Sign in to follow this  
ncmalko1

Playing against Dallas

When Dallas beat Atlanta Dak didn’t complete one pass for more than 10 yards. Not one. He has been successful the last 3 weeks throwing short pass after short pass after short pass. Why don’t teams see this. When we play them we will play our CBs 15 yards of the WRs... Why? Don’t want to get beat by Daks deadly deep ball?? Come on!

And by "10 yards” I mean the ball didn’t travel down the field more then 10 yards. Zekes 35 yard pick up was a screen (not Dak throwing the ball more then 10 yards downfield)

If you remember the 1st year for Dak he was throwing a lot of deep balls. He is very capable but sometimes not that accurate. Last year and the beginning of this year we had no one to throw deep too. Now with Cooper we should be stretching the field. 

Our OC is not very good and last game was the perfect example. 1st and goal inside the 5 and Zeke doesn’t get one touch. That’s bad play calling.

If we have any hope against NO we have to come out blazing but we will need the 10-12 play drives that eat up time to keep Brees on the bench. We have been better at that over the last few games. 

Sometimes Dak drives my crazy but then he pulls off a play like the TD run on Thursday and brings me hope. He has been protecting the ball and that has to be the case for us to have any chance on Thursday night. 

3 hours ago, gch said:

If you remember the 1st year for Dak he was throwing a lot of deep balls. He is very capable but sometimes not that accurate. Last year and the beginning of this year we had no one to throw deep too. Now with Cooper we should be stretching the field. 

Our OC is not very good and last game was the perfect example. 1st and goal inside the 5 and Zeke doesn’t get one touch. That’s bad play calling.

If we have any hope against NO we have to come out blazing but we will need the 10-12 play drives that eat up time to keep Brees on the bench. We have been better at that over the last few games. 

Sometimes Dak drives my crazy but then he pulls off a play like the TD run on Thursday and brings me hope. He has been protecting the ball and that has to be the case for us to have any chance on Thursday night. 

Dak actually throws a nice deep ball, I saw his stats somewhere relative to when he throws bombs, and they .were very good...the offense just doesn’t have that many in it...it didn’t Romo’s last few years...the whole offense is based off running the ball, staying ahead of the chains and getting in a lot of 3rd and 5’s or less. That’s pretty much what they did in the Atlanta game...ran the ball and it was 3rd amd short a ton...

They also, up until Cooper got there didn’t have a ton of speed on the outside....and he isn’t a burner that takes the top off defenses

Dak’s only major flaw is he needs to see things and pull the trigger a tad  bit quicker...the scheme does not help...a ton of isolation routes that are slow to develop and they run a lot of tight bunch formations that actually make it easy for defenses to disguise coverages, meaning it makes it a tad bit harder on the QB....they should forget the 2-3 TE bs...especially since their TE’a suck, spread everyone out and  run the ball and tbrow quick short passes...

Let’s hope Dallas thinks Dak is a legitimate QB and doesn’t see the need to give zeke the money he deserves. Without zeke the cowboys are nothing

8 hours ago, lorddevn said:

Let’s hope Dallas thinks Dak is a legitimate QB and doesn’t see the need to give zeke the money he deserves. Without zeke the cowboys are nothing

You don’t think Zeke gets the money he deserves? You don’t know JJ very well. He takes care of his top players. And sometimes even when he shouldn’t. 

8 hours ago, lorddevn said:

I’m pretty hard on Dak myself. But I do love his fight as a player. He doesn’t have the same gifts that Wentz has in the way he throws the ball but he has out played Wentz at times in their 3 seasons. Wentz has not played well this season as of yet. 

Give Wentz a more competent oline and a back like Elliott and see what happens. Last year we saw how much Prescott struggled w/o Elliott. 

14 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Give Wentz a more competent oline and a back like Elliott and see what happens. Last year we saw how much Prescott struggled w/o Elliott. 

Oh no doubt without Zeke, Dak and the Cowboys would not be in the position they are now. Dak and Wentz are not Brady but no QB can do it all himself. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

I’m pretty hard on Dak myself. But I do love his fight as a player. He doesn’t have the same gifts that Wentz has in the way he throws the ball but he has out played Wentz at times in their 3 seasons. Wentz has not played well this season as of yet. 

? Wentz has had like 1 bad game all year. Out side that he has been pretty good to great in the rest.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:10 AM, boogyman said:

? Wentz has had like 1 bad game all year. Out side that he has been pretty good to great in the rest.

Dak has had 2 more TD passes and 1 less interception then Wentz this year without a number 1 receiver. 

1 hour ago, gch said:

Dak has had 2 more TD passes and 1 less interception then Wentz this year without a number 1 receiver. 

I think Wentz has played 2 less games....

Dak has picked it up a bit after a rough start....last 6 games, 13td's (combined rushing and passing) and I think 2 turnovers....8td's 1 turnover since Cooper came onboard 4 games ago.

Dak isn't as good as Wentz, but you can win games and contend for titles with a QB like Dak...you probably just need a little bit more around you. 

One thing Dak needs is coaching...he'd be better in a scheme that aside from 1-2 read option plays per game is designed for a precision passer like Tony Romo

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

Dak has picked it up a bit after a rough start....last 6 games, 13td's (combined rushing and passing) and I think 2 turnovers....8td's 1 turnover since Cooper came onboard 4 games ago.

And that's a great point... So 8 TD's since you brought in a guy to be your number one WR. So actually that argument made doesn't hold that much value. Thanks. 

😊

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's a great point... So 8 TD's since you brought in a guy to be your number one WR. So actually that argument made doesn't hold that much value. Thanks. 

😊

in a predominantly run based offense that is conservative by nature, i'll take it

Just now, Stephen1 said:

in a predominantly run based offense that is conservative by nature, i'll take it

Absolutely. Hey you have a very good defense even if we as Eagles fans hate to admit that! If you can lean on Zeke and Cooper can give you #1 WR production then you're well on your way to being a good team. Hate to say that. Pains me to say that but I'm just saying what I see. 

That said... Dallas sux. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely. Hey you have a very good defense even if we as Eagles fans hate to admit that! If you can lean on Zeke and Cooper can give you #1 WR production then you're well on your way to being a good team. Hate to say that. Pains me to say that but I'm just saying what I see. 

That said... Dallas sux. 

😂

I love the defense...they are good, and could very good if they start to cause turnovers....they have some pieces on offense...but as long as Garrett is running his scheme, they will never be dynamic or good enough on offense unless they have an injury free year (see the OL) and somehow hit on a very good pass catching TE  

3 hours ago, gch said:

Ummmmm yeah. Check all those stats like games played maybe.

And the Saints game Wentz had 3 picks. Like I said he had 1 bad game. He was 15 tds and 3 picks before that game. You stated he has not played well all year and your statement was obviously uninformed and idiotic.

6 hours ago, gch said:

Also...am I missing something? The stats I see Dak has 13 passing TDs and Wentz had 15 before the Giants game. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Also...am I missing something? The stats I see Dak has 13 passing TDs and Wentz had 15 before the Giants game. 

It showed Dak having two more TD passes but not sure when the stats were taken from. Dak has had several rushing TD’s and some fumbles but Wentz has had fumbles as well. I found the stats on NFL.com vote for Pro bowl players. The stats for the two QB’s are pretty close. Wentz passer rating is about 5% higher. When you look at the players around Wentz they are a better offense. Much better TE and receivers especially (before Copper) and the OL is on par with Dallas. Zeke does make a difference since we are a run based offense as Stephen has stated. I did forget about Wentz stating two games late so that does make a difference. Dak did not have a good start to the season and part of that is the coaching staff and play calling but he had a lot of missed passes and mistakes. He does need a better QB coach around him then what Dallas has provided. I just thought Philly would have a much better record then Dallas at this point of the season and I guess just about everone on this site did too. The playoff picture is far from done in the NFCE. It’s unlikely that two teams would make the play offs this season so you will need to win the division. It should make for an interesting rest of the season. 

55 minutes ago, gch said:

It showed Dak having two more TD passes but not sure when the stats were taken from. Dak has had several rushing TD’s and some fumbles but Wentz has had fumbles as well. I found the stats on NFL.com vote for Pro bowl players. The stats for the two QB’s are pretty close. Wentz passer rating is about 5% higher. When you look at the players around Wentz they are a better offense. Much better TE and receivers especially (before Copper) and the OL is on par with Dallas. Zeke does make a difference since we are a run based offense as Stephen has stated. I did forget about Wentz stating two games late so that does make a difference. Dak did not have a good start to the season and part of that is the coaching staff and play calling but he had a lot of missed passes and mistakes. He does need a better QB coach around him then what Dallas has provided. I just thought Philly would have a much better record then Dallas at this point of the season and I guess just about everone on this site did too. The playoff picture is far from done in the NFCE. It’s unlikely that two teams would make the play offs this season so you will need to win the division. It should make for an interesting rest of the season. 

Well the real stats are Dak has 13 passing TDs and Wentz has 16. Wentz also has a little over 100 more passing yards in 2 less games.

As for Phillys record it is not relevant to your comment that Wentz has not played well all season, because he has been very good outside the one game. I am not sure how what you have been watching making that statement.

On 11/24/2018 at 3:32 PM, ncmalko1 said:

When Dallas beat Atlanta Dak didn’t complete one pass for more than 10 yards. Not one. He has been successful the last 3 weeks throwing short pass after short pass after short pass. Why don’t teams see this. When we play them we will play our CBs 15 yards of the WRs... Why? Don’t want to get beat by Daks deadly deep ball?? Come on!

Brady has been doing this for nearly 2 decades. A lot of teams can pull it off. a lot of teams can't. But you're right. For whatever reason Schwartz doesn't trust his 2ndary and he always plays them a mile off. I don't get it either. 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:40 PM, The_Talon said:

Brady has been doing this for nearly 2 decades. A lot of teams can pull it off. a lot of teams can't. But you're right. For whatever reason Schwartz doesn't trust his 2ndary and he always plays them a mile off. I don't get it either. 

Yes but what no one answered is why isn’t every team bringing everyone up. It’s short pass after short pass after short pass after short pass.

1 hour ago, ncmalko1 said:

Yes but what no one answered is why isn’t every team bringing everyone up. It’s short pass after short pass after short pass after short pass.

Because with 8 in the box all game and therefore little safety help most CB are scared to get beat deep, and even if the coaches tell them to get up on the WR they will subconsciously back up....