PhillyFan4Life9

Anyone else get sad watching the Saints,Chiefs, Rams

20 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Not at all. None of them will win the super bowl. 

Amen, Andy gonna Andy, Clock manage not gonna manage, Superbowl not gonna happen, Haters gonna Hate....................

The almost coach: Andy Reid...

On 11/20/2018 at 2:27 AM, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

Our offense is so far behind its not even funny. We Fed up big time not drafting mixon and drafting projects like pumphrey. We have no RB to take the pressure off of Wentz or atleast pass block. No WR to take the top off the secondary/keep defenses honest. I just want this season to end already

Agreed and I said as much. I am also pulling for the Eagles to draft a guy with a somewhat similar type of problematic background, but the player is a defensive guy.

I'm not condoning the abuse of females, but I also think that second chances should be given. And if a player is talented enough, don't overlook him.

The Eagles often suffer paralysis by analysis. 

2 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Agreed and I said as much. I am also pulling for the Eagles to draft a guy with a somewhat similar type of problematic background, but the player is a defensive guy.

I'm not condoning the abuse of females, but I also think that second chances should be given. And if a player is talented enough, don't overlook him.

The Eagles often suffer paralysis by analysis. 

Knowing that some of the guys you are drafting are not exactly boy scouts is one thing.   You can still root for them, because they haven't been proven to be scumbags.

Drafting a proven scumbag is another thing.   You know he is a scumbag and it makes it very hard to root for him.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:07 AM, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

They're exactly what we use to be but have way more talent on the offensive ball. People want to complain about our defense and corners but the rams + chiefs both just allowed 50+ points and made the game close. The NFL is an offensive league now and we're falling behind due to incompetence

None of those teams has won a Super Bowl, or for that matter, appeared in a conference championship game, since 2009.  If/when one of them wins a Super Bowl this season, then I'll be disappointed.

10 hours ago, BCEagle said:

You seem confused by words, logic, and possibly even your socks on a bad day, so let me translate what I wrote using only monosyllabic words so that you understand:

me glad birds won bowl this year so me not sad

pats did not win bowl this year so me glad

rams did not win bowl this year so me glad

saints did not win bowl this year so me glad

birds won bowl this year so me glad

me say me sad but tongue in cheek -- me glad

next year me might be sad but not this year

In other words the eagles won a SB last year, so your fine with mediocrity this year.

Thanks i got it. 

I am kind of sad.  It is certainly not enjoyable watching the games this year like last.  I was at the Chicago game and you knew 5 minutes in that the Eagles were by far, a better team and destined to go into the playoffs.  Plays were executed on offense. The defense had a nose for the ball and were disruptive.  Most of those players are back.  Yes, some hurting, but c'mon guys... let's see some fire and desire to win.

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Been noticing a lot of excuses made for Carson as to why Mahomes looks better due to the talent, but I cant help but wonder when the Eagles had a better talent at receiver then they do right now. 

That's all you will notice at all around here... Excuses for carson. You know how many qbs would kill for jeffrey, tate, aggy, ertz & goedert? They have to be utilized correctly by their OC/HC/QB. Look at jeffrey's playoff run and the type of passes foles was giving him a chance to make a play on. I went back and watched foles highlights from his playoff run and one thing I really noticed was that he did not give A F***(in a good way). He was throwing it up(accurately ofc) and giving his playmakers a chance to make plays. & he did it under pressure multiple times. Those tds to alshon and clement in the superbowl was just him trusting in his guys to make plays and delivering a dime. I'm not saying Foles should start. I need wentz to be more accurate/poised/decisive (we all know he can) and give his guys a chance when its there(they are there every week just based off catch radius alone). Jeffrey/ertz/goedert should be goin up over guys every week and everytime a blitz comes carson needs to be getting the ball to Tate & aggy so we can make them pay. Tired of the excuses. This O needs to perform

12 minutes ago, kdub1510 said:

That's all you will notice at all around here... Excuses for carson. You know how many qbs would kill for jeffrey, tate, aggy, ertz & goedert. They have to be utilized correctly by their OC/HC/QB. Look at jeffrey's playoff run and the type of passes foles was giving him a chance to make a play on. I went back and watched foles highlights from his playoff run and one thing I really noticed was that he did not give A F***(in a good way). He was throwing it up(accurately ofc) and giving his playmakers a chance to make plays. & he did it under pressure multiple times. Those tds to alshon and clement in the superbowl was just him trusting in his guys to make plays and delivering a dime. I'm not saying Foles should start. I need wentz to be more accurate/poised/decisive (we all know he can) and give his guys a chance when its there(they are there every week just based off catch radius alone). Jeffrey/ertz/goedert should be goin up over guys every week and everytime a blitz comes carson needs to be getting the ball to Tate & aggy so we can make them pay. Tired of the excuses. This O needs to perform

exactly, i mean there's no reason for this offensive to be this bad with this type of talent on offense, no excuses, wentz has to do better, i dont want him benched, i want him to prove he's the elite qb if not, no extension and earn his start next year.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

Anyone else get sad watching the Chiefs, Rams

Yes, I am very sad after watching it.  For all this BS about having to score 30, 40, 50 points, you are all missing the glaring problem.

Even though the scoreboard almost melted during the 3rd highest scoring game in NFL history, both teams did what the Eagles could not against Carolina.

If you go back into the 3rd quarter, taking away the kneel down at the end, there was 13 possessions and 9 of them ended without the defense surrendering any points

Let me bold this and speak slowly

9 of the last 13 second half possessions, the defense did not give up any points. 

We could not get one stop against Carolina in the 4th quarter, and in a 100+ point game both defenses made multiple stops.

Don't believe me, look at it, 9 of 13 times the defense got a stop.

image.png.082cc4f42c41bc64ea6a17f7d82ac262.png

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

exactly, i mean there's no reason for this offensive to be this bad with this type of talent on offense, no excuses, wentz has to do better, i dont want him benched, i want him to prove he's the elite qb if not, no extension and earn his start next year.

I'm sure we will get grilled with the oline excuse at some point but I dont want to hear it. He's suppose to be poise, intelligent, cerebral, accurate etc. all that jazz about him being able to read a defense(multiple eagles fans loved to point out that Dak and goff cant) and adjust to make them pay. Where is it? Where are the quick passes to negate the blitz? Wheres the blitz recognition? He's never been accurate with the deep ball so that hurts a little. It's not just the line or the coaches. Wentz footwork/accuracy/poise/decision making has been spotty even when he's had a clean pocket at times. He's the most important player on the field and we've been in every game so he has to get a good amount of blame in this record. I reckon he alone could have us at atleast 6 wins had he played better down the stretch of a few games.

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, I am very sad after watching it.  For all this BS about having to score 30, 40, 50 points, you are all missing the glaring problem.

Even though the scoreboard almost melted during the 3rd highest scoring game in NFL history, both teams did what the Eagles could not against Carolina.

If you go back into the 3rd quarter, taking away the kneel down at the end, there was 13 possessions and 9 of them ended without the defense surrendering any points

Let me bold this and speak slowly

9 of the last 13 second half possessions, the defense did not give up any points. 

We could not get one stop against Carolina in the 4th quarter, and in a 100+ point game both defenses made multiple stops.

Don't believe me, look at it, 9 of 13 times the defense got a stop.

image.png.082cc4f42c41bc64ea6a17f7d82ac262.png

I believe our defense being poor is more of a scheme/injury thing that can be fixed. On the other hand, our offense is seriously lacking in multiple areas: offensive line, running back, and a deep threat.

1 hour ago, kdub1510 said:

That's all you will notice at all around here... Excuses for carson. You know how many qbs would kill for jeffrey, tate, aggy, ertz & goedert. They have to be utilized correctly by their OC/HC/QB. Look at jeffrey's playoff run and the type of passes foles was giving him a chance to make a play on. I went back and watched foles highlights from his playoff run and one thing I really noticed was that he did not give A F***(in a good way). He was throwing it up(accurately ofc) and giving his playmakers a chance to make plays. & he did it under pressure multiple times. Those tds to alshon and clement in the superbowl was just him trusting in his guys to make plays and delivering a dime. I'm not saying Foles should start. I need wentz to be more accurate/poised/decisive (we all know he can) and give his guys a chance when its there(they are there every week just based off catch radius alone). Jeffrey/ertz/goedert should be goin up over guys every week and everytime a blitz comes carson needs to be getting the ball to Tate & aggy so we can make them pay. Tired of the excuses. This O needs to perform

Can't deny your assessment. With all of the weapons (even with the injuries) this team should be scoring much more than they do. It's not all on Carson as you mentioned, but he doesn't get a pass either. He needs to play much better than he has.

39 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Can't deny your assessment. With all of the weapons (even with the injuries) this team should be scoring much more than they do. It's not all on Carson as you mentioned, but he doesn't get a pass either. He needs to play much better than he has.

I don't think most of  us have a problem calling out Wentz at all. I'm a huge Wentz Homer and he even has me a little concerned and frustrated with him. I had no problem saying last year that there is things Foles does better and can get us some wins in the playoffs. There is 2 or 3 people in here that just flat out want Wentz benched or traded those guys are trolls and I hope they go wherever Foles goes next year. They know deep down that Foles might not play well for another team or just be a stop gap for a rookie, so they want him to start here cause this is the only team that can get the best out of him. 

59 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think most of  us have a problem calling out Wentz at all. I'm a huge Wentz Homer and he even has me a little concerned and frustrated with him. I had no problem saying last year that there is things Foles does better and can get us some wins in the playoffs. There is 2 or 3 people in here that just flat out want Wentz benched or traded those guys are trolls and I hope they go wherever Foles goes next year. They know deep down that Foles might not play well for another team or just be a stop gap for a rookie, so they want him to start here cause this is the only team that can get the best out of him. 

I think the majority of people around here have a full grasp of the Wentz/Foles dynamics, but there are some on both sides who think neither player deserves criticism and try to excuse away their flaws. In the end Carson is the future and any true Eagles fan wants to see him do better.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:07 AM, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

They're exactly what we use to be but have way more talent on the offensive ball. People want to complain about our defense and corners but the rams + chiefs both just allowed 50+ points and made the game close. The NFL is an offensive league now and we're falling behind due to incompetence

Not really sad at all. This isn't our season, last year was. The good news is the Eagles can and will retool this team and upgrade where needed. Maybe this year sucks, but that is not going to last. They will be back sooner rather than later. Howie knows how to make changes. Remember when his office was moved across the building? Remember what happened when his office moved back across the building again? He learns, adjusts, finds creative solutions, and he wins. He probably already is writing down and formulating the plan to retool the team. They won't be down for long.

Watching the Chiefs/Rams highlights sickens me, but it doesnt make me feel sad, no.

We are the World Champions. At least one of those three teams will not even make the Super Bowl. Looking good in November means nothing. Not sad at all.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:54 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah they are and he's able to do things physically that few other QBs can do. But I still think long term he'll get found out because of the above the shoulders stuff. 

What evidence is this assumption based on? 

1 hour ago, brainstormsounds said:

What evidence is this assumption based on? 

No actual evidence just my gut feel based on what I saw of him before he was drafted etc. I think athletically he's incredible but let's see what happens when teams start scheming for him properly and throwing confusing looks etc.

15 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I disagree with your assessment. I know deep down foles gives this eagles organization a better chance to win right now and have zero fear foles would fail if he goes to a team like tampa or jacksonville. I do fear foles doing well elsewhere while we are here discussing all the reasons we are a mediocre team and all the things we need for the next 5 years. Its not trolling to think foles gives us the better chance to win. He's proven more here than wentz has and won at a better clip. I could easily say wentz homers are trolls as they keep vouching for a guy who is coming up short saying he is better than a superbowl mvp without the content or merrits to back it up. Dissagreeing with "popular" opinion isnt trolling. Right now i think most feel the saints game was just an isolated incident. We'll see. I feel that since the end of that carolina game wentz has gotten progressively worse and the decend is in full swing. I also feel the wr group (aggy and jeffery) in particular are growing frustrated. After all according to tate they arent good enough now even though they balled out in the superbowl. 

42 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

I disagree with your assessment. I know deep down foles gives this eagles organization a better chance to win right now and have zero fear foles would fail if he goes to a team like tampa or jacksonville. I do fear foles doing well elsewhere while we are here discussing all the reasons we are a mediocre team and all the things we need for the next 5 years. Its not trolling to think foles gives us the better chance to win. He's proven more here than wentz has and won at a better clip. I could easily say wentz homers are trolls as they keep vouching for a guy who is coming up short saying he is better than a superbowl mvp without the content or merrits to back it up. Dissagreeing with "popular" opinion isnt trolling. Right now i think most feel the saints game was just an isolated incident. We'll see. I feel that since the end of that carolina game wentz has gotten progressively worse and the decend is in full swing. I also feel the wr group (aggy and jeffery) in particular are growing frustrated. After all according to tate they arent good enough now even though they balled out in the superbowl. 

We do not win the superbowl without Wentz.

Wentz had better stats than he did during his MVP season

in his second season Wentz would have won MVP IF HE was not injured

8 minutes ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

We do not win the superbowl without Wentz.

Wentz had better stats than he did during his MVP season

in his second season Wentz would have won MVP IF HE was not injured

Stats dont win superbowls. Ask romo. They dont even win playoff games ask stafford. They dont even win games. Ask bradford. We won the superbowl without wentz. Also the nfc championship. Also the divsional round. Also the lone 2 regular season wins we needed to clinch homefield. In other words we won all 5 games that mattered without carson wentz. We also won the gane he left in so really all 6. I see zero evidence we needed wentz to beat the broncos, cardinals, zeekless cowboys, bears, 49ers, giants, redskins, and chargers. 

Seriously we beat the pats, falcons, and vikings without wentz. Where are all these losses in those above teams?

5 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Stats dont win superbowls. Ask romo. They dont even win playoff games ask stafford. They dont even win games. 

Except for all those games Carson Wentz won that gave the Eagles home field advantage through the playoffs.