Jenkins27

Blake Bortles benched for Cody Kessler

Recommended Posts

God the second time this year he's been benched for Kessler. Jags woes started this year when they declared Bortles as the short to medium term starter with that contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Bad teams stay bad. Foles would have them at least in contention for a WC spot.

Even when they seemed to have a bright future! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Even when they seemed to have a bright future! 😊

Browns had a year like that too when Derek Anderson played at a probowl level, and they signed him to a deal instead of trying to improve on a 10-6 season. They stayed bad too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Browns had a year like that too when Derek Anderson played at a probowl level, and they signed him to a deal instead of trying to improve on a 10-6 season. They stayed bad too. 

Don't being this stuff up cause you know who will say the Eagles are about to make the same mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could have been predicted on the day that he signed his new contract.

This is from the thread about his new contract:

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As much as everyone doubted Nick this post-season, I don't want to be eating my words a year from now, but from what we've seen out of Bortles, I just don't see him ever winning it all for the Jags.

There could always be a 'magical run', but at this point, I just don't see it.

 

I still don't see it... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Don't being this stuff up cause you know who will say the Eagles are about to make the same mistake. 

The title doesn't have "Foles" "Wentz" "Eagles" "Flat Earth" or "Rap" in the title. We should be safe here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

The title doesn't have "Foles" "Wentz" "Eagles" "Flat Earth" or "Rap" in the title. We should be safe here. 

That doesn't seem to matter. The Agholor thread turned into a QB debate lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back on topic a little... Do the Jags look to move on in the off season? And if so who do they look to bring in? Draft a rookie? Who are the FA QBs? Foles... And? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So back on topic a little... Do the Jags look to move on in the off season? And if so who do they look to bring in? Draft a rookie? Who are the FA QBs? Foles... And? 

They'd have almost $17 Million in dead money. They really should have moved on this year, and that's not 'hindsight', everyone thought that before they re-signed him. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So back on topic a little... Do the Jags look to move on in the off season? And if so who do they look to bring in? Draft a rookie? Who are the FA QBs? Foles... And? 

I could see Flacco being a somewhat attractive option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

The title doesn't have "Foles" "Wentz" "Eagles" "Flat Earth" or "Rap" in the title. We should be safe here. 

:lol: :lol: 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They'd have almost $17 Million in dead money. They really should have moved on this year, and that's not 'hindsight', everyone thought that before they re-signed him. lol

Agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They'd have almost $17 Million in dead money. They really should have moved on this year, and that's not 'hindsight', everyone thought that before they re-signed him. lol

He did have a good playoff run, I guess they thought he would improve on that. So in a way can't blame them but, at the same time they should of known

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, SBorBust said:

Tyrod Taylor is a good fit for that team. He doesn't turn the ball over and makes plays to move the chains.

Don't be fooled by Taylor's athleticism, he is not a good QB. 

He's constantly hurt and comes up small in the biggest situations. He doesn't play to win, he plays not to lose. Check down specialist is the name of his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Don't be fooled by Taylor's athleticism, he is not a good QB. 

He's constantly hurt and comes up small in the biggest situations. He doesn't play to win, he plays not to lose. Check down specialist is the name of his game.

decent backup nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So back on topic a little... Do the Jags look to move on in the off season? And if so who do they look to bring in? Draft a rookie? Who are the FA QBs? Foles... And? 

They had chance to draft Lamar Jackson but passed on him. He's easily better than Bortles.

On 11/26/2018 at 1:04 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They'd have almost $17 Million in dead money. They really should have moved on this year, and that's not 'hindsight', everyone thought that before they re-signed him. lol

I guess they desperate to have a QB. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

They had chance to draft Lamar Jackson but passed on him. He's easily better than Bortles.

Yeah I mean at least with Lamar he can move the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

decent backup nothing more.

Yeah, but a decent backup is much better than Blake Bortles (or Lamar Jackson) will ever be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 2:07 PM, Captain F said:

Bortles will end up in Washington when they realize Smiths injury is career ending. 

As a backup. No way he lands another starting gig in the NFL.  This dude is beyond terrible. Not only was he the worst starter but probably like #40 in the QB ranks including backups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now