Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

The Raiders learned the hard way that even though Jeff Hostetler came in as a backup and won a SB, he wasn’t a starting caliber  NFL QB. 

Foles did great stepping up last season and taking control, but I agree with you completely. Lower tier starter who will probably get a decent deal as a FA, but likely won’t live up to it

Hostetler had 23 TD passes in 28 career starts as a Giant.

• Foles had 29 in 2013 alone.

Hostetler had 170 yards passing per game in his SB run

• Foles had 324 yards passing per game

Hostetler won in the playoffs with the best defense

• Foles BEAT the best defense in the playoffs 2 years in a row

Hostetler game-managed a Super Bowl against choke artist Jim Kelly

• Foles out-dueled the greatest QB in NFL History to win his Super Bowl

The reason that people are so split on Foles is because a lot of them are stupid and ignorant.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

The Raiders learned the hard way that even though Jeff Hostetler came in as a backup and won a SB, he wasn’t a starting caliber  NFL QB. 

Foles did great stepping up last season and taking control, but I agree with you completely. Lower tier starter who will probably get a decent deal as a FA, but likely won’t live up to it

Not sure Hostetler is a good comparison, though he's a natural one to use since he was a backup who won the Super Bowl. I'm old enough that I watched a fair amount of his career, but not really enough to say if his talent level was on par with Nick's and a statistical comparison of the two isn't really possible, since they played in different eras. But my memory of Hostetler is that he was an 'ok' QB who never really impressed me with anything he did, other than coming off the bench and winning the Super Bowl, and my memory of Super Bowl XXV is more about 'Wide Right' than of anything that Hostetler did. I'm sure your memory of that Super Bowl is stronger than mine, was it a Hostetler 'win' or was it more about the Giants defense coupled with 'wide right' and competent QB play by Hostetler?

21 minutes ago, skippyx said:
  • Foles had 29 in 2013 alone.

He actually had 27 in 2013. 27 TDs and 2 INTs... and that was in only 10 games. He threw 317 passes and had an 8.5% TD rate and a 0.6% INT rate that year... just insane.

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He actually had 27 in 2013. 27 TDs and 2 INTs... and that was in only 10 games. He threw 317 passes and had an 8.5% TD rate and a 0.6% INT rate that year... just insane.

My guess is that he had two touchdown passes against the Saints in the playoffs that season, which would account for the 29.

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

My guess is that he had two touchdown passes against the Saints in the playoffs that season, which would account for the 29.

Probably so.

4 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

That would be right...and I figured he was including them in his post.

29 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Brady wins SB and retires to a lifetime of frivolity.  Darth Belichick turns Foles to the dark side.  Patriots win more SBs.  Could happen.

Brady has said he wants to play until he's 45.  The "Tom vs. Time" thing will only become bigger if he continues to play.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Brady is def playing next year, he wants to break all of Manning's records, which he can with ease next year.

I would say it depends on if he wins the SB or not but this is Brady. I think most players would want to go out on top and he knows he's coming towards the end of his career and I think has regressed this year... But this is Brady so regardless of the outcome yeah I think he is back for another year.