry if I don't  see it as anything other than  greed on his part .

As for your question. Most of us aren't/weren't  in a field  of employment, where we would be offered such egregious amounts of money to begin with. But I would hope to think that I wouldn't allow myself to become excessively  greedy.

13 hours ago, paco said:

Signed by the Giants in 3... 2...

Keep holding your breath, but dont make any noise when you hit the floor. Some of us are trying to sleep

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Keep holding your breath, but dont make any noise when you hit the floor. Some of us are trying to sleep

A lot of goons who think theyre clever are trying to claim that due to Pat Shurmur having worked with him on multiple teams. Giants already came out and stated that they have zero interest in him.

Sam Bradford has had some luck when it comes to money. Aside from being the last overall 1st round pick to get big money before the CBA and NFL agreed to a rookie structure, the guy has made $130 million overall in seven seasons.

7 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I actually don't think it'd be a bad move by the Giants, if he could stay healthy. That is, if the Giants are ready to move on from Eli, and are willing to sit him on the bench. With this season basically a lost cause though, they'd probably rather just let Eli play it out and go for the #1 pick in the draft.

Since I don't follow college at all, I don't know which QB's they might have their eye on, or if anyone is worth the #1 pick this year.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I actually don't think it'd be a bad move by the Giants, if he could stay healthy. That is, if the Giants are ready to move on from Eli, and are willing to sit him on the bench. With this season basically a lost cause though, they'd probably rather just let Eli play it out and go for the #1 pick in the draft.

Since I don't follow college at all, I don't know which QB's they might have their eye on, or if anyone is worth the #1 pick this year.

I see Kyle Lauletta starting instead.