Sign in to follow this  
AlpineEagle

Week 11: Packers @ Seahawks

16 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I can't stand Pete Caroll.

He seems to just run up and down the sidelines, while chewing and chewing and chewing gum.

Aaron Jones and Alvin Kamara are proof enough that a premium pick doesn’t need to be used to find a good all-purpose back. 

How’d we whiff so f’ing bad on Smallwood and Pumphrey ??

3 minutes ago, GoBirds2015 said:

Aaron Jones and Alvin Kamara are proof enough that a premium pick doesn’t need to be used to find a good all-purpose back. 

How’d we whiff so f’ing bad on Smallwood and Pumphrey ??

Scouting and coaching staff are on the hook for that. I'd like to know what Roseman's input was regarding those players.

Is it just me or have announcing crews gotten lazy? Buck, especially. They don't really 'call' games anymore. The networks ought to make some wholesale changes to their crews. They won't, but they should.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is it just me or have announcing crews gotten lazy? Buck, especially. They don't really 'call' games anymore. The networks ought to make some wholesale changes to their crews. They won't, but they should.

Case in point...

The previous play is going on and what's Buck's call?

7:35 on the clock, the ball is snapped, Wilson drops back. Total silence from the booth while the play is going on. Then at 7:31, Buck finally opens his mouth. His call..

"Fackrell  …   there again!" 

I guess it's a good thing that I'm not blind and depend on the announcing crew to actually describe the plays.

These announcers in general are just pathetic. (Buck in this case)

They cried all year that their precious non-catches were called incompletions so the rule was changed.

25 years from now, people watching replays of Foles throwing TDs to Ertz and Clement in the Super Bowl are going to have to hear lame Michaels and Collins-worthless crying about Jesse James. Then they will have to look up who the hell Jesse James was.

• The Wild West outlaw? No
  • The motorcycle guy? No
  • Eric Decker's wife? No
  • The idiot who slammed the ball into the end zone on the way down instead of catching it vs the Patriots in 2017?  That's the guy!

Now obvious catches under the current rule are being picked apart and the announcers are sad about that.

perfect way to run that route. Cruise control until the last second, then a burst and a catch. Amazing catch with that DB hanging on his arm.

The way Wilson was throwing deep on that drive I don't think it would have mattered if that one catch was complete or not

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

The way Wilson was throwing deep on that drive I don't think it would have mattered if that one catch was complete or not

Joe Buck was clearly salty that it was a catch.