xzmattzx

All-Los Angeles Super Bowl?

The Rams obviously have the best record in the league.  But all of a sudden, the Chargers have the second-best record in the AFC, and play the Chiefs on Thursday.  There's a lot of football to play, but what are the chances of an all-Los Angeles Super Bowl?

Chargers are good, but I think it may be a tall order to ask them to win in KC, NE or Houston, let alone likely having to win in 2 of those places.

Neither LA team will make it there.  The Chargers won't get there. When the Rams lost Kupp, I think  there chance went out the window. He is Goff's go to receiver.

Chiefs/Bears would be interesting. Probably boring, but it'd be cool seeing the best offense vs. the best defense. 

4 hours ago, shok said:

The same as an all Penisvainia Super Bowl 

Except both PA teams are poop.

McVay has not won a playoff game as a coach. The Chargers have not been relevant in years. Sure, it could happen, but they need to win some games in the playoffs first.

15 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Chargers are good, but I think it may be a tall order to ask them to win in KC, NE or Houston, let alone likely having to win in 2 of those places.

Which is why the NFL should go to the NBA's playoff seeding format where home field is decided solely by record and division champs only get preference where it's the same record.  In this format, Chargers would be seeded third and host a wild card game and if they win that a Divisional Playoff game (teams would be re-seeded after the Wild Card round with the Chargers in that scenario moved up to a #2 seed).

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Which is why the NFL should go to the NBA's playoff seeding format where home field is decided solely by record and division champs only get preference where it's the same record.  In this format, Chargers would be seeded third and host a wild card game and if they win that a Divisional Playoff game (teams would be re-seeded after the Wild Card round with the Chargers in that scenario moved up to a #2 seed).

Nah. I still don’t like that idea. If winning a division isn’t enough to warrant at least one home playoff game, then I don’t see why it should warrant a playoff berth at all if said team is not one of the six best records in the conference. 

I'll tell you what... I do think if the Chargers can get Gordon back for the play offs then they have a great great chance. To me they are the most balanced AFC side. 

14 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Chiefs/Bears would be interesting. Probably boring, but it'd be cool seeing the best offense vs. the best defense. 

Aren't Ravens listed as the best defense?

6 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Aren't Ravens listed as the best defense?

Good point. Bills are actually ranked 1st, Ravens 2nd, and Bears 3rd. Guess I was thinking NFC’s best defense.

47 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Good point. Bills are actually ranked 1st, Ravens 2nd, and Bears 3rd. Guess I was thinking NFC’s best defense.

FB_IMG_1544492764007.thumb.jpg.f4f22e35c1c4fa46e3107e287bd466a1.jpg

Rams maybe. Chargers? I don't think so. Not because of the Chiefs though, as others are saying. The Chiefs always choke. I mean.... AR always chokes. 

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Nah. I still don’t like that idea. If winning a division isn’t enough to warrant at least one home playoff game, then I don’t see why it should warrant a playoff berth at all if said team is not one of the six best records in the conference. 

The second best team in the conference deserves a home game more than a team that wins a weak division.  I'd rather have it where winning your division ONLY guarantees a playoff berth, nothing more.  This way a 7-9 or 8-8 division champ can't host a playoff game and often will be seeded dead last. 

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

The second best team in the conference deserves a home game more than a team that wins a weak division.  I'd rather have it where winning your division ONLY guarantees a playoff berth, nothing more.  This way a 7-9 or 8-8 division champ can't host a playoff game and often will be seeded dead last. 

The 2nd best team in the conference typically does have a home game. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The 2nd best team in the conference typically does have a home game. 

Not always.  That's the point of seeding solely by record.  If it just happens the two best teams in a conference are in the same division, then the wild card should get home field for the Wild Card round AND if such team advances the Divisional round over a division champion who got a bye because such had the second best record of the division champions (as in a re-seeding following the Wild Card round, such wild card would move up from 3 to 2 on the seed line the way it's done for the second round of the NBA Playoffs).  

In my format, winning your division only guarantees a playoff berth and having the second best record of the division champs ONLY guarantees a first-round bye.  Could you imagine for instance a Week 17 scenario where the Chargers, Texas and Pats have all clinched berths, but ALL have to play out because if the Chargers finish with a better record they host the divisional playoff round in addition to a Wild Card game they would get for second best record in the conference? 

9 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Man you right coasters would be soo hurty butty...

At this point, I'm not bothered by any scenario that doesn't have Dallas in the Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, madriver said:

Chargers just lost TWO running backs.  They are toast. 

They have a third in Justin Jackson who is proving he may be serious competition for Melvin Gordon next season.