Don Corleone

Kareem Hunt brutalizes and kicks woman in hotel video

TMZ Sports has obtained video of Kansas City Chiefs star running back Kareem Huntshoving, bull-rushing and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel back in February. 

Kareem has not missed a single game this season despite the incident happening MONTHS before the 2018 NFL season kicked off ... and team CEO Clark Hunt publicly stated in August he doubted Hunt would be suspended.

In the video, Hunt is seen arguing with a 19-year-old woman outside of his room at The Metropolitan at the 9 at 3:22 AM on February 10, 2018. 

Hunt turns a corner and confronts the woman, shoving her hard. The woman strikes him back in the face ... and that's when Hunt goes berserk.

As friends try to hold him back, the 2017 Pro Bowler -- who led the league in rushing yards -- explodes and knocks one of his friends into the woman ... who both go flying into a wall. 

Both Kareem's male friend and the woman appear dazed -- but Kareem makes his way over to the female and kicks her while she's crouching on the ground ... knocking her over. 

Police were called to the scene but no arrests were made. According to police reports, obtained by TMZ Sports, surveillance video from the hotel was obtained by law enforcement. We're told that video is part of the evidence that was submitted to prosecutors. 

Still, cops did not arrest Hunt and no charges were filed because officers say they were unable to determine if a crime had been committed. 

At the time of the incident, the woman told police the whole thing started because Kareem kicked her out of his room after she refused to hook up with one of the men in Kareem's entourage. 

Kareem's friends told cops the woman had gone crazy when asked to leave and called Kareem the n-word ... and then struck one of Kareem's female friends once things turned physical.

Unclear why the NFL has not taken any action against Hunt. We reached out to the league to find out if they pursued the video. We also reached out to cops to find out if the NFL contacted them about the footage as well. 

The whole incident is reminiscent of the Ray Rice scandal when the NFL star knocked outhis then-fiancee in a hotel elevator in Feb. 2014.

The NFL suspended him indefinitely -- but only after TMZ Sports published the brutal knockout video from inside the elevator ... video the NFL claimed they had not seen until our story. 

After the incident, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged failures in the NFL's investigative process and said they would overhaul their protocol

Since then, the NFL claims it has tried to be tougher on players accused of attacking women -- most famously, the league suspended Ezekiel Elliott for 6 games in 2017 stemming from allegations he got physical with an ex-girlfriend in 2016. 

We reached out to the NFL for comment -- so far, no word back. 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

How can the cops say they couldn't be sure a crime had been committed? I mean they saw this video right? That's pretty undeniable! 

I just don't get what is wrong with some of these football players! Hunt should absolutely be banned for a number of games, if not more, and there's no way he should get away with this!!! 

Wow. You MIGHT be able to sell the idea that the shove into the wall was an accident due to him shoving the guy, but the kick is blatantly deliberate. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How can the cops say they couldn't be sure a crime had been committed? I mean they saw this video right? That's pretty undeniable! 

I just don't get what is wrong with some of these football players! Hunt should absolutely be banned for a number of games, if not more, and there's no way he should get away with this!!! 

I dunno...a white girl throwing the n-word around, knowing it will get a rise...after having said and done god knows what in the room...

Hunt assaults her for sure...but from a cop's POV and without the tape it could easily be he said-she said. The league will definitely have a different interpretation.

My questions is WTF is wrong with these idiot players for hanging around demented people who simply want to use them?

1 minute ago, madriver said:

I dunno...a white girl throwing the n-word around, knowing it will get a rise...after having said and done god knows what in the room...

Hunt assaults her for sure...but from a cop's POV and without the tape it could easily be he said-she said. The league will definitely have a different interpretation.

My questions is WTF is wrong with these idiot players for hanging around demented people who simply want to use them?

Yeah so firstly... I'm not saying what the woman said is acceptable as of course it isn't. But that also doesn't justify his actions. 

But yeah I mean what is wrong with these players! Stop putting yourself in these potential situations. 

He'll be suspended for the rest of the year, and should be. You just don't hit a women unless your life is in danger.

There goes his season and any chance the Chiefs had of beating the Pats in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Old video. NFL has done nothing. 

Yes, but now the public outrage will begin and the league will respond. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

He'll be suspended for the rest of the year, and should be. You just don't hit a women unless your life is in danger.

There goes his season and any chance the Chiefs had of beating the Pats in the playoffs. 

Yes, but now the public outrage will begin and the league will respond. 

If anything happens, it'll be next season.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To me part of the disgrace of this is that it's only an if! 

He'll probably be forced into counselling if he hasn't entered in yet voluntarily. Maybe they tack on a short suspension but given Mixon's behavior and punishment, I wouldn't expect much in this case from the League.

9 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If anything happens, it'll be next season.

With the video being Public, I think he'll get the Ray Rice treatment. Maybe he plays Sunday, because it's so late in the week, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's suspended indefinitely starting Monday or Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

He'll probably be forced into counselling if he hasn't entered in yet voluntarily. Maybe they tack on a short suspension but given Mixon's behavior and punishment, I wouldn't expect much in this case from the League.

I guess... In the case of Mixon that was before he became an nfl player? 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With the video being Public, I think he'll get the Ray Rice treatment. Maybe he plays Sunday, because it's so late in the week, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's suspended indefinitely starting Monday or Tuesday.

No, it'll have to be thoroughly investigated by the LEague and by the Chiefs. Resolution will probably come in the off season. That's what I expect anyway.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess... In the case of Mixon that was before he became an nfl player? 

Should he have been a non-hire (exempt from NFL) due to bad criminal character?

Just now, PoconoDon said:

No, it'll have to be thoroughly investigated by the LEague and by the Chiefs. Resolution will probably come in the off season. That's what I expect anyway.

I haven't watched the video, but if the thread title is accurate to the video then I'd expect the league to act swiftly in order to save themselves from another Ray Rice fiasco. You could well be right, but I think the league will want to appear to be 'out in front' if this... though it may be too late for that, since this happened in February.

Hunt's situation appears much like the one Ray Rice was involved in as we have video (thanks to TMZ) of both incidents and the NFL for months seemed to overlook both. No way in hell can they not treat Hunt the same. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't watched the video, but if the thread title is accurate to the video then I'd expect the league to act swiftly in order to save themselves from another Ray Rice fiasco. You could well be right, but I think the league will want to appear to be 'out in front' if this... though it may be too late for that, since this happened in February.

I watched it. It was far less extreme than Ray Rice. The description is hyperbolic.

Here's a Chief's board thread about it... I haven't read anything in it yet, but I always find it interesting to read what fans of the team think when something like this happens. Will they defend the player or will they want him gone?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319175

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Should he have been a non-hire (exempt from NFL) due to bad criminal character?

Lets not forget Hunt's scumbag teammate Tyreek Hill back in 2014, how he beat the crap out of his 20 year old pregnant girlfriend...Andy drafted him two years later, all he got was probation and now the two became engaged in September 2018. People have overlooked the horrible things he did because he has become a good WR  

Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her.[ Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges.. Hill eventually pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation and was sentenced to three years of probation, an anger-management course, a year-long batterer's program, and was required to undergo a domestic-abuse evaluation." Andy of course overlooked all of this, drafted him. He is now one of the top WR and people just have forgotten about the terrible things he did...and she ended up getting engaged to him in September 2018 

2 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

Lets not forget Hunt's scumbag teammate Tyreek Hill back in 2014, how he beat the crap out of his 20 year old pregnant girlfriend...Andy drafted him two years later, all he got was probation and now the two became engaged in September 2018. People have overlooked the horrible things he did because he has become a good WR  

Another case of the league doing little and thinking it's enough. Apparently, it is enough. It hasn't hurt them in any way meaningful to them.