EagleJoe8

Week 13 Open Discussion.

6 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

still, not like GB to do that. but, they have really been the suck tis season

I thought they would be a front runner for division title and a playoff spot but even their offense has been a disappointment. 

Is mccarthy also the gm? Bc their defense has been on a steady decline 

Listening to Tony Dungy and he thinks the Packers made a mistake because McCarthy won a SB. That was 8 freaking years ago! It clearly wasn't working and they needed to move on.

Just now, Eagles Finest said:

Listening to Tony Dungy and he thinks the Packers made a mistake because McCarthy won a SB. That was 8 freaking years ago! It clearly wasn't working and they needed to move on.

All those head coaches stick together like glue, no matter how far back you have to go to find their most recent success.

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Is mccarthy also the gm? Bc their defense has been on a steady decline

No, Brian Gutekunst is.

While I am indifferent to McCarthy I will never forget the 2 divisional round exits he handed the boys. My favorite was the 13-3, 2016 season that ended with a Crosby fg  ^_^

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, Brian Gutekunst is.

He should go too. And the Oline coach. Maybe even the OC. They need to hurry up with that rebuild

2 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

Right? And if he had a strained relationship with Rodgers it’s a no brainer to pick your franchise over a coach that hasn’t had success in 8 seasons. I still can’t believe that 2014 NFCCG loss. 

5 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

Yeah, the Super Bowl would have nothing to do with it either way. He was very successful for them though. Unless they gave him the option of sticking it out until week 17 or walking now, and he opted to go now, they probably should have just let him finish the season. But I can understand wanting to get a head start on the search.

But searching is something that can be done while the season is ongoing, like Lurie did before he fired Chip.  

McCarthy.JPG.1f9b97afd0312ebed64753e0c5a5f36d.JPG

2 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

He should go too. And the Oline coach. Maybe even the OC. They need to hurry up with that rebuild

The qb position has a long shelf life but Rodger’s injuries are shortening it 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, the Super Bowl would have nothing to do with it either way. He was very successful for them though. Unless they gave him the option of sticking it out until week 17 or walking now, and he opted to go now, they probably should have just let him finish the season. But I can understand wanting to get a head start on the search.

But searching is something that can be done while the season is ongoing, like Lurie did before he fired Chip.  

I think Rodgers masked McCarthy's bad coaching. How many times have we seen Rodgers scrambling and coming up with a 'how the hell did he do that' play?

Just now, pisceschica said:

The qb position has a long shelf life but Rodger’s injuries are shortening it 

He's a hell of a lot more mobile than Brady. Brees is 39 and is mobile and is having an MVP season. If Packers can keep Rodgers healthy they could have him for the next 5+ years perhaps

19 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

While I am indifferent to McCarthy I will never forget the 2 divisional round exits he handed the boys. My favorite was the 13-3, 2016 season that ended with a Crosby fg  ^_^

I exploded when that FG went through.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I exploded when that FG went through.

And if I remember correctly the cowboys tried to ice Crosby by calling s time out and he missed it. Then he made the one that counted. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Earlier in the week I half heartedly told a cowboys fan they would be one and done.  I thought for sure they would at least make it to the conf title game but....:lol:

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

And if I remember correctly the cowboys tried to ice Crosby by calling s time out and he missed it. Then he made the one that counted. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Earlier in the week I half heartedly told a cowboys fan they would be one and done.  I thought for sure they would at least make it to the conf title game but....:lol:

I believe he made the iced kick as well. The one that counted though started off outside the left upright, but then started hooking in.

40 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

McCarthy.JPG.1f9b97afd0312ebed64753e0c5a5f36d.JPG

Listening to his presser he was visibly shook up and sounded defeated like he knew it was the end for him. 

McCarthy got to 4 NFCCGs in 13 years after taking over a 4-12 team.

• Favre threw into triple coverage in OT
  • He won a Super Bowl
  • Rodgers sucked and his DB fell down on purpose instead of running another 20-40 yards on a pick (and yes, he may have been a bit conservative)
  • No way they were wining in Atlanta

Anyone calling him a bad coach is an idiot.

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

McCarthy got to 4 NFCCGs in 13 years after taking over a 4-12 team.

• Favre threw into triple coverage in OT
  • He won a Super Bowl
  • Rodgers sucked and his DB fell down on purpose instead of running another 20-40 yards on a pick (and yes, he may have been a bit conservative)
  • No way they were wining in Atlanta

Anyone calling him a bad coach is an idiot.

Nobody called him a bad coach, but an overrated one. However the Green Bay front office is just as much to blame too.

Odell is a coward, just like Cam Newton before him.

He was AFRAID to go after a football just like Cam in the Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, skippyx said:

Odell is a coward, just like Cam Newton before him.

He was AFRAID to go after a football just like Cam in the Super Bowl.

Shut the hell up. The kid goes across the middle and takes shots from safeties and LBers every game. You think he's scared to fall on an onside kick? Wake up. 

He made a mistake/bad play. Don't overreact because you don't like the player. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Shut the hell up. The kid goes across the middle and takes shots from safeties and LBers every game. You think he's scared to fall on an onside kick? Wake up. 

He made a mistake/bad play. Don't overreact because you don't like the player. 

People are still on this? Dude misjudged the ball. Tumbling footballs are unpredictable. He hesitated to judge where the ball was going because few things are worse than diving and getting nothing but turf.