Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

The folks on 98.7 ESPN in New York have been making noise for a bit now that the Giants should ditch Eli and replace him with Nick Foles, at least as a stopgap until they can get a quarterback.

Given there are several teams that may want a QB but might like this coming year's draft class, I can see Foles getting a megabucks deal elsewhere this offseason if he doesn't come back here. 

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm saying Jags but bad stomach feeling says Skins.

Agree on the Jags.  I suspect he would have been the Jags QB this season were it not for the fact the Jags had to guarantee Blake Bortles's contract once it was found out he was injured with the Jags meeting the Eagles price of a 1 and a 4 or even possibly a 1 and a 3 for Foles.  

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Why? It's not like he'll elevate that team without weapons outside of Reed when healthy. If you listen to what he says, if he's not brought back to Philly more than likely he'll retire. 

I was discussing with a coworker that the Giants could make a play. But it's a little tricky because I think Foles would do well enough that the Giants wouldn't be able to draft high and get a QB they'd like. If I'm the Giants i'd take the rest of the season and take a shot at one of the QBs in this upcoming draft. They don't need a world beater, but a guy who can command a team and make precise throws.

1 hour ago, heavywchamp said:

Why? It's not like he'll elevate that team without weapons outside of Reed when healthy. If you listen to what he says, if he's not brought back to Philly more than likely he'll retire. 

I agree. He is not going to want a repeat of the Rams experience.  I just don't see him wanting to go anywhere else. Unless there is a solid coaching  staff and a quality supporting team surrounding him. And who can blame him? Isn't that what all QB's would love to have ? But if he can't find a team that can offer him that. And the Eagles choose not to retain him (contract option) than I agree, I think he would rather retire. 

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Nick Foles, at least as a stopgap until they can get a quarterback.

31 NFL teams opinion of Nick Foles.  Meanwhile some of our fans think we should trade Carson Wentz.  Comedy.

17 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I can almost guarantee that it won't be the Redskins.

1. They have a TON of money going to Alex Smith, now all fully guaranteed because of the injury.  For financial reasons alone, I think Alex Smith stays on the roster next season, but I doubt he will play.
  2. Redskins really like Colt McCoy, who may actually try to play in week 17 against us.  

Jags or Dolphins would really benefit from Nick.  I still think he's coming back.  I don't think he wants to leave Philly.

3 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I can almost guarantee that it won't be the Redskins.

1. They have a TON of money going to Alex Smith, now all fully guaranteed because of the injury.  For financial reasons alone, I think Alex Smith stays on the roster next season, but I doubt he will play.
  2. Redskins really like Colt McCoy, who may actually try to play in week 17 against us.  

Jags or Dolphins would really benefit from Nick.  I still think he's coming back.  I don't think he wants to leave Philly.

Alex Smith is sunk cost.  Miami situation is interesting cuz Tannehill has actually had a pretty good season.  Like I said I picked Jags and could see Foles having a Mark Brunell type career over there.  But you know the Skins, they are willing to gouge two eyes to take one out for the Eagles (Trotter).  They also have a veteran team so i could totally see them doing it.  Colt Mccoy is a backup and has never been anything more than that.  He had his chance to prove himself and hurt his knee on a blade of grass.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Alex Smith is sunk cost.  Miami situation is interesting cuz Tannehill has actually had a pretty good season.  Like I said I picked Jags and could see Foles having a Mark Brunell type career over there.  But you know the Skins, they are willing to gouge two eyes to take one out for the Eagles (Trotter).  They also have a veteran team so i could totally see them doing it.  Colt Mccoy is a backup and has never been anything more than that.  He had his chance to prove himself and hurt his knee on a blade of grass.

I see the Jags because Tom Coughlin (who were it not for Hue Jackson taking the Browns job before the Giants could interview him would have likely wound up here as the Eagles HC instead of Doug) coached against Nick with the Giants and is very familiar with Nick.  I suspect Coughlin makes a serious run at Foles and he might offer him five years/$100 Million/$40-50 Million guaranteed to bring Foles to Jacksonville.  That would be a Coughlin-like move and something I think Doug Marrone would also want. 

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

31 NFL teams opinion of Nick Foles.  Meanwhile some of our fans think we should trade Carson Wentz.  Comedy.

Actually, not true.  The teams I mentioned are to me the most likely to come after Foles.  Jacksonville has a major hiccup and Foles is young enough to take over and put the Jags right back in contention to take the AFC, especially with the Patriots declining.

Speaking of the Pats, with Tom Brady in the eyes of some showing his age, could Belichek, wanting to prove he can win without Brady get Robert Kraft to get Brady to retire and bring in Nick to try to make one last run at a title?    

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Actually, not true.  The teams I mentioned are to me the most likely to come after Foles.  Jacksonville has a major hiccup and Foles is young enough to take over and put the Jags right back in contention to take the AFC, especially with the Patriots declining.

Speaking of the Pats, with Tom Brady in the eyes of some showing his age, could Belichek, wanting to prove he can win without Brady get Robert Kraft to get Brady to retire and bring in Nick to try to make one last run at a title?    

It's not outside the realm of possibility, but only if Brady decides to hang it up. They won't force him to do so.

23 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I was discussing with a coworker that the Giants could make a play. But it's a little tricky because I think Foles would do well enough that the Giants wouldn't be able to draft high and get a QB they'd like. If I'm the Giants i'd take the rest of the season and take a shot at one of the QBs in this upcoming draft. They don't need a world beater, but a guy who can command a team and make precise throws.

I see the Giants trading up for a qb

23 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

From what I've read in the NY Post the Gmen aren't interested in a 'bridge' type QB. Why would they be? They already have Eli. 

The problem is:  the 2019 QB class is pretty bleak and full of risk no matter where they turn. No Goffs & Wentzs to be had.

Getting the popcorn & Margaritas ready . . . 🍸

9 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

How could he???

"YOU  WANT  PHILLY  PHILLY?"    will live forever!

The Bud Lite statue of Foles & Pederson is at the Linc forever!

PLEASE!!  ST. NICK!!  SAY  IT  ISN'T  SO!!

32 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

I see the Giants trading up for a qb

Yea they certainly could do that. 

Just now, McNabbIsGone said:

From what I've read in the NY Post the Gmen aren't interested in a 'bridge' type QB. Why would they be? They already have Eli. 

The problem is:  the 2019 QB class is pretty bleak and full of risk no matter where they turn. No Goffs & Wentzs to be had.

Getting the popcorn & Margaritas ready . . . 🍸

I agree with that thought process, but I am curious if the Giants think that Foles can be the QB for an intermediate length of time.

22 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes, and those 31 teams didnt win the sb, meanwhile Foles was lighting the world on fire the the NFCCG & the SB.

Nobody wanted Foles other than Andy & Doug. I guess that means no one else knew D because we ended up with a sb mvp.

7 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility, but only if Brady decides to hang it up. They won't force him to do so.

I know, but I could see Belichek if Brady really falters in the postseason looking to push Brady into retirement and bringing Nick in as a hired gun to give Bill one last title as Pats HC. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

I know, but I could see Belichek if Brady really falters in the postseason looking to push Brady into retirement and bringing Nick in as a hired gun to give Bill one last title as Pats HC. 

I can see Pats targeting him IF Brady retires and Foles is a FA. Wouldn't be the first player that everyone thought was crap only to succeed in NE (Dion Lewis, Chung...)