Bacarty2

Predict week 17 flex game

Was thinking about this in the other thread and how it will effect the Eagles. Hypothetically, lets say everything goes accordingly and it comes to week 17, the time of the games will effect the the Eagles directly. 

Ex - If the bears/Vikings get flexed, the bears will know before kick off if they have a chance at the 2 seed, or they can sit there starters.

- Maybe they go Carolina/Saints if Carolina wins week 16?

- looks like Tennessee vs Indy would be a win and your in game. 

But we(eagles fans) cant have the bears game flexed. 

Depends on how the week 16 games shake out. 

If the Eagles and Skins win and the Vikings lose to the Lions, Eagles/Skins essentially becomes a playoff game with the winner getting in and the loser being out. I think that's your Sunday nighter in week 17 if this week plays out like that. 

Eagles/Redskins could be win and in, if they both win this week and Vikings lose.

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Eagles/Redskins could be win and in, if they both win this week and Vikings lose.

id be more then ok with that. My week 16 predictions have 

Eagles winning / Skins losing / Vikings I truly think are gonna have a tough game. 

7 minutes ago, toolg said:

It would also have implications for the Vikings and Seahawks depending on how both of those teams do in week 17 as well. There are a few scenarios out there where if Eagles/Redskins is the final Sunday nighter, the winner of that game is in and either the Vikings or Seahawks gets the other wild card depending on who won. Now that's drama. 

in the end we are really looking for the Lions to Beat the Vikings...AND the Bears to beat the 9ers. both will be tough games. IF you think the bears will have a cake walk against the 9ers you havent watched the 9ers the last couple weeks.

Vikings win and bears loose next week is our worst nightmare. 

clearly we are all hoping for a Dallas loss...no matter what position they are in. 

4 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Depends on how the week 16 games shake out. 

If the Eagles and Skins win and the Vikings lose to the Lions, Eagles/Skins essentially becomes a playoff game with the winner getting in and the loser being out. I think that's your Sunday nighter in week 17 if this week plays out like that. 

I think Colts-Titans for 6th seed in the AFC may be the better game.

It'll be one of the two potential "win and in's" either Eagles/Skins or Titans/Colts.  If neither scenario is in play, then Vikes/Bears.

1 hour ago, BCEagle said:

Yeah but Philadelphia and Washington are larger TV markets with much bigger national fan bases.  

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It'll be one of the two potential "win and in's" either Eagles/Skins or Titans/Colts.  If neither scenario is in play, then Vikes/Bears.

Assuming 

1. Eagles beat Texans and Washington

2. Vikings go 1-1

3. Seattle loses to KC

Seattle/Arizona then becomes a win and in for the Seahawks also. 

47 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Why predict when the week 16 games haven’t been played yet

because we’re taters?

15 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Why predict when the week 16 games haven’t been played yet

you mean like how people predict a 17 week win/loss schedule every year?

how people predict the superbowl champions in the beginning of the year. 

How theres no less then a dozen articles locally predicting the 53 man roster months out?

How about a mock draft that still 5 months away. 

But yes, having a prediction for something that will be announced 6 days from now is totally obnoxious and unheard of. 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:06 PM, BCEagle said:

That is almost certain to be the flex IF the Ravens lose Saturday and both the Colts and Titans win Sunday. (only way in that scenario neither of those two get in if the Ravens beat the Browns in Week 17 AND Colts-Titans ends in a five-quarter tie).  

58 minutes ago, dungaroo said:

This Eagles Texans game should have been flexed to 4:30 IMO. This game is huge regardless.

For both teams. Texans have a shot at HFA if they win out and the Chiefs lose at least once. On a side note, the Texans are playing much better football than the Rams right now.

For both teams. Texans have a shot at HFA if they win out and the Chiefs lose at least once. On a side note, the Texans are playing much better football than the Rams right now.

is that sarcasm?

21 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

is that sarcasm?

Nope.  The Rams haven't been good since they lost Kupp. Problems on offense and defense. 

Nope.  The Rams haven't been good since they lost Kupp. Problems on offense and defense. 

guess you didn't see any of the game  last week. 

Houston looked like dog crap against the jets. Jets took away the running game and Houston looked bad. real bad. 1-9 on 3rd downs. Jets dominated in the possession category too. and O ya, the colts went into Houston and dominated them. the last 2 games the Texans are 5 for 25 on 3rd downs. I also believe Lamar Miller is hurt right now too

The Colts/Titans game is the most likely game to be flexed, but the Eagles/Redskins game is a candidate if both teams win and the Vikings lose this weekend (which would make the Eagles/Redskins game a win and in/lose and out game for both teams).  Games like Cowboys/Giants and Cardinals/Seahawks could also be the Week 17 NBC SNF game if the Cowboys or Seahawks face win and in/lose and out scenarios (which is what would happen if the Eagles and Redskins both win and the Cowboys lose in Week 16 in the first scenario, and the Eagles, Redskins, and Vikings all win and the Seahawks lose in Week 16 in the second scenario).  The Bears/Vikings game actually is not likely to be the Week 17 NBC SNF game IMO because the Vikings are not guaranteed to have a win and in/lose and out game against Chicago (i.e. depending on what happens this weekend, the Vikings could already be in the playoffs or eliminated from the playoffs prior to playing in Week 17 if the CHI/MIN game is the last game of the NFL regular season).

7 hours ago, dungaroo said:

This Eagles Texans game should have been flexed to 4:30 IMO. This game is huge regardless.

That would have upset me...  Only way I get this game in my home Sunday is by keeping the Ravens/Chargers Saturday night, the Eagles/Texans Sunday at 1 and the Steelers/Saints Sunday at 430.  All would be CBS games.