Geddy11

Dez Bryant a Saint.

great signing....I hope he gets 200 and 3td's when he plays vs Dallas on the 29th.....I also hope he gets a ring this year

Hmm... Adding a decent weapon to an already loaded offense. I think that's actually a good move by the Saints. He's not the player he was but he doesn't need to be in that offense. He's a WR 3/4?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm... Adding a decent weapon to an already loaded offense. I think that's actually a good move by the Saints. He's not the player he was but he doesn't need to be in that offense. He's a WR 3/4?

I think he's better than people think...Garrett and Dak held him back....as long as he's healthy I think talent wise he's a mid level #1, very very good #2 WR

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

I think he's better than people think...Garrett and Dak held him back....as long as he's healthy I think talent wise he's a mid level #1, very very good #2 WR

I mean maybe... And for the Saints they don't even need him to be that. As long as he doesn't cause any issues and he produces on the field then it's a really good move for them. 

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean maybe... And for the Saints they don't even need him to be that. As long as he doesn't cause any issues and he produces on the field then it's a really good move for them. 

Romo and Witten vouched for him. He never caused issues in Dallas, at worst he would get too hyped on the sideline and they'd have to get him to calm down a bit.....but he was never negative really.  He was Mr. Yes Sir/No Sir to Tony Romo, and I bet he will be with Brees...that's a legit HOF QB.... He had plenty of reason to throw the coaches and even Romo under the bus on numerous occasions, and never did....he was never a TO type

I’ll never fully understand the locker room cancer discussion. He never seemed to be a very negative person and never seemed to openly bash his teammates like people kept saying when he was cut. I thought cutting him was odd and it seemed like it was them strictly believe the running game was the reason for their success and belief of Dak being a elite QB and would save money in the long term

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Agreed. We should have picked him up.

13 minutes ago, dungaroo said:

Agreed. We should have picked him up.

you'd have gotten more out of him that what they did in Dallas, you have a coach with a shred of creativity and a QB that is both willing and able to fit the ball into tight spaces...I don't know that you need him, he would probably best operate over the middle of the field and on mid range routes...with your TE's and Alshon, you don't really need that..

I hope he puts up 200 and 4 td's on Dallas in a few weeks 

Yep, good signing. I understand why we cut him, but hated the fact that we followed it up with making him look like some terrible teammate. He's a much lesser version of TO and Ochocinco. Of course he would have an occasional blow up here and there, but he was the only one with balls enough to call out some of the BS this organization and the coaching on offense has had. 

I really don't think he missed or was late to as many meetings as they made it sound like he was. Sure he can be a pain in film room or meetings, but he also plays with a passion and fire that I didn't see enough from the Cowboys. He went about it the wrong way at times and especially after being cut, but he's a solid player.

I think both Witten and Dez would still be here with Romo at QB. Brees will throw this guy open if he's still having trouble with separation...oh and Payton will find ways to get him open too.

4 hours ago, lorddevn said:

I’ll never fully understand the locker room cancer discussion. He never seemed to be a very negative person and never seemed to openly bash his teammates like people kept saying when he was cut. I thought cutting him was odd and it seemed like it was them strictly believe the running game was the reason for their success and belief of Dak being a elite QB and would save money in the long term

More of a sideline cancer from what I witnessed over the years.  Critical points in game when things aren't going well and he is barking away at teammates or coaches.  

Giants and R-word already played the Saints, I want to see what type of beat down the Saints will dish out, the Eagles defense isn't very good, and what i thought was the best defense in the division just made Mariota look like Montana..

Hate the pickup.

Saints are all in this year and could rip the NFC a new one, crap in every orifice, make some new ones, and then have another go. That's how good they could be with a healthy Brees.

7 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Instant fantasy footy pickup. Glad to see him back in the league.

I have Michael Thomas and he's been balling out. I'm hoping Dez doesn't slow that down too much.

7 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

More of a sideline cancer from what I witnessed over the years.  Critical points in game when things aren't going well and he is barking away at teammates or coaches.  

The thing is then NFL films would play the audio and he was never barking at teammates in a negative way...I mean never. The Lions game a few years back is a prime example....they show a clip of him that looks like yelling at Romo after an int..it led sports center for 2 days...every analyst criticizing him....then they play the audio on NFL films and lt’s "we got this Tomy! You and me are the. Best....we got this!”....dude never called out a teammate, even after Romo’s worst game...never complained publicly about not getting the ball...he was never a T.O.

what he did do is get too emotional early on and yell at Tefs, opponents and opposing coaches....he’d get so emotional he would lose focus, coaches and teammates would have to calm him down, which could be a distraction.

10 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Yep, good signing. I understand why we cut him, but hated the fact that we followed it up with making him look like some terrible teammate. He's a much lesser version of TO and Ochocinco. Of course he would have an occasional blow up here and there, but he was the only one with balls enough to call out some of the BS this organization and the coaching on offense has had. 

I really don't think he missed or was late to as many meetings as they made it sound like he was. Sure he can be a pain in film room or meetings, but he also plays with a passion and fire that I didn't see enough from the Cowboys. He went about it the wrong way at times and especially after being cut, but he's a solid player.

I think both Witten and Dez would still be here with Romo at QB. Brees will throw this guy open if he's still having trouble with separation...oh and Payton will find ways to get him open too.

Dez was late to meetings sometimes early in his career, but wasn’t for years, so I don’t think that was an issue.

Romo was the de facto OC who covered a lot of warts in Garrett’s scheme...so had he stuck around Dez wouldn’t have gotten frustrated and called out the coaches...Linehan in particular....that’s what got him cut....

think about that....a player has a problem with the scheme and thinks they should do things differently....does he call the coaches out publicly? Nope....does it the right way and goes to the coaches in private before the week 16 game vs. Seattle and says they need to switch things up...tweek the scheme and they react by drastically cutting his playing time in the Seattle and Eagles game....

Dez getting cut was 100% on Linehan amd Garrett....I mean the Cooper deal is acknowledgement that that was a bad decision....and I hope Dez rubs their face in it on the 29th...That will seal JG amd Linehan’s fate. 

13 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

Dont know why I see him torching us in the POs....just a bad feeling ?

POs? Anyway we get them in 2 weeks and I think he'll be rusty and still not in "football" shape. Might need a few more games to get it going. I'm more worried about Thomas than Dez

6 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

POs? Anyway we get them in 2 weeks and I think he'll be rusty and still not in "football" shape. Might need a few more games to get it going. I'm more worried about Thomas than Dez

well yeah... I mean even if Dez was in shape and not rusty I'd worry more about Thomas, that said the game in 2 weeks isn't what matters the most, if they play in the playoffs the Eagles will have to devote their coverage to Thomas and a safety in the box to try and stop Kamara/Ingrahm....give me Dez all day one on one vs any eagles corner, especially with a QB like Brees who can put it anywhere he wants and a coach like Sean Payton who will use scheme (see rub routes motion) to get Dez a little separation....

I just hope Dez is ready to go on the 29th when they play dallas.......I hope he does to them what he did to the Eagles in 2014...walked out to mid field, called out your secondary, then roasted them.... 

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

well yeah... I mean even if Dez was in shape and not rusty I'd worry more about Thomas, that said the game in 2 weeks isn't what matters the most, if they play in the playoffs the Eagles will have to devote their coverage to Thomas and a safety in the box to try and stop Kamara/Ingrahm....give me Dez all day one on one vs any eagles corner, especially with a QB like Brees who can put it anywhere he wants and a coach like Sean Payton who will use scheme (see rub routes motion) to get Dez a little separation....

I just hope Dez is ready to go on the 29th when they play dallas.......I hope he does to them what he did to the Eagles in 2014...walked out to mid field, called out your secondary, then roasted them...

Not sure why, but I hope that happens too. 

12 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

I have Michael Thomas and he's been balling out. I'm hoping Dez doesn't slow that down too much.

Same. Thomas and B. Cooks. I have no wr depth though. Theres only 1 backup we and I just dropped djacc for dez.