PhillyFan4Life9

Anyone else get sad watching the Saints,Chiefs, Rams

15 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Its not a wentz discussion. Its a discussion about the promising young qbs of last years draft. 

So why is it you can't mention anything about the oline of each team? 

I don't get sad watching those teams. We were one of those teams last year. I expected nothing this year. I would have liked to have made the playoffs, but it's all good. 

6 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Partly because he said the Rams line was all scrubs and part of the reason Foles failed, even though some of those same guys are balling now.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah the league is an offensive league and our offense is majorly underperforming. And yeah I guess it is a little bit sad that we are having such struggles when other teams are flying but I guess the same was said of other teams last year when we were flying. That's life in the NFL I guess? 

I'm just waiting for Mahomes to hit that rookie slump. I can't bear to think he's going to shatter all records in his rookie season and the narrative will be he's going to be the best QB in the league for the next decade. We need Wentz to step up and close that gap. 

Mahomes isn't a rookie.

27 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Its not a wentz discussion. Its a discussion about the promising young qbs of last years draft. 

Saints, first team in the thread title, they have a 40 year old QB.  So twisted in lies can’t even keep them all straight.  I am surprised you don’t get confused about which account you are posting from.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Saints, first team in the thread title, they have a 40 year old QB.  So twisted in lies can’t even keep them all straight.  I am surprised you don’t get confused about which account you are posting from.

He’s talking about bridgwater :roll:

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well he is losing track of how many threads he high Jack's. 

7 hours ago, wayne said:

I think the answer is to add speed everywhere. You look at the Rams and Chiefs, they're skill players could be track stars. The reality of the league now is that fast players have all of the advantage because the defense isn't allowed to cover or hit them anymore. 

Exactly.  I've been saying this for years.  The NFL wants games like Monday night.  It has become arena football.  

Do I like that?  No.  I wish an 8 yard run from a physical back was still a big play.  I wish an elite DL could still win games and stifle an offense.  I wish a big, imposing WR was still a relatively efficient way to move the football.

But none of those things are true.  The Eagles are SLOW on offense...and guys with track speed running free are the way to light up the scoreboard to the tune of 50+ points.  And that's how you win in this league.  Even the best DB's in the NFL are helpless against this, so I'm not so sure that DB is actually even much of a need in the offseason.  But explosive offensive weapons?  We need that in multiples.

Mahomes, Goff, and Brees are so successful because of the weapons they have on offense. I feel like the Eagles aren't that far away...

Remember Wentz is still less than a year from ACL surgery. Yet he's elusive in the pocket and hitting throws, but he's not running all over the field like he used to. Wait until they can take the reins off and he can go 100%.

I'm not sad at all. We're having an off year. Too many injuries, age sneaking up on guys, and a Super Bowl hangover. 

We have an MVP-caliber QB, a very good head coach, one of the better front offices, and a lot of good years in front of us. 

I just wish the fan base weren't such babies. That's the team's biggest problem, long-term. 

I'm hating the way a lot of the NFL is structured under Goodell. It's catering to the ADHD video game generation who can't sit still or  appreciate complex in-game strategy. There was a time---from the 80s until the early part of the century---when watching football was like watching a really good chess match. No more. It's sling the ball for 50 yards in a catch-and-pitch style game.

SB 53 was a forerunner of how the league wants the game played with nearly 1000 yards in passing, and teams like the Rams, KC and Saints are the new normal.

DCs like Schwartz are becoming dinosaurs because they're trying to stop these teams using talent, schemes and skillsets from another football era.

Also, the Dream Team concept has come back rearing its ugly head. Rams and KC are proof. Stock your team with all pros at nearly every position then destroy other teams. With the CBA and the increasing cap money, players are no longer loyal except for a season or two when they can cash in big.

Teams will likely have to build for immediate playoff success, then struggle for years because of the contracts and the necessary rebuilds that follow because they get all their talent poached.

That is what's happening to us.  

It's a great way to keep parity in the league but it sucks for the team you follow. It took the Saints 6 or 7 years to get back to serious playoff contention after their last superbowl, and it will take us a few years too.

We need to address our offensive line.  Ideally, it would be great if we drafted a top talent tackle with guard versatility.  Address the OL and add a quality RB, then the offense will be better. But, also I think they need to look at the OC.  I'm not a believer in Groh.

9 minutes ago, madriver said:

I'm hating the way a lot of the NFL is structured under Goodell. It's catering to the ADHD video game generation who can't sit still or  appreciate complex in-game strategy. There was a time---from the 80s until the early part of the century---when watching football was like watching a really good chess match. No more. It's sling the ball for 50 yards in a catch-and-pitch style game.

SB 53 was a forerunner of how the league wants the game played with nearly 1000 yards in passing, and teams like the Rams, KC and Saints are the new normal.

DCs like Schwartz are becoming dinosaurs because they're trying to stop these teams using talent, schemes and skillsets from another football era.

Also, the Dream Team concept has come back rearing its ugly head. Rams and KC are proof. Stock your team with all pros at nearly every position then destroy other teams. With the CBA and the increasing cap money, players are no longer loyal except for a season or two when they can cash in big.

Teams will likely have to build for immediate playoff success, then struggle for years because of the contracts and the necessary rebuilds that follow because they get all their talent poached.

It's a great way to keep parity in the league but it sucks for the team you follow. It took the Saints 6 or 7 years to get back to serious playoff contention after their last superbowl, and it will take us a few years too.

the no D, no hard hits league is a far inferior product, I think it's supposed to appeal to soccer fans overseas.

KC had this one play where they faked two reverses in opposite directions and then threw a screen pass to Hunt for a TD.  Awesome.  You say to yourself, can we do that?  Why don't we just take their play?

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

We need to address our offensive line.  Ideally, it would be great if we drafted a top talent tackle with guard versatility.  Address the OL and add a quality RB, then the offense will be better. But, also I think they need to look at the OC.  I'm not a believer in Groh.

Is anybody actually a believer in Groh, outside of Doug?

14 minutes ago, madriver said:

What's really changed the game is that the former players are suing the league, so the league has to protect itself by taking the hitting out of the game. That favors the defense. You can't hit the QB, you can't hit the receivers. Now you even have to watch be careful not to lower your helmet to tackle a runner. Maybe the hitting era is just over. Unless they decide to allow more contact between defenders and receivers, this is how the league will be from now on.

I think they should seriously look into getting rid of all the pads and helmets. Players would protect themselves and still hit. But I've heard even rugby guys are having the same problem, so I don't know if that would work. And of course the helmets are so marketable, I don't know if the NFL would go for that even if it would make the game safer. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

What about them? What does that have to do with howie being wrong about no talented qbs coming out?

4 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

What about them? What does that have to do with howie being wrong about no talented qbs coming out?

Wait, what? Are you saying he should've seen that Mahomes was going to be good too, and drafted him the following year? 

What kind of foresight do you think human beings have? 

We have a great, great, MVP-caliber franchise QB. Nobody in history would look much better than he has with the situation he's had this year. This is reality, not Christmas at the Hamptons. You can't just have whatever you want in the NFL. 

The defenses in the rams/chiefs game scored 3 td’s combined and the rams d had 2 crucial int’s In the last 3 minutes of the game to seal it 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Chiefs and Saints are drafting guys like Kamara and Hunt while we are drafting Pumphrey and Smallwood. It sucks!

That right there is part of the reason we are having this season. 2 drafts loaded with good to great backs and we come away with those 2 chumps. 

4 hours ago, miami said:

KC had this one play where they faked two reverses in opposite directions and then threw a screen pass to Hunt for a TD.  Awesome.  You say to yourself, can we do that?  Why don't we just take their play?

Somehow well screw it up. Its just that kind of a year.