Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm saying Jags but bad stomach feeling says Skins.

I don't think he'd go to a divisional team unless no other teams would want him, and then I think he'd try to come back to Philadelphia before going to a divisional team.

I don't think Foles is a fit for everybody. I think he would prefer to play for coaches and systems he likes. But I do believe his stints on the Chiefs and Eagles gave him enough confidence to go out and find one more pay day. He should use this opportunity to cash-in. I also think he is better-suited for a warm weather or dome team, but it's not a deal breaker. Foles is from Texas and played college in Arizona.

Shurmur was the Eagles OC when Foles had the 7 TD game in Oakland. So I see why the Giants makes sense. If the Cardinals fire Wilks, and depending who they hire to replace him, I could see Foles going there to help Rosen develop.

It’s amazing how biased people are against Foles for literally no valid reason.

Even people who think he will be good somewhere else are calling him a bridge or stopgap QB.

The guy turns 30 in January: Do people think teams need an 8 year commitment in order to build a winning team?

Terms like "bad Foles” prove that the idiot running their mouth at the time knows nothing about football.

What the hell do you call Wentz in New Orleans? Goff the last 3 weeks? Rodgers in NFCCGs?

Foles is 21-6 in his last 27 real games as an Eagle.

The Chiefs were 2-0 when they needed him.

Pepole who define Foles by Jeff Fisher and a week 17 exhibition game are losers.

Interesting that our fellow Giants fans haven't made any input. I guess they don't want to jinx it and hope that Foles comes to their team. I think Foles would fit perfectly with what they'd want to do. And Shurmur has a history with Foles too. Makes a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, skippyx said:

Even people who think he will be good somewhere else are calling him a bridge or stopgap QB.

The guy turns 30 in January: Do people think teams need an 8 year commitment in order to build a winning team?

Terms like "bad Foles” prove that the idiot running their mouth at the time knows nothing about football.

What the hell do you call Wentz in New Orleans? Goff the last 3 weeks? Rodgers in NFCCGs?

Pepole who define Foles by Jeff Fisher and a week 17 exhibition game are losers.

Absolutely!  That's what I see Tom Coughlin (who coached against Foles when he was Giants HC) seeing and why I can see Coughlin bringing Foles to Jacksonville knowing he stabilizes the QB situation for as much as a decade.  Foles might not get Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G-level money on a per-year basis, but I can see a five-year/$100 Million (likely half of that guaranteed) investment on Foles by the Jags quite possible.

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Interesting that our fellow Giants fans haven't made any input. I guess they don't want to jinx it and hope that Foles comes to their team. I think Foles would fit perfectly with what they'd want to do. And Shurmur has a history with Foles too. Makes a lot of sense.

I don't think I'd want Foles going to the Gmen. The notion bothers me on several levels. I don't want them getting better with our Super Bowl MVP QB. That's just  WRONG!!   Let them grow their own over a period of time. O. T. O. H. :

The last time we dealt a QB to a division foe it was McNabb to the Redskins back in '10. 

That worked out well!   <g>

We’ve talked about this many times before. Foles is just not the type of QB that gets fans excited. We also realize that it’s pointless to talk about a new QB until we’re certain the OL is fixed. It’s performed MUCH better is the second half of the season, but there’s still a ways to go. Sticking Foles behind the current line would not be much of an upgrade. 

Now if we use a high pick on a right tackle and our center comes back completely healthy, then we can start talking new QB and Foles could be an option. For now we’re just taking things step by step, and step 1 is build a proper OL. Step 2 is deciding whether or not to bring Eli back or take the $17M in cap space. Then we get to a potential step 3, which is find a new QB. 

6 hours ago, skippyx said:

Terms like &quot;bad Foles” prove that the idiot running their mouth at the time knows nothing about football.

So would you take Foles over Wentz, Goff or Rodgers?

This discussion has been done to death 

Foles is a good dude. That being said, my opinion has never changed on him.

Mid to lower tier starter- best backup in the league

He's not a true franchise qb that can carry a team week in week out. If he was, another team would have gone out and grabbed him. The league knows.

He would make a fine stopgap/bridge/mentor for a young prospect. A guy who can hold down the fort for awhile with a team first mentality. 

A one year deal with a 2nd year option? Sure.

Long term commitment to him? Absolutely not.

1 hour ago, McNabbIsGone said:

I don't think I'd want Foles going to the Gmen. The notion bothers me on several levels. I don't want them getting better with our Super Bowl MVP QB. That's just  WRONG!!   Let them grow their own over a period of time. O. T. O. H. :

The last time we dealt a QB to a division foe it was McNabb to the Redskins back in '10. 

That worked out well!   <g>

I don't see the Giants actually going for Foles.  They have stated Eli has "years" left.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

No, but I would take Foles over a lot of other QBs.  Like I said, I suspect the Jags will make a hard push in the offseason as he can stabilize the QB situation there for several years. 

I'm going to throw my two cents in about Foles as franchise Qb and its the same reason I never felt there would be a legitimate qb controversy in Philly.  The problem is that Foles doesn't act like a franchise Qb off the field.   He is a well documented "gamer" that doesn't practice well.  He isn't a film demon that lives and breathes football.  That's why his best fit will be in a city that won't put the microscope on him for being that way, a place that already has locker room leadership in place.

The best recent comparison for Foles is Carson Palmer, dude is a natural but not the prototypical face of a franchise.  Because of all of this the best for for him is a place like Jacksonville, where a veteran defense leads the locker room in a city that will just appreciate him for what he is not not care about what he's not..

I can see him taking a cap friendly deal to stay with Eagles or he retires. 

He seams to love it here, great relationship with the team, coaches and Wentz. Fans love him and he knows it. Hes already thought about retiring before he came to Philly. He has money already. So thats why I say its Philly or done for him. 

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm going to throw my two cents in about Foles as franchise Qb and its the same reason I never felt there would be a legitimate qb controversy in Philly.  The problem is that Foles doesn't act like a franchise Qb off the field.   He is a well documented "gamer" that doesn't practice well.  He isn't a film demon that lives and breathes football.  That's why his best fit will be in a city that won't put the microscope on him for being that way, a place that already has locker room leadership in place.

The best recent comparison for Foles is Carson Palmer, dude is a natural but not the prototypical face of a franchise.  Because of all of this the best for for him is a place like Jacksonville, where a veteran defense leads the locker room in a city that will just appreciate him for what he is not not care about what he's not..

What is Bortles' situation, as far as his contract and the cap?   Imagine Foles winning a SB with the Jaguars?   The internet would melt down.

7 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

What is Bortles' situation, as far as his contract and the cap?   Imagine Foles winning a SB with the Jaguars?   The internet would melt down.

Jax is currently 11.7 million over the 2019 cap.  Cutting Bortles saves 4.5 million, leaving 16.5 million dead cap.  Not happening.

9 hours ago, downundermike said:

Jax is currently 11.7 million over the 2019 cap.  Cutting Bortles saves 4.5 million, leaving 16.5 million dead cap.  Not happening.

Your numbers for the Jags are wrong. They’ll be less than $100K over the cap next year. They’re $11M+ under this year. The Eagles are the team that will be $11M+ over next year. 

55 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Your numbers for the Jags are wrong. They’ll be less than $100K over the cap next year. They’re $11M+ under this year. The Eagles are the team that will be $11M+ over next year. 

2111E674-5B56-4D73-94CA-6C5532F37FD1.jpeg

15 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I would keep Foles as the starter this year into the playoffs even if Wentz was healthy. (Or selfishly pretending to be healthy)

I personally would keep Foles and trade Wentz at this point but I get why that won’t happen and I absolutely respect that position.

Rodgers career as an important QB in the postseason is done. Green Bay can keep that turd. I’d take lots of QBs over a 35 year old Rodgers at 28 a year. I’d change my mind if they started giving out Lombardi’s for what a QB did in the 2011 regular season.

I would take Foles leading that Rams offense over Goff in a heartbeat.

Goff is a decent QB on a team with great weapons. When he lost his 4th weapon (Kupp) he became a Nathan Peterman clone this December:

I don’t expect everyone or even most people to agree with me on Rodgers or Wentz. 

I think Wentz can be special but Foles already is special.

I do expect cockroaches to shut up with the Foles insults or I will continue to make fun of them for being idiots.

11 hours ago, Mortimer said:

He won’t go there. That team is as bad as the 2015 Rams now.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:23 AM, skippyx said:

He won’t go there. That team is as bad as the 2015 Rams now.

The 2015 Rams weren't a Quarterback away from the Super Bowl in 2014 though like the Jags were last year. I don't know why the Jags took such a tumble this year. Injuries like the Eagles?

On 12/22/2018 at 12:20 AM, skippyx said:

I would keep Foles as the starter this year into the playoffs even if Wentz was healthy. (Or selfishly pretending to be healthy)

I personally would keep Foles and trade Wentz at this point but I get why that won’t happen and I absolutely respect that position.

Rodgers career as an important QB in the postseason is done. Green Bay can keep that turd. I’d take lots of QBs over a 35 year old Rodgers at 28 a year. I’d change my mind if they started giving out Lombardi’s for what a QB did in the 2011 regular season.

I would take Foles leading that Rams offense over Goff in a heartbeat.

Goff is a decent QB on a team with great weapons. When he lost his 4th weapon (Kupp) he became a Nathan Peterman clone this December:

I don’t expect everyone or even most people to agree with me on Rodgers or Wentz. 

I think Wentz can be special but Foles already is special.

I do expect cockroaches to shut up with the Foles insults or I will continue to make fun of them for being idiots.

This was a pretty refreshing post.

I think the Wentz and Foles situation is somewhat like the Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees situation. It's clear that both QBs were talented, but the Chargers just didn't want to forfeit their young budding QB for a late blooming and injured Brees.

Ironically, the Eagles have a young guy in Wentz, but is often injured. The problem with Foles is that you aren't fully sure if he can perform at the high levels shown, season over season.