Bacarty2

Predict week 17 flex game

7 hours ago, BCEagle said:

For both teams. Texans have a shot at HFA if they win out and the Chiefs lose at least once. On a side note, the Texans are playing much better football than the Rams right now.

Texans Lose a Tiebreaker to Patriots

1 hour ago, Baynit said:

That would have upset me...  Only way I get this game in my home Sunday is by keeping the Ravens/Chargers Saturday night, the Eagles/Texans Sunday at 1 and the Steelers/Saints Sunday at 430.  All would be CBS games.

That's actually not true because the Ravens/Chargers game would have been a late afternoon start with the game being played in Los Angeles.

19 minutes ago, AlpineEagle said:

If the Texans win out, they finish with a better overall record than the Patriots.

1 hour ago, CHIP72 said:

That's actually not true because the Ravens/Chargers game would have been a late afternoon start with the game being played in Los Angeles.

If the Texans win out, they finish with a better overall record than the Patriots.

I think you missed my point.  The Steelers and Ravens always take priority over the Eagles on cbs in the Harrisburg market.  If for some reason the NFL decided to flex the Eagles/Texans, only way the game is being shown here in my home is if somehow the Steelers/Saints game is flexed out of the 430 spot.  No matter what the deal is with the Ravens/Chargers game.  CBS views the Harrisburg area in the Primary Ravens market and views Harrisburg as a secodary Pittsburgh market.  Even if the Eagles/Texans were the national game on CBS that week.  If Pittsburgh or Baltimore had a CBS game at the same time my home would get one of those two teams.  All this despite the fact that Pittsburgh is twice as far as Philadelphia and Baltimore is in another state...

Fortunately it's a moot point most of the time with the majority of the Eagles games being fox games.   Conversely if ever there's a conflict on FOX with the above teams.  Fox shows the Eagles.  

8 hours ago, BCEagle said:

Nope.  The Rams haven't been good since they lost Kupp. Problems on offense and defense. 

One guy?  Jesus, we lost all three captains and about 10 important guys last year and won the whole damn thing. 

1 hour ago, Baynit said:

I think you missed my point.  The Steelers and Ravens always take priority over the Eagles on cbs in the Harrisburg market.  If for some reason the NFL decided to flex the Eagles/Texans, only way the game is being shown here in my home is if somehow the Steelers/Saints game is flexed out of the 430 spot.  No matter what the deal is with the Ravens/Chargers game.  CBS views the Harrisburg area in the Primary Ravens market and views Harrisburg as a secodary Pittsburgh market.  Even if the Eagles/Texans were the national game on CBS that week.  If Pittsburgh or Baltimore had a CBS game at the same time my home would get one of those two teams.  All this despite the fact that Pittsburgh is twice as far as Philadelphia and Baltimore is in another state...

Fortunately it's a moot point most of the time with the majority of the Eagles games being fox games.   Conversely if ever there's a conflict on FOX with the above teams.  Fox shows the Eagles.  

I didn't miss your point - I'm saying both the Ravens/Chargers and Steelers/Saints games would have been late afternoon games, the former because it was played in Los Angeles, the latter because it was selected before the season as the featured late afternoon doubleheader game.  CBS can show two games on Sunday (they have the doubleheader), and in the Harrisburg/Lancaster/York TV market, the Texans/Eagles game would have been shown at 1 PM even if the Ravens game was played on Sunday.  (The Ravens/Chargers game would have been shown at 4:25 PM ET on CBS, or 4:05 PM ET on Fox if the game was cross-flexed, due to the Ravens claiming south central PA as a secondary market due to Baltimore's proximity to the region.  Steelers fans would have lost out had the Ravens game stayed on Sunday and been televised on CBS.)

P.S. I lived in the Harrisburg area from mid-2000 to early 2008.  I know how things work with NFL games in that area.

6 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

I didn't miss your point - I'm saying both the Ravens/Chargers and Steelers/Saints games would have been late afternoon games, the former because it was played in Los Angeles, the latter because it was selected before the season as the featured late afternoon doubleheader game.  CBS can show two games on Sunday (they have the doubleheader), and in the Harrisburg/Lancaster/York TV market, the Texans/Eagles game would have been shown at 1 PM even if the Ravens game was played on Sunday.  (The Ravens/Chargers game would have been shown at 4:25 PM ET on CBS, or 4:05 PM ET on Fox if the game was cross-flexed, due to the Ravens claiming south central PA as a secondary market due to Baltimore's proximity to the region.)

P.S. I lived in the Harrisburg area from mid-2000 to early 2008.

Initially I was replying to a post about the Eagles/Texans being flexed to 430...  This is what I think is confusing you.  So in this hypothetical discussion if the Eagles and Texans are flexed to 430 and the Steelers/Saints kept at 430 we'd be seeing Pittsburgh.  No matter what the deal is with the Ravens game.  They could play that game whenever they wanted we'd still be seeing Pittsburgh...Unless of course one of the games got cross flexed to fox... If both the Pittsburgh and Philly games were 430 CBS games we'd get Pitt.  

3 hours ago, AlpineEagle said:

Texans 10-4 and Patriots are 9-5. I thought the Texans owned the tiebreaker over the Chiefs, but they don't.

8 hours ago, Baynit said:

Initially I was replying to a post about the Eagles/Texans being flexed to 430...  This is what I think is confusing you.  So in this hypothetical discussion if the Eagles and Texans are flexed to 430 and the Steelers/Saints kept at 430 we'd be seeing Pittsburgh.  No matter what the deal is with the Ravens game.  They could play that game whenever they wanted we'd still be seeing Pittsburgh...Unless of course one of the games got cross flexed to fox... If both the Pittsburgh and Philly games were 430 CBS games we'd get Pitt.  

Yes, if the Texans/Eagles game was moved to 4:25 PM ET on CBS, the Eagles game would have not been televised in south central PA.  (Now if the game was in Houston and then cross-flexed to CBS, that would have been a different story.)  Having said that, there was pretty much a 0% chance that game was going to move to 4:25 PM ET, and quite frankly I'm unsure why anyone (not you, but the person you responded to) would have suggested that as a possibility.  From an objective standpoint, the Texans/Eagles game is CBS' best game this Sunday in the 1 PM ET time slot, but it is clearly inferior to the Steelers/Saints game at 4:25 PM ET.  It wouldn't have made any sense for CBS to put its second-best game of the day at the same time as their best game of the day when they have the doubleheader, unless both games were played in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zones and neither game was flexed to NBC SNF.

19 hours ago, dungaroo said:

This Eagles Texans game should have been flexed to 4:30 IMO. This game is huge regardless.

The Texans/Eagles game is a bigger and more attractive game than the Steelers/Saints game?  Really?  It wouldn't make any sense for CBS to put the Texans/Eagles game, their second-best game of the day, at the same time as the Steelers/Saints game, their best game of the day, when CBS has the doubleheader unless both games had to be played at the same time.  (It also wouldn't have made sense for the NFL and NBC to flex the Texans/Eagles game to Sunday night because objectively-speaking the Chiefs/Seahawks game is also a better game.)  As it is, a majority of the U.S. will get the Texans/Eagles game on CBS at 1 PM ET.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, dungaroo said:

This Eagles Texans game should have been flexed to 4:30 IMO. This game is huge regardless.

Was never going to happen.  Steelers-Saints is the sexier national matchup and had been scheduled all along for 4:25 PM.  Texans-Eagles IS the main 1:00 PM game on CBS.  Practically everywhere that doesn't have a local or regional interest in one of the other CBS games at 1:00 (except Atlanta, Detroit and Dallas, who have home games on FOX at 1:00) is getting that game.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

Depends on how the week 16 games shake out. 

If the Eagles and Skins win and the Vikings lose to the Lions, Eagles/Skins essentially becomes a playoff game with the winner getting in and the loser being out. I think that's your Sunday nighter in week 17 if this week plays out like that. 

This I like!  It’ll kick off my New Years festivities on a very very magnificent high note!  🦅🍺🍻🦅🍻🍺🍾 barkeep,  bud lights for everyone! 

Currently for Week 17

1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT

AFC: Jets @ Patriots, Dolphins @ Bills, Bengals @ Steelers, Browns @ Ravens, Texans @ Jaguars, Colts @ Titans, & Raiders @ Chiefs

NFC: Cowboys @ Giants, Eagles @ Redskins, Bears @ Vikings, Lions @ Packers, Panthers @ Saints, & Falcons @ Buccaneers

4:25 PM ET/1:25 PM PT

AFC: Chargers @ Broncos

NFC: Forty Niners @ Rams, & Cardinals @ Seahawks

Just now, AlpineEagle said:

Currently for Week 17

AFC: Jets @ Patriots, Dolphins @ Bills, Bengals @ Steelers, Browns @ Ravens, Texans @ Jaguars, Colts @ Titans, & Raiders @ Chiefs

NFC: Cowboys @ Giants, Eagles @ Redskins, Bears @ Vikings, Lions @ Packers, Panthers @ Saints, & Falcons @ Buccaneers

My Predict to be Moved to 4:25

AFC: Bengals @ Steelers, Browns @ Ravens, Raiders @ Chiefs, & Colts @ Titans

NFC: Bears @ Vikings

My Predict of CBS and FOX

1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT: CBS: NYJ @ NE, MIA @ BUF, HOU @ JAX, & FOX: DAL @ NYG, PHI @ WSH, DET @ GB, ATL @ TB

4:25 PM ET/1:25 PM PT: CBS: CIN @ PIT, CLE @ BAL, & OAK @ KC LAC @ DEN, & FOX: CHI @ MIN IND @ TEN, SF @ LAR, & ARZ @ SEA

20 hours ago, AlpineEagle said:

Currently for Week 17

Here's how I see it playing out:
1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT:
MIA-BUF, DET-GB, OAK-KC, NYJ-NE, CAR-NO, DAL-NYG, ATL-TB, JAX-HOU, LAC-DEN (yes, I think they make this an 11:00 AM local start)

4:25 PM/1:25 PM PT:
CHI-MIN, CIN-PIT, PHI-WAS, CLE-BAL, SF-LA, AZ-SEA

8:20 PM ET/5:20 PM PT:
IND-TEN

This has a handful of meaningful games to some degree at 1:00 (including Denver as noted with a rare 11:00 AM local time start) and the more meaningful games at 4:25 with Colts-Titans the Sunday night game.  Colts-Titans can actually be for the AFC South if the Jags somehow beat the Texans earlier but is a winner-take-all game regardless (with the twist of if the Steelers win, their getting in if Colts-Titans ends in a five-quarter tie AND the Ravens beat the Browns for the AFC North). 

20 hours ago, AlpineEagle said:

My Predict to be Moved to 4:25

AFC: Bengals @ Steelers, Browns @ Ravens, Raiders @ Chiefs, & Colts @ Titans

NFC: Bears @ Vikings

My Predict of CBS and FOX

1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT: CBS: NYJ @ NE, MIA @ BUF, HOU @ JAX, & FOX: DAL @ NYG, PHI @ WSH, DET @ GB, ATL @ TB

4:25 PM ET/1:25 PM PT: CBS: CIN @ PIT, CLE @ BAL, & OAK @ KC LAC @ DEN, & FOX: CHI @ MIN IND @ TEN, SF @ LAR, & ARZ @ SEA

As noted, IND @ TEN is almost certain to be Sunday Night Football at 8:20 as it is guaranteed to be win-and-in regardless of what happens earlier.  Only twist is if the Ravens and Steelers win, the Steelers get the berth if Colts-Titans ends in a five-quarter tie.