AlpineEagle

Week 13: Saints @ Cowboys

1 minute ago, judunno said:

uhhh that's not how it works lol. Same amount of divisional losses... same conference record. Eagles play Washington twice with Colt McCoy leading the way. I like our chances there. Question is can the Eagles beat Dallas next week. That will make things interesting. Hope Jason Garrett gets an extension though lol.

I know how it works, and we're definitely not just one game ahead. Think Philly would have to win 4 of their last 5 and Dallas would have to go 2-2. Definitely possible. Eagles schedule isn't too tough. Rams will probably be the definite loss. You guys get Houston at home, so that's winnable. Washington? Probably wins. Dallas will be the big one next week.

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The defensive drafting for the Cowgirls the past few years has been pretty good. Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch is a hell of a young LB tandem. I’ll eat crow, I didn’t think they had a chance in hell of winning tonight. And I definitely did not expect holding the Saints under 30, let alone to 10. 

No need to eat crow...nobody in their right mind would pick Dalllas in that game 

1 minute ago, cowboy30 said:

I know how it works, and we're definitely not just one game ahead. Think Philly would have to win 4 of their last 5 and Dallas would have to go 2-2. Definitely possible. Eagles schedule isn't too tough. Rams will probably be the definite loss. You guys get Houston at home, so that's winnable. Washington? Probably wins. Dallas will be the big one next week.

Yes you are just 1 game ahead. 

One final thought from me here...  I'm going to hate seeing Leighton Vander Esch for the next decade...

I was watching him fairly closely tonight and even when he wasn't getting credit from Troy and his troll sidekick he was still blowing plays up for other guys to make the tackle...

That stop on 4th and goal was all on Vander Esch even though other guys got the tackle...

Just now, Stephen1 said:

No need to eat crow...nobody in their right mind would pick Dalllas in that game 

I had a weird feeling Dallas was going to win. Wasn't that confident. Thursday game at home. Wasn't a good spot for the Saints and that D line smacked them in the mouth. 

6 minutes ago, judunno said:

uhhh that's not how it works lol. Same amount of divisional losses... same conference record. Eagles play Washington twice with Colt McCoy leading the way. I like our chances there. Question is can the Eagles beat Dallas next week. That will make things interesting. Hope Jason Garrett gets an extension though lol.

And also, my bad. I understand what you're saying. I'm taking into account the rest of the season. But if you all beat Washington, then next week is for the division lead again. I think my playoff generator is throwing me the F off hahaha. Gonna put that down for a bit.

1 minute ago, Baynit said:

One final thought from me here...  I'm going to hate seeing Leighton Vander Esch for the next decade...

I was watching him fairly closely tonight and even when he wasn't getting credit from Troy and his troll sidekick he was still blowing plays up for other guys to make the tackle...

That stop on 4th and goal was all on Vander Esch even though other guys got the tackle...

LVE is a stud. He might win DROY. Right now it looks like he will probably make Sean Lee expendable. I see no reason to pay Sean Lee big bucks when he can't stay on the field and you have someone who is younger and potentially even better. They can save $7 million by releasing him.

2 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Yup, if the eagles win Monday night it’s a big game...Dalllas wins and they should win the division...philly beats Dalllas and it goes down to the wire. 

Division game, it will be close, no matter how good the Dallas D plays the offense isn’t good enough to blow anyone out.

with an average offense Dalllas would probably have 2-3 losses tops

Just now, judunno said:

I had a weird feeling Dallas was going to win. Wasn't that confident. Thursday game at home. Wasn't a good spot for the Saints and that Guy named Vander Esch smacked them in the mouth. 

fyp

1 minute ago, judunno said:

I had a weird feeling Dallas was going to win. Wasn't that confident. Thursday game at home. Wasn't a good spot for the Saints and that D line smacked them in the mouth. 

I get that, I just thought since it was a national game the saints would get amped up 

1 minute ago, metalhead0043 said:

LVE is a stud. He might win DROY. Right now it looks like he will probably make Sean Lee expendable. I see no reason to pay Sean Lee big bucks when he can't stay on the field and you have someone who is younger and potentially even better. They can save $7 million by releasing him.

I’ve heard they are going to make him take a pay cut, save 4 million or so and then use him for spot duty and depth...

12 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Yea, they wouldn't. But I figured we'd keep it close. I can't remember all the years, but we have a nice history of playing great teams with great records and playing them close and sometimes getting the upsets. When we were the underdogs, I can recall:

Peyton Manning and his undefeated Colts. Win

Peyton Manning and his Broncos. Loss

Brady and his undefeated Patriots. Loss

Brees and his undefeated Saints in the Superdome. Win

Now another win!

What the hell NO. A couple of weeks ago I praised you for being so much fun to watch even when you destroyed us. Now I want you to lose out because that's a disgraceful effort. And in doing so you've given Dallas the East. 

5 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I did. 

Stupid New Orleans Aints. Should wear those paper bags over their heads again. Picked a great time to crap the bed. Not sure if I hate them or the cowboys more right now. Have to give credit where credit is due though. Dallas is by far the best team in the division currently. Their Defense has reaĺly improved. LVE is an absolute stud. I'm jealous that we don't have him.

On 11/24/2018 at 6:55 AM, BKLYNYG said:

I’m taking the Cowboys in their game against the Saints. I like the way their defense is playing. I see NO finishing 13-3 with losses in Dallas and Carolina.  The Rams will also finish 13-3, with NO having the head to head tie breaker and home field. 

6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

:smoke:

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I did. 

😂 dude, you are more optimistic about the cowboys than I am most weeks! lol

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

:smoke:

i need those pick 3 numbers ASAP

59 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

😂 dude, you are more optimistic about the cowboys than I am most weeks! lol

i need those pick 3 numbers ASAP

And vice versa. I imagine we’ll be picking each other’s teams to win next week lol. 

9 hours ago, judunno said:

Yes you are just 1 game ahead. 

Yea I corrected myself earlier. The one game lead is assuming you guys win this week though...😎

Well if anything it did re-affirm to me that the Cowboys defense can be scary good. If their offense was at a more respectable level then we'd be talking much more about them making noise in the playoffs. I liked our odds to win the division before but that was on an assumption Dallas would lose to the Saints. For the Eagles to grab the division now we will have to win against either the Rams or the Texans, teams that we "shouldn't" be able to beat.

I do think we can beat the Cowboys, but I also think we still have a dud of a game left in us for this season ultimately dashing our playoff hopes.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And vice versa. I imagine we’ll be picking each other’s teams to win next week lol. 

For the first time in recent memory i think Dallas will actually won.

that said, now watch the eagles come out and put 40 on them...that’s the way the NFL works