Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

Is that not the point of a message board? If I disagree with your post I reply. It's pretty simple. I think all this horrible Giants football you have been forced to watch the past 2 seasons is clouding your judgment when it come to talking about it.

While that's true, you still seem to have special love for Foles which like I said, I understand.

Nah. Judgment is still the same. You can go back and look at my 2016 season posts when the Giants were playing well. Same opinions then as I have now.

Foles just went into LA and beat em they were 6-0 at home then beat a good Texans team

Foles is better than anyone who will start for the Giants next year book that.

Also Foles is playing as good as any QB is right now and might take this team that was dead into the playoffs with zero running game.

IF we can’t keep Foles I assume he will be a Jag or Skin

5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

While that's true, you still seem to have special love for Foles which like I said, I understand.

Nah. Judgment is still the same. You can go back and look at my 2016 season posts when the Giants were playing well. Same opinions then as I have now.

No special love. Just think he is better than you do. It's cool. 

3 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Foles just went into LA and beat em they were 6-0 at home then beat a good Texans team

Foles is better than anyone who will start for the Giants next year book that.

Also Foles is playing as good as any QB is right now and might take this team that was dead into the playoffs with zero running game.

IF we can’t keep Foles I assume he will be a Jag or Skin

See now I agree with everything here. That doesn't make my opinion on him wrong though.

Foles is on fire right now. 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, heavywchamp said:

Why? It's not like he'll elevate that team without weapons outside of Reed when healthy. If you listen to what he says, if he's not brought back to Philly more than likely he'll retire. 

idk, he says that now....but if any team would overpay and make him rethink that, it would be the skins. 

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

They are not even close. Collins was a turnover machine. Also Collins choked in his superbowl and Foles dominated.

Nobody is saying Foles is the same as Collins.  The point I was making is that there is precedent within the Giants organization for signing a veteran in lieu of drafting a rookie.

And I've said it before - Foles is much better coming off the bench midseason than he is being the day one starter.  For the record, as much as everybody complains that Wentz is injury prone, Foles has had his share of injuries too and has never lasted a full season.  Even during 2013, once he was elevated to the being the starter, he missed some time with a concussion.

13 minutes ago, Procus said:

Nobody is saying Foles is the same as Collins.  The point I was making is that there is precedent within the Giants organization for signing a veteran in lieu of drafting a rookie.

And I've said it before - Foles is much better coming off the bench midseason than he is being the day one starter.  For the record, as much as everybody complains that Wentz is injury prone, Foles has had his share of injuries too and has never lasted a full season.  Even during 2013, once he was elevated to the being the starter, he missed some time with a concussion.

That why my response was not to your post and yeah someone did compare them. 

7 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

idk, he says that now....but if any team would overpay and make him rethink that, it would be the skins. 

God I hope not. I hope he stays. If he goes to the skins..ill have a really hard time rooting against him. The dude won us our first superbowl bot to mention what hes doing now..I dont even wanna think aboht this right now..if he does go..I hope its the jags..if he wants to stay in Philly and they let him go..he might retire. Nobody ever considered that. Hed go out on top!

10 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

I am going for a real sleeper team - The Bengals.

They have around $45 million in cap space, they may be ready to move on from Dalton and cutting him has NO dead space and adds another $16M to their already abundant cap space.

Depends on first whether or not Marvin Lewis returns and if he does not, does Hue Jackson become the Bengals HC (something Lewis wanted to see happen in the first place)?

At the very least, the Bengals would be looking at similar money to Andy Dalton if not more than Dalton. 

14 minutes ago, ShakeNBake36 said:

The Broncos will have a new coach, wonder if Foles is a match. Keenum isn’t the dude 

The QB probably will be more up to Elway.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

This was a pretty refreshing post.

I think the Wentz and Foles situation is somewhat like the Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees situation. It's clear that both QBs were talented, but the Chargers just didn't want to forfeit their young budding QB for a late blooming and injured Brees.

Ironically, the Eagles have a young guy in Wentz, but is often injured. The problem with Foles is that you aren't fully sure if he can perform at the high levels shown, season over season.

What?   So if you can't be sure if Foles can perform well season after season what in the heck gives you reason to believe Wentz can?  I really gotta hear this?   Newsflash,   Foles has outplayed Wentz and it ain't even close...   Foles brings the magic sauce to the the Eagles but keep thinking wentz has proved it..   YIKES.

5 hours ago, johneric8 said:

What?   So if you can't be sure if Foles can perform well season after season what in the heck gives you reason to believe Wentz can?  I really gotta hear this?   Newsflash,   Foles has outplayed Wentz and it ain't even close...   Foles brings the magic sauce to the the Eagles but keep thinking wentz has proved it..   YIKES.

Sure, but the thing about Wentz is that he's the young guy with the potential. The Eagles traded up to get him and are expecting a return on investment.

This is a complex situation and while part of me would be interested in seeing Foles as the guy here, this isn't a case of Wentz being underwhelming like Blake Bortles. Wentz has shown far more skill than that, which makes this tricky.

Jacksonville would make a lot of sense for Nick. Good team with a good defense and a very good running back to help ease the load on whoever is QB there. For me that team is a lot better than it showed this season. To me they gave up on defense because their QB was so bad and so the offense gave them nothing back. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jacksonville would make a lot of sense for Nick. Good team with a good defense and a very good running back to help ease the load on whoever is QB there. For me that team is a lot better than it showed this season. To me they gave up on defense because their QB was so bad and so the offense gave them nothing back. 

I'm hoping for Florida/AFC, either JAX or MIA. I certainly hope he doesn't consider NYG, If the Giants kinda fix their OL, Barkley, OBJ and Shepherd with Foles may not be something to look forward to twice a year.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:15 PM, ShakeNBake36 said:

The Broncos will have a new coach, wonder if Foles is a match. Keenum isn’t the dude 

Keenum outplayed Foles with the Rams so would be amusing if he replaced him with the Broncos but Denver needs to go young, draft someone. Foles has NEVER been a reliable full-time starter. He deserves another chance but outside of his amazing 2013 season his teams are 17-16 with him starting so if he gets another chance, how long does it last?   He is just too streaky like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Will have monster games and then look awful. Off the bench...couldn't ask for a better option 

Which Foles do you get??

In 3 Playoffs/SB games - 6td/1int, 2 fumbles
In 8 regular season games 2017-2018: 10td, 6int, 3 fumbles (8 of those td came in two games)

27td/2int Foles of 2013

or 

31 games: 
2012, 2014-2018 (17-16 record, 3-0 in playoffs):

37td, 32int, 26 fumbles/11 lost 
6td, 1int, 2 fumbles/0 lost in 3 playoff games

Fumbled in 20 games
Thrown a INT in 23 games
Thrown for 0 TD in 13 games
Thrown for just 1 TD in 14 games
43 total turnovers

On 12/19/2018 at 8:30 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm saying Jags but bad stomach feeling says Skins.

Apart from the Jags possibly having not enough cap space to sign him, I don't know if they have enough firepower through the air to be an attractive destination for a FA QB. Same goes for Washington.

Of the teams on that list I think it has to be Tampa. They will have a new coach and a ton of firepower on offense with Evans, Godwin, Humphries, Howard and Brate. They also went RB early last year. If the line holds up they will be an ideal candidate.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:19 AM, Pallidrone said:

I am going for a real sleeper team - The Bengals.

They have around $45 million in cap space, they may be ready to move on from Dalton and cutting him has NO dead space and adds another $16M to their already abundant cap space.

This was the other team I was thinking of. I think they move on from Dalton in the next couple of seasons. They are drafting someone either this year or next. 

The team is pretty stacked, injuries and poor coaching killed them.

I'm suspecting he winds up on one of the Florida teams at this point:

Tampa and Miami are now both expected to clean house after this season and Foles could easily wind up in either spot.  Jacksonville I still think will be a great spot.