Sign in to follow this  
Prime

Rooting hard AF for Andy and the "Chefs"...

Go Andy, go Travis, go get a ring. Andy deserves it. Would be kinda cool if if Jason and Travis both get one in back to back seasons. Imagine Travis trying to top Jason's speech. 

Imagine Thanksgiving at the Kelce family table if the Chiefs win it all.

21 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

I'm going hard for the Texans first then KC as a backup. 

I'll go chargers then Texans then nobody

Never will root for Fatboy after all his chokes and squandered chances. Literally had multiple family members & friends die before the Eagles ever won it all. He’s at the top of the blame list. History tells you he won’t. Especially since he now has had 2 of the biggest playoff chokes in NFL History in just 6 short years (with KC).

1 minute ago, No1BirdsFan said:

Never will root for Fatboy after all his chokes and squandered chances. Literally had multiple family members & friends die before the Eagles ever won it all. He’s at the top of the blame list. History tells you he won’t. Especially since he now has had 2 of the biggest playoff chokes in NFL History in just 6 short years (with KC).

I've never put it this bluntly but, for the most part that is why I won't root for him

9 hours ago, No1BirdsFan said:

I blame Chip, Ray Rhodes, Kotite, Buddy Ryan, etc. before I blame AR. Reid made the team relevant again. I even blame Banner and Heckert for being cheapskates and not stacking the roster when they were good. Yes, Reid tends to make coaching blunders in the heat of the moment, but there's more to it than that. You have to be good enough to get the team to that moment.

19 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I've never put it this bluntly but, for the most part that is why I won't root for him

Me neither. I fell off his bandwagon after the Super Bowl loss in 2005. I don't owe him anything.

Reid's years here, 1999 - 2012, were filled with cheap thrills and some nice stats. But they were

also filled with a number of  CRUSHING  defeats. The three lost NFC Champ games, the Super Bowl 

loss and the back-to-back losses to the Bucs in our last game ever at the Vet and the opener at the

Linc all come to mind. You could also throw in McNabb's last two games as an Eagle . . . both 

CRUSHING  losses to the Dallas Cowpies with McNabb playing 'Air Guitar' in the tunnel in Dallas but

hey! Who's counting?? But really, the only stat that matters is the Super Bowl win . . . and that is a stat

I think AR will never achieve. His stats with KC are nearly identical with his first years here . . . worse,

in fact, in terms of AFC Championships reached. There's a 'Cult Of Reid' out there (like McNabb) who

gush over his achievements while ignoring or down-playing his failures. You can have Reid & McNabb

up to yer eyeballs for all I care. If Pederson never even goes to another Super Bowl at least we have

last year to thank him (and Foles) for in perpetuity.

And that's a  HELLUVA  lot better than the Reid / McNabb chokers club.  

I'd kind of like to see Texans go because of Watt.

If Chargers went and won it then it'd probably cement Rivers into the hall

It'd be funny if Steelers did go and win it without Bell though

We shouldn't root against Reid. He is the textbook case of spoiling a fan base. And now we got like a Reid Jr with Chip Kelly in between. Not to mention he is AFC. Theres literally no reason not to support and root for this man. Then again some of you already hate Wentz and think Goedert is better than Ertz, so I get it. 

3 hours ago, Geddy11 said:

would be nice to see Brees get another one.

I wouldn't mind if Brees got another one before he goes. BTW any idea how long he plans to play?

33 minutes ago, st0nedsk8er said:

We shouldn't root against Reid. He is the textbook case of spoiling a fan base. And now we got like a Reid Jr with Chip Kelly in between. Not to mention he is AFC. Theres literally no reason not to support and root for this man. Then again some of you already hate Wentz and think Goedert is better than Ertz, so I get it. 

Love Wentz, Ertz is in the record books so that's impossible. I don't feel like there's an obligation to root for AR just because he was the HC. I don't root for him to fail either though. I'm more meh about his career

We got ours so I'm all for Andy getting one.  Say what you want but he's a good coach.

If not then either Rivers or Brees.

14 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I wouldn't mind if Brees got another one before he goes. BTW any idea how long he plans to play?

Love Wentz, Ertz is in the record books so that's impossible. I don't feel like there's an obligation to root for AR just because he was the HC. I don't root for him to fail either though. I'm more meh about his career

Right...its an not an obligation but rooting against him makes a clueless dakhead IMO lol..(mods is that ok? Dont want more warning points for "masking profanity") dont be daks 😂

Barring a Foles miracle, I would be ok seeing Andy raise the Lombardi this year.   But, you just know even with Mahomes, Andy will be in a playoff game and burn his time outs and not be able to stop the clock, probably against the Patriots in an AFC Championship game.   It's just like death, you know you can't stop it from happening.

The thing with Andy Reid is that while he drove me nuts for probably 11 of those 14 years he was here with his pass happy attack with no receivers, I never felt there was malice in his decision making. To me, he wasn't intentionally accomplishing less to prove a point. It was just what he believed in, and he stuck with it to a fault. I felt his heart was always in the right place even when I thought his head took a vacation. For that reason, I hope he does get a SB ring before he's done and if he denied the Rams in the SB  to do it, I'd like that. 

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Andy Reid drove me nuts for probably 11 of his 14 years here with his pass happy attack with no receivers. I felt his heart was always in the right place even when I thought his head took a vacation. For that reason, I hope he does get a SB ring before he's done and if he denied the Rams in the SB  to do it, I'd like that. 

I would too . . . but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.  

Last couple of weeks teams seem to be figuring out how to slow down both the Chiefs and the Rams. I could see both teams going one and done in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, madriver said:

Last couple of weeks teams seem to be figuring out how to slow down both the Chiefs and the Rams. I could see both teams going one and done in the playoffs.

Definitely the rams I’d they have to face the bears. I don’t think Andy has won a playoff game in KC 🤔 

15 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Definitely the rams I’d they have to face the bears. I don’t think Andy has won a playoff game in KC 🤔 

He’s got 1. A 30-0 win in Houston a few years back. 

Eagles or the AFC. That's how I root in the big game. I think there was one year I was pulling for Seattle because it would upset all the 49ers fans I work with. Seattle won that year. The next go around I rooted for the Patriots. 

Andy could really help our playoff chances if he beats Seattle this week. In that scenario, even if the Vikings beat the Lions, we would be heading into week 17 with either Seahawks or Vikings losing giving us a playoff spot.