Sign in to follow this  
madriver

McCarthy Fired

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Was that the idiot that took the ball out of the endzone and then fumbled? Yea he deserved to get called out.

Deserved or not, you win as a team and lose as a team.  That's the code.  A team does not lay the blame at the feet of one player.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Deserved or not, you win as a team and lose as a team.  That's the code.  A team does not lay the blame at the feet of one player.

Wasn't there also reports that he did it on purpose or something?

No surprise here. I would of thought they rode him until the end of the season however, but I guess losing to the lowly Cardinals was it. I'm sure the job will be sought after by prospective head coaches. Someone that can get the defensive playing better would be a start, Rodgers has such a command on the offensive side of things you won't have to do too much there. As long as the defense isn't letting up points consistently Rodgers can keep you in/win games for you.

However a commitment to improving his pass protection will go a long way. I feel throughout Rodgers carer we are always talking about how good the WR are, but pretty sure it's him making them good and not the other way around. Give him time and he will find guys open. 

20 hours ago, 55thAndRams said:

McCarthy is just the third Super Bowl winning coach in the last 20 years to be fired (or 4th, depending on what you think of Coughlin and NYG's "mutual" parting).  You have to put together a pretty remarkable run of suckitude after a Super Bowl win to get yourself fired, I think.  

Coughlin was fired, forget all that parted ways BS, Coughlin wasn't the problem it was the GM, he had so many horrible drafts and bad FA signings it put the Giants cap hell, and the players he drafted were injury prone, former GM's last first round pick is currently hurt,  Coughlin took the blame of a **** GM who eventually got fired...

6 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

This is already looking like deja vu for Packers.  Bret Favre deja vu, where your star player starts calling all the shots and things go to shite.

7 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

No surprise here. I would of thought they rode him until the end of the season however, but I guess losing to the lowly Cardinals was it. I'm sure the job will be sought after by prospective head coaches. Someone that can get the defensive playing better would be a start, Rodgers has such a command on the offensive side of things you won't have to do too much there. As long as the defense isn't letting up points consistently Rodgers can keep you in/win games for you.

However a commitment to improving his pass protection will go a long way. I feel throughout Rodgers carer we are always talking about how good the WR are, but pretty sure it's him making them good and not the other way around. Give him time and he will find guys open. 

Coaches with that kind of record and history don't get fired mid season, even less from a franchise like the Packers.  This has Rodgers' fingerprints all over it and its not a good look.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Coaches with that kind of record and history don't get fired mid season, even less from a franchise like the Packers.  This has Rodgers' fingerprints all over it and its not a good look.

On the flip side if he was going to get fired at the end of the season anyway just do it now and get it over with.  Better for him and the team going forward, screw doing what everyone else seems as proper etiquette. 

13 hours ago, boogyman said:

On the flip side if he was going to get fired at the end of the season anyway just do it now and get it over with.  Better for him and the team going forward, screw doing what everyone else seems as proper etiquette. 

I'm thinking the Jets woulda done this before the Pack.