Sign in to follow this  
Sportsdude360

Leighton Vander Esch - NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

11 hours ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

I thought his son did most of the work now?

He does, the truth is JJ has for the most part drafted with the consensus of his son, lead scout and coaches, with him being the tie breaker...so if the HC and scouts disagree, he divides and truth is always goes with the coaches.

now back in the late 90’s until Parcells was there, he ‘d go off on his own regularly 

3 hours ago, Plache said:

I don't know man - they made our Eagles look pretty bad, and beat the hottest (and possibly best) team in the league.  

Agreed, rivals or not, I tip my hat to them. But we've seen this story from them time and time again. The playoffs is where they falter, so they can rack up the regular season wins all they want.

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

Ummm, a 4 win streak 

Correct. My mind must be suppressing that one particular loss:lol:

Eagles, Falcons, Skins, and Saints. Saints laid an egg and you guys beat an injured Skins, given up Eagles team, and Falcons suck

Not really impressive

Of course I'm biased though:roll:

1 minute ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Agreed, rivals or not, I tip my hat to them. But we've seen this story from them time and time again. The playoffs is where they falter, so they can rack up the regular season wins all they want.

One can only hope  :rock:

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Correct. My mind must be suppressing that one particular loss:lol:

Eagles, Falcons, Skins, and Saints. Saints laid an egg and you guys beat an injured Skins, given up Eagles team, and Falcons suck

Not really impressive

Of course I'm biased though:roll:

The NFC is crap...there are two legit teams (Saints/Rams)...a few horrible teams, and then a bunch of mediocre teams...believe me, i’m glad Dalllas won, but not impressed by beating the Skins or Falcons...D played great, offense was garbage, in the eagles game both the offense and defense were great for a half and poor for the other...but Philly isn’t good amd really, Dalllas didn’t start moving the ball well until a couple guys went down in Philly’s secondary...

the saints game, I disagree that the Saints laid an egg.  Usually when teams lay an egg there are dropped passes, a lot of penalties etc...on offense there were no dropped passes, Brees wasn’t missing guys, there were few penalties on the Saints offense...the coverages was tight and everytime a guy caught the ball he got tackled right away, Dallas also stopped the run...and on Defense the Saints played well...stuffed the run pretty well, and while they gave up yards, they made Dallas settle for fg’s...they only gave up 13...

bottom line, Dalllas has a good Defense, bad offense and has only played 1 complete game all year (Jacksonville)

20 hours ago, Plache said:

Rams/Saints - Saints/Rams, then you can argue Chicago and Dallas........record wise it's Chicago, but they've got QB problems right now and Dallas is playing some very good football in all 3 phases.......I don't love it, but....

Chicago is fake, everybody knows it and they showed it yesterday.  3rd best team in NFC right now is between Dallas and Seattle. 

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Chicago is fake, everybody knows it and they showed it yesterday.  3rd best team in NFC right now is between Dallas and Seattle. 

With Mitch Trubisky they win that game going away.  Chase Daniel is horrible.  

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

F you, F him, and F all the fugazi Eagles fans in here fellating him on a message board

So just because a player plays for a rival, you're not allowed to see the forest through the trees?  It's *fans*  like you give this fanbase a bad name.  

36 minutes ago, Plache said:

So just because a player plays for a rival, you're not allowed to see the forest through the trees?  It's *fans*  like you give this fanbase a bad name.  

i hate when people are like that. Why discuss football with opposing fans if you have that attitude?

I hate the Eagles with a passion, and I have every reason to want Carson Wentz to be  lousy QB...but even I can admit he's a very good QB

LVE  is an Urlacher clone with huge power and speed in every direction.  If I'm Eagles I isolate Sproles on him and challenge his quickness.

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

Too bad Jerry just said Sean Lee will get his starting job back. What an idiot.

It might be an attempt to showcase him for a trade this off-season.  They know KV is the future.

6 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

You're serious??? Oh that is beautiful. I hope he lives forever

5 hours ago, bdbd20 said:

It might be an attempt to showcase him for a trade this off-season.  They know KV is the future.

KInda seems like he should be the present to me....but Jerruh gonna Jerruh! :wub:

10 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

LVE  is an Urlacher clone with huge power and speed in every direction.  If I'm Eagles I isolate Sproles on him and challenge his quickness.

I imagine Dalllas will do with Sproles what they did with Kamara, bring in Jordan Lewis to shadow him

8 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

You're serious??? Oh that is beautiful. I hope he lives forever

JJ has a history of saying stuff like that to help soothe a vets ego. He swore Romo was still the stratimg QB until the day Romo gave the speech....I think he’s just doing that for Lee, Lee will get some snaps, he might "start” as in get his name called during introductions and be out there for the first play.

i also think he might get a couple rotations with Jaylon Smith on some passing downs .

that’s my guess because I can’t believe they’d be stupid enough to take any snaps away from LVE.....but then again...I can 

13 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I imagine Dalllas will do with Sproles what they did with Kamara, bring in Jordan Lewis to shadow him

Difference is if Jordan Lewis is down in the flats with Sproles, you are opening up more space for Tate/Agholor/Ertz to work with so I honestly hope they do exactly that.  Eagles have a better variety of weapons right now than the Saints who are pretty much just Thomas/Kamara in the passing game.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Difference is if Jordan Lewis is down in the flats with Sproles, you are opening up more space for Tate/Agholor/Ertz to work with so I honestly hope they do exactly that.  Eagles have a better variety of weapons right now than the Saints who are pretty much just Thomas/Kamara in the passing game.

I’m just guessing what Dalllas would do...Sproles is a nice...I don’t know if he even warrants special treatment at this point.

But there is also something to be said for walking in week 13 with fresh legs....

i have a feeling the Eagles take this game 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

I’m just guessing what Dalllas would do...Sproles is a nice...I don’t know if he even warrants special treatment at this point.

But there is also something to be said for walking in week 13 with fresh legs....

i have a feeling the Eagles take this game 

I think the bigger return for the Iggles offense for this game is Lane Johnson....if he plays like an elite RT.  Iggles secondary has me scared to death...we all know/think Elliott is going to get his...but for the Eagles to win, they can't let Dak beat them...if Jernigan can play at all, it's a boost against Elliott as well...Not sure how the Eagles travel to Dallas and win, but I sure hope they can figure it out.  The way the win in Philly seemed to invigorate Dallas, I think the same could happen for the Eagles if they can pull one off in Dallas.  It may be an interesting NFC East down the stretch.  

Smith, Esch, and numerous others, yes Dallas can pick LBS, and RBs, and OL, and DL.....I think they have also had a few all pro QBs, and I forgot Receivers...I love the Eagles, and as much as I hate Dallas, I am not going to deny their quality picks/players....Let's not let emotions cloud our judgment