Jason1978

Browns want to interview Condoleezza Rice for HC job

Schefter just reported this minutes ago. This is why they are the worst team in professional sports 

Browns general manager John Dorsey said last week that he was opening to hiring a woman as Cleveland's next head coach, and there is one prominent name on the team's wish list to interview.

The Browns would like to interview former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for their head coaching job, a league source tells ESPN.

If the Browns follow through on their plans, Rice would become the first woman ever to interview for an NFL head coaching job.

Rice is a lifelong Browns fan, a love she got from watching Cleveland's games with her father John at their home in Birmingham, Alabama. Rice even has been featured in NFL ads, wearing Browns jerseys, and there has been speculation that she even could be commissioner of the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25310452/cleveland-browns-want-interview-condoleezza-rice-head-coaching-job

.............................................................................................

I thought immediately "this has to be from deadspin". Then I googled it and found it on the Adam Schefter verified account.

...If this is true they are the worst team in all of sports. Even if the idea goes successfully, of which I've seen stranger things, and somehow helps the franchise...even if they win a Super Bowl...this was one of the worst ideas on paper I've seen in the history of sports.

Holy. Fing. Sh#*.

This is so ridiculous. I would say the same thing if they were interviewing say Adam Schefter to be head coach. Just knowing about football is different than having coached.

BTW, if this is the Brown's only minority interview and gets them covered by the Rooney rule it is a mockery of all the minority assistant coaches in the league.

She's going to hire George Bush as her offensive coordinator.  It's too bad that General Schwartzkopf passed away because she might consider him for defensive coordinator.

LOL if anything I thought she'd only have interest in a GM or President role.

But the Browns figure that they tried everything so why not.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sorry what now? This has to be a joke right? 

Yeah they're called the Cleveland browns. I mean they've tried everything else and it's failed so why not ? 

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

I feel terrible for Baker Mayfield...

I'm surprised we haven't had more QBs to refuse to play for them. I'm guessing they think it's too disrespectful 

Does she have any football coaching experience? I'll even accept playing Techmo Bowl once in the 80s

22 minutes ago, paco said:

Does she have any football coaching experience? I'll even accept playing Techmo Bowl once in the 80s

About the same amount as all of the TATE head coaches.

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

About the same amount as all of the TATE head coaches.

Sorry for my late reply. I was watching film on YouTube 

24 minutes ago, paco said:

Sorry for my late reply. I was watching film on YouTube 

That qualifies you to coach the Browns! Submit your resume!

This is gonna open up a whole other can of worms. Now every team will have to interview at least one woman that like football

On 11/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, CaliEagle said:

She's going to hire George Bush as her offensive coordinator.  It's too bad that General Schwartzkopf passed away because she might consider him for defensive coordinator.

Nah schwartzkopf is an offensive kinda guy. Hire bill Clinton. "I did not let that team into the end zone."