wrestlevessel

Why Does Eli Manning Never Get Injured?

Wentz already injury prone getting injured twice in two years. Eli Manning has had a career for 14 years and never got injured even once. The Giants must have some great karma. If their next QB avoids injuries too that will make me angry as it is not fair. 

25 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Wentz already injury prone getting injured twice in two years. Eli Manning has had a career for 14 years and never got injured even once. The Giants must have some great karma. If their next QB avoids injuries too that will make me angry as it is not fair. 

He never gets hurt because it's so much fun to watch you melt down. Even Eli knows about your psychotic breakdowns:roll:

Flacco was that way for awhile too. Rivers and Brees always seem to be healthy. Matt Ryan too. Hmmm, maybe a few more.

Interesting question. 

9 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Flacco was that way for awhile too. Rivers and Brees always seem to be healthy. Matt Ryan too. Hmmm, maybe a few more.

But what do all those QBs have in common? They are pocket passers. Look at the injuries that Rodgers, Big Ben and others have had over the years and they accumulate a lot more hits and a lot are outside the pocket. 

I'm not saying you don't get hurt in the pocket but there must be some kind of correlation there? 

Mobile QBs who stretch plays take more hits than QBs who simply fall down in the pocket.

For the record, Eli has been injured. 

Separated throwing shoulder

Sprained throwing elbow

Plantar Fasciitis

He's usually just been able to play through it and yeah. ...

... He often crumples to the ground when hes about to get hit..

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Plantar Fasciitis

I was just about to say that I thought I remembered him having that. I have it right now in my left foot and have had it in my right foot as well.

He drops to the ground when the play is busted because he doesn't climb the pocket to escape pass rush.

Would rather just throw it to the other team than get smoked

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just about to say that I thought I remembered him having that. I have it right now in my left foot and have had it in my right foot as well.

I've had it in my right foot before. Hurts like hell.

2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I've had it in my right foot before. Hurts like hell.

Yeah, I can hardly walk, first thing out of bed. Unfortunately, it's a recurrent issue for me which I believe is due to the knee brace that I wear on whichever knee is giving me the most trouble.

Right now, I have plantar fasciitis in the left foot and achilles tendonitis in the right, though it's not bothering me so much at the moment.

I have had plantar fasciitis too. It sucks. I think it is because I have flat feet. I do these stair stretches and roll my foot with a water bottle but I can never get rid of it completely. I can manage the pain now with walking, playing sports, and everything. However, when I go for runs it still hurts  sometimes. 

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But what do all those QBs have in common? They are pocket passers. Look at the injuries that Rodgers, Big Ben and others have had over the years and they accumulate a lot more hits and a lot are outside the pocket. 

I'm not saying you don't get hurt in the pocket but there must be some kind of correlation there? 

I suspect guys that are not mobile tend to get rid of the ball a little faster. 

Made a deal with the devil 

Devil: "Alright so I'll make it so you never miss a game due to injury, but in return you have to walk around with dope face for your entire career"

Eli: done

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Agreed! Plus they are protected by the rules more whereas as soon as a more mobile QB takes off he is considered a running player at that point and not protected like a QB. 

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I can hardly walk, first thing out of bed. Unfortunately, it's a recurrent issue for me which I believe is due to the knee brace that I wear on whichever knee is giving me the most trouble.

Right now, I have plantar fasciitis in the left foot and achilles tendonitis in the right, though it's not bothering me so much at the moment.

Sorry to hear. Hope you get it all taken care of eventually. I'd only wish that kind of pain on a handful of people

13 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

I have had plantar fasciitis too. It sucks. I think it is because I have flat feet. I do these stair stretches and roll my foot with a water bottle but I can never get rid of it completely. I can manage the pain now with walking, playing sports, and everything. However, when I go for runs it still hurts  sometimes. 

Same. I've got flat feet too. It really sucks

15 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

But until Mcadoo I feel Eli held the ball a lot. I actually thought his strength as a younger player was hanging in as long as possibly and delivering deep passes. He took tons of shots holding the ball for a long time.

22 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Sprained throwing elbow

Plantar Fasciitis

Looking back at the 2009 season, Eli stats took a hit when he had Plantar, he has some really horrible games in the weeks following his diagnosis, most of this is hindsight since fans blame him and the defense for the failure of the 09 season, but dude was playing hurt...

On 12/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, pencil face said:

Eli folds up quickly before the hit...

23 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Sprained throwing elbow

Plantar Fasciitis

Seems this is the secret sauce. Nobody does it better

On 12/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Seems this is the secret sauce. Nobody does it better

Veteran QBs, especially the good ones, have learned to get rid of the ball before getting hit, or learn how not to take a bad hit. This comment and the one by pisceschica above about Brady illustrate this. If you are going to get hit, get down or at least protect yourself.

Prescott has issues getting rid of the ball. But he doesn't get hit like most.. you know, pressure coming, gets rid of ball at last second, takes hit... he just gets sacked. But, when he does, its usually him getting dragged down, not getting freight-trained by some D-lineman. If he sees a defender with a clean shot he cant avoid, he turns and protects himself. And he is a big guy, for a QB, so he can take some hits.

Some QBs stand in the pocket until a 280-300 lb D-lineman runs him over and plows him into the turf, and doesn't seem to protect themselves as well. While that may seem admirable to be the "brave QB who stands tall in the pocket until the last second and takes the hit while throwing the last second pass..." it's not that conducive to a long career.

I remember reading about Peyton Manning, and how he dealt with injury in Denver. He had to learn to never hold the ball... drop back, read, nothing, throw it away.. never wait for a receiver to come open, either you have an open receiver or you don't. Drop, read, throw... whether to a receiver or out of bounds, throw. Never hold... Don't take hits.