Sign in to follow this  
Plache

Giants fans - Saquon Barkley?

13 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I think we do need a long term solution at Center and RT at the very least.  I don't think Engram is the long term answer at TE, I would rather see someone who can block and make tough catches over the middle at that position even if it means sacrificing some big play ability.  We did well with guys like Kevin Boss and Jake Ballard (even if it was just for one year).  I'd like to get back to that prototype.  On the defense side we are a long ways away.  We probably need to replace practically the entire line at this point don't we?

I think the decision to cut Eli will be easier than you think.  If we can get the guy we want,  letting him go wouldn't be a bad idea.  Save the money and build aroudn the young QB because young QB's need help.  In todays NFL, with the current rules on hitting QB's, I wonder if a young QB is in the same kind of danger they used to be.  Food for thought.  But back to my point, if they don't find Eli's successor then you keep him another year. 

I'm very comfortable with Halapio at center. He looked really good at the end of last year, in training camp and then in the one game he played. He's a big body that will fit in well with the other guys we have on the line. TE is the least of our needs. Engram will continue to develop and Ellison is the exact type of TE you described. They just need to use him more. 

I think 2/3 of the defensive line is set. BJ Hill and Dalvin Tomlinson are going to be a really good tandem. What we need is an OLB/edge rusher to replace Vernon and bookend Carter. He's great against the run, but just doesn't get to the QB often enough to justify that salary. Cut him and find a replacement. Add a big bodied DT too. Those guys come cheap. 

Cutting Eli makes all of this possible. Eli + Vernon + Jenkins = $36M in cap savings alone! None of those guys are contributing to wins right now, so it's a net gain. 

41 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm very comfortable with Halapio at center. He looked really good at the end of last year, in training camp and then in the one game he played. He's a big body that will fit in well with the other guys we have on the line. TE is the least of our needs. Engram will continue to develop and Ellison is the exact type of TE you described. They just need to use him more. 

I think 2/3 of the defensive line is set. BJ Hill and Dalvin Tomlinson are going to be a really good tandem. What we need is an OLB/edge rusher to replace Vernon and bookend Carter. He's great against the run, but just doesn't get to the QB often enough to justify that salary. Cut him and find a replacement. Add a big bodied DT too. Those guys come cheap. 

Cutting Eli makes all of this possible. Eli + Vernon + Jenkins = $36M in cap savings alone! None of those guys are contributing to wins right now, so it's a net gain. 

Well one thing is for sure, we agree on Vernon.  Guy has been a bitter disappointment. 

Barkley averaged 8.9 ypc against the Eagles this year.

His coach gave him a whole 13 carries in each game.

Please don't fire Shurmur!

38 minutes ago, skippyx said:

He gotta go, can't have a RB like Barkley and give him 4 second half carries...Mara hired another dumb F coach..

23 hours ago, skippyx said:

I'll never understand that second half. Looked like they started to tank but then they won the next game. Very strange