Plache

Monday Night Football announcing team.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

I might be the only one, but I liked Dennis Miller on MNF. Often the game was a blow-out in the second half, but I'd stay tuned just to see what stupid stuff he'd be jabbering about. He had no filter. It was great.

Dennis Miller was good.  Personally, I never would have brought John Madden into MNF because to me he was not worth $8 Million a year.  At that time, I would have kept Dan Fouts and brought in Angie Harmon (then-wife of then-Giant Jason Sehorn who actually knows a lot on football) to replace Miller as I felt Ms. Harmon would likely have brought with her a lot of female viewers to MNF seeing a woman in the booth (she is best known for playing ADA Abbie Carmichael on "Law & Order" from 1998-2001).  Fouts and Ms. Harmon combined would likely have cost Disney around $2.5-3 Million a year in salary as opposed to Madden's $8 Million.

49 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Nope, just a rational Eagles fan. 

There's no such thing as a rational Eagles fan :flex: 

I think Witten has potential, but would be better off doing Sunday games for one of the networks on the third or fourth team announcing crew. Tessitore's problem for me is his voice, which just doesn't have that distinctive tone or weight that garners attention. The whole Booger thing, with him on the perch like some gargoyle (Seinfeld reference), seems like a ill-fated attempt to do something different because it's just dumb to have a guy sitting on an elevated platform while lending mostly useless commentary.

For being the self-proclaimed 'Leader', ESPN has some of the poorest announcers across all sports. Chris Fowler doing tennis might be one of the few exceptions, as is their overall tennis coverage teams, which are pretty good, but were largely the same group (Shriver, Gilbert, Evert) that work most Grand Slam events, so they're proven.

I think Matt Vasgersian is good on Sunday Night Baseball too. Besides those few exceptions, along with Jay Bilas and D Vitale (who can be irritating, baby!!, but overall I like him) on college hoops, ESPN has some of the most bland announcers in sports.