Sign in to follow this  
Plache

Giants fans - Saquon Barkley?

Does anyone know (Giants post game shows, etc...) know why in the world Pat Shurmur stopped using Saquon Barkley in the 2nd half today?  He should be fired tomorrow for giving that game away...not that I'm complaining.  Stunning.

23 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

He got a message from the top saying, "stick with the plan of securing a top draft pick"

:roll:

2 hours ago, Plache said:

Does anyone know (Giants post game shows, etc...) know why in the world Pat Shurmur stopped using Saquon Barkley in the 2nd half today?  He should be fired tomorrow for giving that game away...not that I'm complaining.  Stunning.

We have the two best play makers in the division (maybe the two best players overall) and the coach can't find a way to get them the ball against an average defense. Very disappointing. 

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

Not hurt, Dumb a** Shurmur said Penalty force him to change his play calling lol....Giants chose another moron HC..

Pretty much, some of us Eagles fans tried to tell you. 

27 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

We have the two best play makers in the division (maybe the two best players overall) and the coach can't find a way to get them the ball against an average defense. Very disappointing. 

Your coach sucks. Gonna be stuck with him next year too I would guess.

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

Not hurt, Dumb a** Shurmur said Penalty force him to change his play calling lol....Giants chose another moron HC..

Seriously? I was expecting to hear that he was hurt. That's bizarre

5 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Pretty much, some of us Eagles fans tried to tell you. 

I hate the hire, also hate the GM hire too, i felt with Gettleman the same ole foundation would stay in place, Gettleman worked with the organization before so the core values on how they draft and who they sign would stay in place, my pick for GM was Louis Riddick and I wanted David Shaw for head coach, Riddick already stated in an interview if he got the job he would be moving on from Eli, Gettleman promise to keep Eli, lol this franchise Fed, John Mara is a moron..

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

"Average" is being kind.

I just called my bank and the check that I wrote to Shurmur cleared during halftime. I just never actually expected $5.94 to be enough to get him to pull Barkley...

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just called my bank and the check that I wrote to Shurmur cleared during halftime. I just never actually expected $5.94 to be enough to get him to pull Barkley...

Well at least we know what the cost is... $11.88 per year to get 2 dubs. 

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well at least we know what the cost is... $11.88 per year to get 2 dubs. 

I'll double that next season  :P   So can we start a collection for the Rams game? :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Plache said:

I'll double that next season  :P   So can we start a collection for the Rams game? :ph34r:

And I think the Texans game... Perhaps not as high a cost as what it'll be for the Rams game mind! 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

OBJ should have been a much bigger factor.  Without re-watching the game, it's tough for me to say whose fault it was that OBJ only had 5 receptions for 85 yards.   Maybe Eli was having a hard time finding him?  I find it very difficult to believe that he couldn't have broken 100 yards and probably gotten a lot more than that.  

My theory on Saquon:  he's banged up a little bit.  Maybe a nagging injury that's been bothering him for a while.  Shurmur thought that they had a safe enough lead that he would give him the 2nd half off to help him heal.  Turns out that he was wrong.  Eli's ability to lose football games knows no limits.  This was definitely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

19 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Wasn’t even the tiniest bit surprised. It’s what this team does, and has done, for years

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

9A681A83-6812-404B-AB11-651DD5648081.jpeg

Nope. It was time for him to go

4 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

OBJ should have been a much bigger factor.  Without re-watching the game, it's tough for me to say whose fault it was that OBJ only had 5 receptions for 85 yards.   Maybe Eli was having a hard time finding him?  I find it very difficult to believe that he couldn't have broken 100 yards and probably gotten a lot more than that.  

My theory on Saquon:  he's banged up a little bit.  Maybe a nagging injury that's been bothering him for a while.  Shurmur thought that they had a safe enough lead that he would give him the 2nd half off to help him heal.  Turns out that he was wrong.  Eli's ability to lose football games knows no limits.  This was definitely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I haven't read anything about SB being banged up, but if he is, give him a few games off. The season is lost and he has very little left to prove. The kid is absolutely amazing. Save him for another day. 

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I haven't read anything about SB being banged up, but if he is, give him a few games off. The season is lost and he has very little left to prove. The kid is absolutely amazing. Save him for another day. 

Yeah I think I'd have to agree with you there. I mean as an Eagles fan I want you to run him in to the ground. But as a fan of great football players (and this kid could be an nfl great one day) I think it's pointless. Why give him a full season of carries and workload in a lost year? You know what he's capable of, you know how good he is.