AlpineEagle

Week 11: Chiefs @ Rams

Recommended Posts

Another thing that I've never liked is after a questionable play, the offense going hurry up so that it can't be reviewed. The booth should have the ability to hold play while replays are made available, or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Another thing that I've never liked is after a questionable play, the offense going hurry up so that it can't be reviewed. The booth should have the ability to hold play while replays are made available, or something like that.

I kinda like that. Force the other coach to quickly decide if it is worth using a challenge. 

I don’t want them constantly stopping the game to give coaches more time to think about challenging. Also, would screw teams that want to go tempo. We would boo the crap out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very late observation, but one thing the announcers said earlier in the game was that the Rams gave three 1st round picks on the D line and how that’s a rare sight. The Eagles could have that, with Graham, Cox, Long, (if healthy, Barnett).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I kinda like that. Force the other coach to quickly decide if it is worth using a challenge. 

I don’t want them constantly stopping the game to give coaches more time to think about challenging. Also, would screw teams that want to go tempo. We would boo the crap out of it. 

I'm on opposing side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

This is like a Madden game come to life. 

 

Just now, PoconoDon said:

This has been a video game.

I'm watching Madden Night Football...LOL.

Hey. Get your own observations!!! Because I am totally the first person to make that comparison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowly warming up to the commentators. Witten seems like he's coming into his own. Tessitore is light years better than Sean McDonough. And Booger is simply ignored still, but he might contribute an insightful line or two per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RPeeteRules said:

Very late observation, but one thing the announcers said earlier in the game was that the Rams gave three 1st round picks on the D line and how that’s a rare sight. The Eagles could have that, with Graham, Cox, Long, (if healthy, Barnett).

Honestly, the only one worth mentioning is Donald. Suh is overrated. Brockers is OK, but not spectacular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I kinda like that. Force the other coach to quickly decide if it is worth using a challenge. 

I don’t want them constantly stopping the game to give coaches more time to think about challenging. Also, would screw teams that want to go tempo. We would boo the crap out of it. 

You like having an incomplete pass, which is 100% clearly incomplete, stand as complete simply because the offense was able to snap the ball before replays could be seen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Very late observation, but one thing the announcers said earlier in the game was that the Rams gave three 1st round picks on the D line and how that’s a rare sight. The Eagles could have that, with Graham, Cox, Long, (if healthy, Barnett).

Last year when they moved Graham inside, they had 4. Barnett, Cox, Graham and Long. Pretty sure they were the 4 on the field when Graham strip sacked Brady. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warner was just asked if he’d ever been in a game like this. He said there may have never been a game like this.

 

His last playoff win was 51-46 in OT over Rodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You like having an incomplete pass, which is 100% clearly incomplete, stand as complete simply because the offense was able to snap the ball before replays could be seen?

Better than them stopping play and holding the offense for 2 minutes after every close call. 

They do that in college, and it is infuriating. Coaches have 2 challenges - strategy is involved in when you use them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vikas83 said:

Better than them stopping play and holding the offense for 2 minutes after every close call. 

They do that in college, and it is infuriating. Coaches have 2 challenges - strategy is involved in when you use them. 

It's better to have clear mistakes decide the game (potentially) than add a few minutes to the game? Are you a millennial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's better to have clear mistakes decide the game (potentially) than add a few minutes to the game? Are you a millennial?

No. I am someone who likes the games to stay the way they are and enjoys the strategy elemnet. Pretty sure the millenials are the ones trying to change everything to make it all "fair” because they can’t deal with anything that doesn’t go their way. 

So, yeah, seems you are the millennial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, westcoast_cj said:

Was that Greg Lewis?

yeah its funny cause i didnt know until adam caplan mentioned him getting fired in 2016 then going to the chiefs. that was the big offseason move in the terms of coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait a damn minute. Andy has all his timeouts, and his opponent burned them all?

Is this real life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vikas83 said:

No. I am someone who likes the games to stay the way they are and enjoys the strategy elemnet. Pretty sure the millenials are the ones trying to change everything to make it all "fair” because they can’t deal with anything that doesn’t go their way. 

So, yeah, seems you are the millennial. 

Wow... someone who wants clear mistakes to determine the outcome of a game because he doesn't want a couple of minutes added to the game...

wow... Just wow...

Whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Wait a damn minute. Andy has all his timeouts, and his opponent burned them all?

Is this real life?

dont worry he left enough time for the rams to come back and score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now