Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

I hope Foles goes to AFC that’s is only way I can root for him. 

I gotta be honest. Outside the Cowboys I would root for him anywhere unless playing us. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, BKLYNYG said:

We’ve talked about this many times before. Foles is just not the type of QB that gets fans excited. We also realize that it’s pointless to talk about a new QB until we’re certain the OL is fixed. It’s performed MUCH better is the second half of the season, but there’s still a ways to go. Sticking Foles behind the current line would not be much of an upgrade. 

Now if we use a high pick on a right tackle and our center comes back completely healthy, then we can start talking new QB and Foles could be an option. For now we’re just taking things step by step, and step 1 is build a proper OL. Step 2 is deciding whether or not to bring Eli back or take the $17M in cap space. Then we get to a potential step 3, which is find a new QB. 

Lol

He is as good as there is 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:24 AM, vincent_NJG said:

This discussion has been done to death 

Foles is a good dude. That being said, my opinion has never changed on him.

Mid to lower tier starter- best backup in the league

He's not a true franchise qb that can carry a team week in week out. If he was, another team would have gone out and grabbed him. The league knows.

He would make a fine stopgap/bridge/mentor for a young prospect. A guy who can hold down the fort for awhile with a team first mentality. 

A one year deal with a 2nd year option? Sure.

Long term commitment to him? Absolutely not.

Rofl

3 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Lol

He is as good as there is 

Meh. Who gets excited over a QB throwing for almost 500 yards and 4 TDs in a must win game?

13 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Blind hatred 

Silly. Foles is just not the type of guy anyone would hate. He won the SB for the Eagles and that stinks, but at least he beat Brady. It’s kind of a wash. I just happen to think the Giants need to fix the OL before investing in a new QB. Maybe they can do both in the next off season. That’d be cool. 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Silly. Foles is just not the type of guy anyone would hate. He won the SB for the Eagles and that stinks, but at least he beat Brady. It’s kind of a wash. I just happen to think the Giants need to fix the OL before investing in a new QB. Maybe they can do both in the next off season. That’d be cool. 

I'd agree but does your GM think the same?

5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'd agree but does your GM think the same?

He talks like he does. Used a second rounder on a guard. Brought in a few quality OL during the season. We just need a new RT and some more competition at guard. Also need to get our center back healthy. 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:30 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm saying Jags but bad stomach feeling says Skins.

I disagree.  Foles won't just sell out for the big payday IMO.  I think he'll look for a good situation for him, and Washington is traditionally a graveyard for QB's like Foles.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

When I think of the Giants and Foles, Kerry Collins comes to mind.  Guy QB'd the team to a SB appearance.  There is a precedent in NY for signing a veteran QB in lieu of drafting one.  I also think NY would have the inside track because of Pat Shurmur.

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

When I think of the Giants and Foles, Kerry Collins comes to mind.  Guy QB'd the team to a SB appearance.  There is a precedent in NY for signing a veteran QB in lieu of drafting one.  I also think NY would have the inside track because of Pat Shurmur.

It’s a good comparison. Collins and Warner right after that. But as I said above, two things would need to happen before they signed a vet. 1) draft a lineman with their first rounder and 2) cut Eli to save $17M. 

13 hours ago, Procus said:

I've compared Foles to Kerry before on here and was called every name in the book for doing so.

Foles seems to have something of cult following 

30 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I've compared Foles to Kerry before on here and was called every name in the book for doing so.

Foles seems to have something of cult following 

They are not even close. Collins was a turnover machine. Also Collins choked in his superbowl and Foles dominated.

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

They are not even close. Collins was a turnover machine. Also Collins choked in his superbowl and Foles dominated.

They're very close. Different times in the NFL.

Big armed QBs who for stretches can look as good as any QB in the league.

Foles was leading the league in turnovers before he was hurt in 2014.

Doug Williams dominated in the Super Bowl. That doesn't make him great.

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

They're very close. Different times in the NFL.

Big armed QBs who for stretches can look as good as any QB in the league.

Foles was leading the league in turnovers before he was hurt in 2014.

Doug Williams dominated in the Super Bowl. That doesn't make him great.

You are pointing out one season for Foles. Foles also had 2 ints the year before that. I am comparing careers. Collins was as mistake prone as they come even for his time and Foles is not.

I'll never forget when Collins picked his nose in that Superbowl. He seemed so carefree, but what are you going to do against a defense like the Ravens.

3 minutes ago, boogyman said:

You are pointing out one season for Foles. Foles also had 2 ints the year before that. I am comparing careers. Collins was as mistake prone as they come even for his time and Foles is not.

We saw Collins start week in week out from mid '99 to end '03. He didn't miss a start in that stretch. Not even a few snaps with the exception of the NFC championship game blowout where he broke all kinds of records and sat out the 4th.

Later on, he went to a pro bowl while playing for Jeff Fischer.

We have yet to see Foles complete full seasons as a starter. We've seen great stretches in spots. 

I get it, you're part of the Foles cult following. One of those who are actually thinking that he might be better than Wentz.

Just now, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I'll never forget when Collins picked his nose in that Superbowl. He seemed so carefree, but what are you going to do against a defense like the Ravens.

According to Strahan in his book, he had never seen Collins look so nervous when next to him at the coin toss. 

9 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

We saw Collins start week in week out from mid '99 to end '03. He didn't miss a start in that stretch. Not even a few snaps with the exception of the NFC championship game blowout where he broke all kinds of records and sat out the 4th.

Later on, he went to a pro bowl while playing for Jeff Fischer.

We have yet to see Foles complete full seasons as a starter. We've seen great stretches in spots. 

I get it, you're part of the Foles cult following. One of those who are actually thinking that he might be better than Wentz.

You are always wrong when you make these comments about me. It's funny. I dont think Foles is better than Wentz. No cultist here. I just think Foles is better than you do. 

I am going for a real sleeper team - The Bengals.

They have around $45 million in cap space, they may be ready to move on from Dalton and cutting him has NO dead space and adds another $16M to their already abundant cap space.

11 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

According to Strahan in his book, he had never seen Collins look so nervous when next to him at the coin toss. 

Yeah just like Foles who was obviously crapping himself in his superbowl.

8 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Yeah just like Foles who was obviously crapping himself in his superbowl.

14 minutes ago, boogyman said:

You are always wrong when you make these comments about me. It's funny. I dont think Foles is better than Wentz. No cultist here. I just think Foles is better than you do. 

Its not wrong. You seem to get personally offended if I say anything remotely critical about Foles.

I've commended Foles many times for his playoff run and especially his Superbowl performance. He deserves all the praise in the world for that. 

Doug Williams also outduelled an all time great in dominating fashion in the Superbowl.

I'm not saying Collins was better than Foles. I'm saying they're comparable. 

Like Foles, when KC was hot, he was as good as it gets. When not, it was ugly.

We haven't even seen Foles start and complete a full season this far into his career. Calm down.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Its not wrong. You seem to get personally offended if I say anything remotely critical about Foles.

I've commended Foles many times for his playoff run and especially his Superbowl performance. He deserves all the praise in the world for that. 

Doug Williams also outduelled an all time great in dominating fashion in the Superbowl.

I'm not saying Collins was better than Foles. I'm saying they're comparable. 

We haven't even seen Foles start and complete a full season this far into his career. Calm down.

But it is wrong. I think Wentz is better now and still has a fair amount more upside. I dont see how I am personally offended just because I disagree with you. Settle down happypants.

4 minutes ago, boogyman said:

But it is wrong. I think Wentz is better now and still has a fair amount more upside. I dont see how I am personally offended just because I disagree with you. Settle down happypants.

Dude... Maybe that one comment wasn't accurate, but the rest are.

Sorry but it really seems like every time I say anything even remotely critical of your boy, you come roaring in to defend him.

I understand though. He's your boy. It's all good.

8 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Dude... Maybe that one comment wasn't accurate, but the rest are.

Sorry but it really seems like every time I say anything even remotely critical of your boy, you come roaring in to defend him.

I understand though. He's your boy. It's all good.

Is that not the point of a message board? If I disagree with your post I reply. It's pretty simple. I think all this horrible Giants football you have been forced to watch the past 2 seasons is clouding your judgment when it come to talking about it.