Mathis Gone

Beating the Birds totally gave the Cowgirls confidence

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The cowpies have beaten 3 teams that are really banged up with major injuries at key postiions.

New Orleans isn't banged up.....and they're playing at peak efficiency......confidence is a powerful thing, but it also can make you believe things that aren't true.  Brees should have a field day with the dallas secondary.  And the dallas offense isn't scaring anybody. 

New Orleans 33, cowpies 21

And because of those reasons all things point to a Saints win... So I think Cowboys do it. Just think it's one of those where I wake up in the morning and oh yeah there it is Cowboys produce a shock and in doing so almost secure the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And because of those reasons all things point to a Saints win... So I think Cowboys do it. Just think it's one of those where I wake up in the morning and oh yeah there it is Cowboys produce a shock and in doing so almost secure the division. 

It's not like Dallas wasn't banged up. 3 starting OL and 3 starting D linemen missed the skins and Falcon games, Sean Lee is out, starting TE is out. So about 7 out of 22 starters missing isn't exactly a healthy team.

That said, the saints are going to curb stomp Dallas.....even if Dallas is mediocre they are never a trap game for anyone. 1/3 of the NFL grew up a Dallas fan, 2/3 hate their guts, so they always get the other team's best effort.

The key to the whole season is how they rebound vs Philly...I think whoever wins that game will win the NFCE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

That said, the saints are going to curb stomp Dallas.....even if Dallas is mediocre they are never a trap game for anyone. 1/3 of the NFL grew up a Dallas fan, 2/3 hate their guts, so they always get the other team's best effort.

Maybe... I just think it's one of those funny games where after people will think Dallas are legit. Just my gut feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe... I just think it's one of those funny games where after people will think Dallas are legit. Just my gut feel. 

hey, I hope you are right...I just don't see it

it's a knee jerk reaction league...no matter how fluky, the Saints come in and have a poor night where every bounce goes against them, or Dallas has a game where they get all the bounces...the saints sleepwalk etc.....if Dallas wins it will be "Dallas is a SB Contender, they are as good as the saints and Rams etc" the media will go nuts...on the other hand, if they get blown out people will act like they may never win another game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 5:29 PM, madriver said:

Saints can be garbage on the road. In the dome they are unbeatable.

Dallas could upset them if they don't hand them points by turning the ball over (like we did).

I honestly think the cowboys win tonight.  Which as an eagles fan would be adding salt to a wound.  Means we probably won't win the division(so no playoff) but win enough games to blow our draft picks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MD Eagles Fan said:

I honestly think the cowboys win tonight.  Which as an eagles fan would be adding salt to a wound.  Means we probably won't win the division(so no playoff) but win enough games to blow our draft picks

 

I've got that same bad gut feeling Dallas wins. This seems like the type of game they pull an upset in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hate to say I told you so but... I told you so! 

you called it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

you called it! 

I just felt it would be one of those days where I'd wake up got work, check the result and be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cowboys kept shooting themselves in the foot all night long or they could've run away with this one. They had the Saints back on their heels the whole game. No running into the kicker, no lining up offsides on a fumble recovery and no stupid fumble by cooper and we blow the Saints doors off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it. 

The Saints and everyone in that division are frauds. No way we should've lost to Carolina or the Bucs, and if we'd had a DC with any balls we could've handled the Saints the way the cowgirls did.

Collapse the pocket and keep Brees dancing. Play press man. Tackle and swarm.

Football 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, madriver said:

I knew it. 

The Saints and everyone in that division are frauds. No way we should've lost to Carolina or the Bucs, and if we'd had a DC with any balls we could've handled the Saints the way the cowgirls did.

Collapse the pocket and keep Brees dancing. Play press man. Tackle and swarm.

Football 101.

While there's no way we should of lost to Carolina or the Bucs, we are outclassed with the Saints. It was the biggest beat-down I've seen against this birds team in an extremely long time. Having a "dc with balls" wouldn't of saved us in that game, everyone stunk all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

While there's no way we should of lost to Carolina or the Bucs, we are outclassed with the Saints. It was the biggest beat-down I've seen against this birds team in an extremely long time. Having a "dc with balls" wouldn't of saved us in that game, everyone stunk all around.

Rushing 3 and playing zone is just giving up against Brees. We didn't even try.

Rod Marinelli called a brilliant game, face it.

He went after Brees, that team's strength, with his 24th ranked defense and never blinked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madriver said:

Rushing 3 and playing zone is just giving up against Brees. We didn't even try.

Rod Marinelli called a brilliant game, face it.

He went after Brees, that team's strength, with his 24th ranked defense and never blinked.

24th ranked defense? I think Dalllas like 3rd in points and top 10 in yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madriver said:

Rushing 3 and playing zone is just giving up against Brees. We didn't even try.

Rod Marinelli called a brilliant game, face it.

He went after Brees, that team's strength, with his 24th ranked defense and never blinked.

Dallas has a top defense, we are absolutely crippled and had people who were just off the street a week prior playing against Drew Brees. We could of done a game plan like that maybe at the start of the season before Darby/Mills/Hicks/Barnett/Jernigan/McLeod all went down. By the way, we have the 24th ranked defense by yards lol. And while we started off the season much better, it's since been derailed horrifically. Part of it I agree is scheme yes, but this Eagles squad is banged up heavily on the defensive side.

20 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

24th ranked defense? I think Dalllas like 3rd in points and top 10 in yards

5th in yards and 2nd in points after yesterdays game. 

Philly is 24th in yards and 15th in points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Dallas has a top defense, we are absolutely crippled and had people who were just off the street a week prior playing against Drew Brees. We could of done a game plan like that maybe at the start of the season before Darby/Mills/Hicks/Barnett/Jernigan/McLeod all went down. By the way, we have the 24th ranked defense by yards lol. And while we started off the season much better, it's since been derailed horrifically. Part of it I agree is scheme yes, but this Eagles squad is banged up heavily on the defensive side.

5th in yards and 2nd in points after yesterdays game. 

Philly is 24th in yards and 15th in points.

Got ya! My mistake, I misunderstood 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Got ya! My mistake, I misunderstood 

No my mistake, they are not 24th overall, however they are 26th in opposition completion percentage, not a good stat to have going against the Saints. Prior to last night's game, the Cowboys were not good against the pass---a strength of the Saints.

1 hour ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Dallas has a top defense, we are absolutely crippled and had people who were just off the street a week prior playing against Drew Brees. We could of done a game plan like that maybe at the start of the season before Darby/Mills/Hicks/Barnett/Jernigan/McLeod all went down. By the way, we have the 24th ranked defense by yards lol. And while we started off the season much better, it's since been derailed horrifically. Part of it I agree is scheme yes, but this Eagles squad is banged up heavily on the defensive side.

5th in yards and 2nd in points after yesterdays game. 

Philly is 24th in yards and 15th in points.

Of course you're correct about how handicapped we were with injuries, no question about it. My point was that the girls called maybe the best game against the Saints of any team all year---by not being afraid of the Saints. They could've easily just rolled over with their star LB and LT out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madriver said:

Of course you're correct about how handicapped we were with injuries, no question about it. My point was that the girls called maybe the best game against the Saints of any team all year---by not being afraid of the Saints. They could've easily just rolled over with their star LB and LT out. 

Well I do agree with your sentiment. If we were healthy, we probably would of still called the same gameplan. We wouldn't of been eviscerated to the tune of 45 points, but I don't think we would of done well. The Cowboys on the flipside didn't play like a team scared and dictated to the Saints what they could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Well I do agree with your sentiment. If we were healthy, we probably would of still called the same gameplan. We wouldn't of been eviscerated to the tune of 45 points, but I don't think we would of done well. The Cowboys on the flipside didn't play like a team scared and dictated to the Saints what they could do.

Dalllas was missing 7 starters in the game last night, i’d Give philly the edge  if both were heathy, ..I think if they were both healthy and played points would be few and far between.

i think Doug went in with a horrible game plan...he played a soft zone, which is suicide and on offense, on a team with only 2 weapons (Wentz/Ertz) he tried to have a shootout 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dalllas was missing 7 starters in the game last night, i’d Give philly the edge  if both were heathy, ..I think if they were both healthy and played points would be few and far between.

i think Doug went in with a horrible game plan...he played a soft zone, which is suicide and on offense, on a team with only 2 weapons (Wentz/Ertz) he tried to have a shootout 

Phillys inury problem is not that we are missing a ton of starters so much as we are missing so many DBs. We got by fine missing quite a few really good player last season but this year the injuries are mostly concentrated to the secondary and we now have non NFL quality guys playing meaningful snaps. Against Brees that's pretty much suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Phillys inury problem is not that we are missing a ton of starters so much as we are missing so many DBs. We got by fine missing quite a few really good player last season but this year the injuries are mostly concentrated to the secondary and we now have non NFL quality guys playing meaningful snaps. Against Brees that's pretty much suicide.

Agreed on all points. I think having Ajayi would have been big in that game as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

While there's no way we should of lost to Carolina or the Bucs, we are outclassed with the Saints. It was the biggest beat-down I've seen against this birds team in an extremely long time. Having a "dc with balls" wouldn't of saved us in that game, everyone stunk all around.

Still better to lose from being aggressive than to lose from being afraid to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cowboys remind me of the Giants two years ago..low level offense with a high level defense... eking out close games in flukish ways and will eventually be exposed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now