EagleJoe8

Week 14 Open Discussion.

75% of the season is gone. One division is clinched, and over the next couple weeks, more playoff berths will be clinched as well.

The Texans 9 game winning streak started in Indianapolis. They will go for 10 straight against the same Colts team when the Colts head down to Houston.

The Ravens have been screwing with our 2nd round pick by winning in recent weeks, but will now face a huge test as they travel to KC.

The current #2 seed Patriots, who are only a game behind KC, face a test of their own when they travel to Miami. Not a strong team at the moment, but have historically given the Pats fits when playing in Miami.

The Saints, who need to keep the Rams in their sights, travel to Tampa to try and avenge their week 1 loss to the Bucs.

The Packers will play their first game in the post McCarthy era when they host a struggling Falcons team. While not yet eliminated, GB is certainly in desperation time.

The 2nd installment of the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry will take place in Dallas. Some early trash talking should add a bit of an edge to this game. The Birds badly need this win to keep any hopes of repeating as division champions alive, which will be tough to do even if they win.

SNF should be interesting. The Rams have played a schedule mostly in good weather this season, but will now get to see how their high flying offense holds up against a decent defense in cold weather when they travel to Chicago.

Talk about the games you'll be watching.

That Colts and Texans game looks really good

Should we hope Skins win since they are so injury ridden or Giants because we swept them already?

Don't know who we're supposed to root for to help out seeding. Would a Bucs upset help us? I take it a Browns upset would help

Hawks are looking better recently and Vikings aren't

I'm sure everyone is curious what Packers will look like without McCarthy

10 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Should we hope Skins win since they are so injury ridden or Giants because we swept them already?

Umm... I guess the Giants winning means they have a worse draft spot? So I think we want the Giants to win that one. 

I’m in D.C. for the Giants game watching what might be Eli’s last start. No OBJ on offense and no Collins on defense probably means we’ll be mathematically eliminated by end of day and Lauletta will get the call next week. 

22 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I’m in D.C. for the Giants game watching what might be Eli’s last start. No OBJ on offense and no Collins on defense probably means we’ll be mathematically eliminated by end of day and Lauletta will get the call next week. 

Why no OBJ?

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

That Colts and Texans game looks really good

Don't know who we're supposed to root for to help out seeding. Would a Bucs upset help us? I take it a Browns upset would help

Hawks are looking better recently and Vikings aren't

I'm sure everyone is curious what Packers will look like without McCarthy

I would suggest a Giants win is better for reasons stated, worsening their draft slot.

A Bucs upset doesn't necessarily help us. We're not realistically catching NO, and even if we did, that would require us winning out, and them losing out, which would even us both at 10-6, and they have the head to head, so in order to pass NO, we would also need the Bears to also finish at 10-6 so that a 3 way tie nullifies the Saints head to head win over us. On the other hand, we also don't want Tampa winning because they also have a head to head win over us. It's better now for the Saints to just keep winning, especially against Tampa and Carolina who both could finish ahead of us or tied, in which case, we lose out to both.

35 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Skins are severely injured though. You guys could win

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Why no OBJ?

Quad

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Skins are severely injured though. You guys could win

Quad

Ahh. Did not know that.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Ahh. Did not know that.

Neither did I until I went to the nfl site to put it in picks lol

Didn't read the article but it said he was out for quad. They could just overuse Barkley though and get a win

3 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Didn't read the article but it said he was out for quad. They could just overuse Barkley though and get a win

Sanchez might be good for a few points producing turnovers as well.

17 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Odell's on my fantasy team. Woke up to that disappointment today, haha.

17 hours ago, mike030270 said:

That would be insane. How would the Redskins winning actually HELP the Eagles?

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That would be insane. How would the Redskins winning actually HELP the Eagles?

Because it's doubtful they win the rest of their schedule

Quite a few good games on today. Ravens/Chiefs is the big 1 PM game for me. Also the Redskins/Giants and Patriots/Dolphins games should be entertaining.

37 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Because it's doubtful they win the rest of their schedule

But how does their winning today HELP, even if they lose their other games?

17 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

But how does their winning today HELP, even if they lose their other games?

That's why there was an OR in that post

1 hour ago, metalhead0043 said:

Quite a few good games on today. Ravens/Chiefs is the big 1 PM game for me. Also the Redskins/Giants and Patriots/Dolphins games should be entertaining.

Been watching the Browns when the Eagles are in a different time slot, hope they finish out strong, those fans have suffered to long.