PhillyFan4Life9

Anyone else get sad watching the Saints,Chiefs, Rams

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That right there is part of the reason we are having this season. 2 drafts loaded with good to great backs and we come away with those 2 chumps. 

Look at our drafts up and down since the Roseman and Douglas combo. Tell me where the no doubt studs are.

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Look at our drafts up and down since the Roseman and Douglas combo. Tell me where the no doubt studs are.

This kind of feels like the old Reid drafts where they are just drafting guys cause they play hard. That is great for like maybe depth or a solid starter but, it won't get you stars or elite talent. Other then Sidney Jones who I'm giving a pass on because it's basically his rookie year and they moved him from inside to outside and the secondary is just a mess. Goedert I think can be phenomenal but, not something I really think we needed. The rest of the picks? Projects and guys that played hard in college. No one with some elite attribute that just needed to be coached up or someone with ridiculous measurables that needed time. 

I like Barnett and I think he was a good pick and will be good but, another guy that just had a good motor and played hard nothing that would eventually make him elite. 

3 hours ago, BCEagle said:

I get sad watching. They have great teams and all we have is this lousy Lombardi Trophy.

Not sure about the chiefs but the saints and rams also have sb trophies.

11 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Not at all. None of them will win the super bowl. 

Ok you got me :rolleyes: 

Who ?

49 minutes ago, st0nedsk8er said:

Ok you got me :rolleyes: 

Who ?

I’d take pats steelers and chargers over Reid’s chiefs and anyone in the nfc. 

Rams haven’t shown me they aren’t beatable. Maybe the saints are good enough to win but I’m not sold on them either. 

Nah, I definitely don't get "sad" watching them. 

I don't care much about the Rams either way. 

It's nice to see Brees have success this late in his career and if he makes it to another Super Bowl and wins it, he could be in the conversation of GOAT with Brady and the rest...so pretty cool times we live in.

As far as the Chiefs go, I'm a pretty big Andy Reid fan so I enjoy watching them have success.  Mahomes and that crew are probably the most exciting offense in the league to watch, especially in a down year for the Eagles.

3 hours ago, eagles_crazy said:

Not sure about the chiefs but the saints and rams also have sb trophies.

This past year? I didn't realize that there was more than one SB champion this year. Thanks for the info, guy!!!

32 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

This past year? I didn't realize that there was more than one SB champion this year. Thanks for the info, guy!!!

So NE fans were ok with losing the SB to the eagles bc they won the SB the year before?

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah the league is an offensive league and our offense is majorly underperforming. And yeah I guess it is a little bit sad that we are having such struggles when other teams are flying but I guess the same was said of other teams last year when we were flying. That's life in the NFL I guess? 

I'm just waiting for Mahomes to hit that rookie slump. I can't bear to think he's going to shatter all records in his rookie season and the narrative will be he's going to be the best QB in the league for the next decade. We need Wentz to step up and close that gap. 

you forget who his coach is...  Big Red will find ways to choke...

20 hours ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

They're exactly what we use to be but have way more talent on the offensive ball. People want to complain about our defense and corners but the rams + chiefs both just allowed 50+ points and made the game close. The NFL is an offensive league now and we're falling behind due to incompetence

I agree with you it’s an offensive league now and we have to focus on the next draft rebuilding the oline we also got to get younger and faster on both sides of the ball

1 hour ago, eagles_crazy said:

So NE fans were ok with losing the SB to the eagles bc they won the SB the year before?

You seem confused by words, logic, and possibly even your socks on a bad day, so let me translate what I wrote using only monosyllabic words so that you understand:

me glad birds won bowl this year so me not sad

pats did not win bowl this year so me glad

rams did not win bowl this year so me glad

saints did not win bowl this year so me glad

birds won bowl this year so me glad

me say me sad but tongue in cheek -- me glad

next year me might be sad but not this year

13 hours ago, wyote said:

Wait, what? Are you saying he should've seen that Mahomes was going to be good too, and drafted him the following year? 

What kind of foresight do you think human beings have? 

We have a great, great, MVP-caliber franchise QB. Nobody in history would look much better than he has with the situation he's had this year. This is reality, not Christmas at the Hamptons. You can't just have whatever you want in the NFL. 

Umm first of all howie opened himself up as a palm reader and poor evaluator. Stupid comment to make but ballsy at the same time. Second pump your wentz breaks. You cant keep dwelling on last year and assuming hes the future mvp. That would be as silly as me claiming foles would turn the current eagles into superbowl champs based on what he did last year. Point is he deserves the chance. Carson isnt doing it in the NOW

8 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Point is he deserves the chance.

Point is he isn’t going to get it.  No team will sign him to be their starter next year.

14 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Exactly.  I've been saying this for years.  The NFL wants games like Monday night.  It has become arena football.  

Do I like that?  No.  I wish an 8 yard run from a physical back was still a big play.  I wish an elite DL could still win games and stifle an offense.  I wish a big, imposing WR was still a relatively efficient way to move the football.

But none of those things are true.  The Eagles are SLOW on offense...and guys with track speed running free are the way to light up the scoreboard to the tune of 50+ points.  And that's how you win in this league.  Even the best DB's in the NFL are helpless against this, so I'm not so sure that DB is actually even much of a need in the offseason.  But explosive offensive weapons?  We need that in multiples.

A local radio show host in my area was saying today that any team who has a defensive minded coach (he did exclude Belechick and Tomlin because they've evolved) is basically a dinosaur at this point. 

I see a lot of people begging for us to go out and get DB's. I say who cares, let the secondary rot at this point, there more or less scarecrows out there anyway these days.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Point is he isn’t going to get it.  No team will sign him to be their starter next year.

Next year? Sure they will. Im talking about now. Hes better than wentz. By alot. Thats whats funny. The argument has gotten so silly. 

4 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Next year? Sure they will. Im talking about now. Hes better than wentz. By alot. Thats whats funny. The argument has gotten so silly. 

Yes, your arguments have gotten so silly that threads are getting dumped in R&R at an epic rate.  

26 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Umm first of all howie opened himself up as a palm reader and poor evaluator. Stupid comment to make but ballsy at the same time. Second pump your wentz breaks. You cant keep dwelling on last year and assuming hes the future mvp. That would be as silly as me claiming foles would turn the current eagles into superbowl champs based on what he did last year. Point is he deserves the chance. Carson isnt doing it in the NOW

Wait a minute. You're arguing for Wentz to be benched for Foles? 

LOFL. Come on, troll. 

Been noticing a lot of excuses made for Carson as to why Mahomes looks better due to the talent, but I cant help but wonder when the Eagles had a better talent at receiver then they do right now.