Sign in to follow this  
slotr1

Alex Smith video

I just hope it isn't career threatening... but by the looks of it I just hope he can walk normal....

5 minutes ago, stang8118 said:

I just hope it isn't career threatening... but by the looks of it I just hope he can walk normal....

Medical has advanced since Theismanns injury but not sure

5 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Heard it’s on the exact day as Theismann’s injury 33 years ago. Crazy if true.

It's true.

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

On top of being the same day as Joe, the score is the same too...23-21, although the skins won that game...

Was joe playing the Texans too?

:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

No Joe was playing the Giants. Lawrence Taylor did it.

On MNF, back when MNF was good. Me and my family were watching that game (my brothers and father were Redskins fans).

That play is why I don't watch injury replays anymore.

6 hours ago, pencil face said:

On top of being the same day as Joe, the score is the same too...23-21, although the skins won that game...

4 hours ago, lorddevn said:

No way . . . they didn't even exist yet.

9 hours ago, mike030270 said:

They say that when bones heal or "knit",  they're actually stronger than before.

But the Tibia & Fibula are one of the most stressed areas of the skeleton hence, this injury.

From online source re: bone healing:

Fractures that take an abnormally long time to heal, or those that do not join back together at all, occur at a rate of around 10 percent.

Non-healing fractures are particularly problematic in areas that carry a lot of load, such as the shinbone. An operation to fix the gap that will not heal is often necessary in such cases.

Orthopedic surgeons can use either bone from elsewhere in the body, bone taken from a donor, or man-made materials such as 3-D-printed bone to fill the hole.

But in the majority of cases, bone makes use of its remarkable ability to regenerate. This means that the new bone that fills the fracture closely resembles the bone before the injury, without a trace of a scar.

But I'd be shocked if he ever played another down. Why risk it?

5 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Actually, Harry Carson got there first but lost him.

That was when LT jumped and the rest is history.

Exactly 33 years after Theismann. And the same final score, 23-21. Eerie.

15 hours ago, lorddevn said:

15 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Lawrence Taylor was named NFL Defensive Player of the Year 3x. JJ Watt was also named NFL Defensive Player of the Year 3x, and he was involved in the Alex Smith sack.

12 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

That was when LT jumped and the rest is history.

You knew it was bad when he jumped up and quickly called for the Redskins trainers to get out there.

2 hours ago, Boss Hawg said:

When they said Smith had to have immediate surgery after leaving the game, it made me wonder if the bone protruded skin when it snapped.

Actually, it was both bones the Tibia and the Fibula. If you watch the un-edited video you see him

try to raise his right leg after the injury and the foot is flapping in the breeze.   EECCHH.    :facepalm:

Reminds me of the Tim Krumrie injury from Super Bowl  XXIII.  9ers RB Roger Craig was charging forward

and somehow DL Krumrie's left leg was thrust into Craig's left knee as it came forward breaking it in two.

It is likely the ugliest Super Bowl injury ever.

Addendum: Krumrie came back from his injury and played his position of nose tackle until 1994!

Krumrie is perhaps remembered most for the severely broken leg he suffered during Super Bowl XXIII where the Bengals played the San Francisco 49ers. The injury was severe enough that an inflatable splint had to be brought out onto the field to stabilize the leg and Krumrie was diagnosed with a broken tibia and fibula. Despite his injury, Krumrie refused to go to the hospital, insisting on staying in the locker room and watching the game on television, only leaving when the paramedics told him he might go into shock. After a 15-inch steel rod was surgically implanted to stabilize the leg, Krumrie was ready by the start of the 1989 regular season.[10][11]

Krumrie played six more years. He led the team with 97 tackles in 1992.

Krumrie concluded his playing career following the 1994 season after compiling 1,017 tackles (700 solo), 34.5 sacks (-238.0 yards), 13 fumble recoveries, 11 forced fumbles and 10 passes defensed.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, mike030270 said:

Yeah, but the premiums are much higher.

3 hours ago, Boss Hawg said:

When they said Smith had to have immediate surgery after leaving the game, it made me wonder if the bone protruded skin when it snapped.

No matter what, that always looks very painful.....hope he's doing alright and back on the field soon.