Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

On 12/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Foles is just not the type of QB that gets fans excited. 

I was at the NFCCG last season and the Texans game last week. I can tell you that the fans are absolutely excited about Foles. You should have heard how nuts the Linc got when he came back on the field after missing a play due to that shot from Clowney.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, Jason1978 said:

Keenum outplayed Foles with the Rams so would be amusing if he replaced him with the Broncos but Denver needs to go young, draft someone. Foles has NEVER been a reliable full-time starter. He deserves another chance but outside of his amazing 2013 season his teams are 17-16 with him starting so if he gets another chance, how long does it last?   He is just too streaky like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Will have monster games and then look awful. Off the bench...couldn't ask for a better option 

Which Foles do you get??

In 3 Playoffs/SB games - 6td/1int, 2 fumbles
In 8 regular season games 2017-2018: 10td, 6int, 3 fumbles (8 of those td came in two games)

27td/2int Foles of 2013

or 

31 games: 
2012, 2014-2018 (17-16 record, 3-0 in playoffs):

37td, 32int, 26 fumbles/11 lost 
6td, 1int, 2 fumbles/0 lost in 3 playoff games

Fumbled in 20 games
Thrown a INT in 23 games
Thrown for 0 TD in 13 games
Thrown for just 1 TD in 14 games
43 total turnovers

This has been my exact stance on Foles since the beginning.

On Foles compared to Fitzpatrick https://www.wfmz.com/sports/blog-the-high-variance-response-to-nick-foles/959060512

The Bad

1. Russell Wilson 15.74 percent
2. Matt Ryan 16.27 percent
3. Kirk Cousins 18.33 percent
4. Ryan Tannehill 19.74 percent
5. Matthew Stafford 21.09 percent
6. Nick Foles 22.22 percent

20. Ryan Fitzpatrick 34.96 percent

The Good

The quarterbacks ranked by percentage of good games, greater than an 85 passer rating, including playoffs:

1. Russell Wilson 68.52 percent
2. Matt Ryan 66.27 percent
3. Nick Foles 64.44 percent

18. Ryan Fitzpatrick 45.53 percent

Plenty more at the link.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Maybe the Eagles should just resign Foles. He’s a goddamn leprechaun! 

Even more reason the Giants should sign him. They need all the luck they can get with that roster.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Even more reason the Giants should sign him. They need all the luck they can get with that roster.

Maybe you’re right about Foles. If he’s winning games with the scrubs the Birds have on offense image what he would do with actual talent. On second thought, nah, your offense sucks. It’s the defense that won that game...and a luck bounce. 

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Maybe you’re right about Foles. If he’s winning games with the scrubs the Birds have on offense image what he would do with actual talent. On second thought, nah, your offense sucks. It’s the defense that won that game...and a luck bounce. 

I'm fine with that. While we both might have been drinking beer and watching football Sunday, I was watching my team, while you also watched my team.

Ironically he had a typical classic Eli Manning big win and you are criticizing him. Played mediocre most of the game then drove them down the field for a game winning score.

There are a lot of intangibles involved with St Nick's next stop. First, do the Eagles do what's right for Nick or what is right for them? There could be a big difference in compensation depending what they do. Although I would rather not see Nick play for the Giants or Redskins for obvious reasons, both of those teams have coaches that could implement an offense that takes advantage of Nick's particular skill set. Shurmur and Gruden are both good offensive minds in the game. Jacksonville just fired their offensive coordinator back in November after 7 loses in a row so who knows who they will replace him with. Will the individual be the kind of coordinator who wants to implement his own offense even if it means putting a square peg (Foles)into a round hole. Foles already had to put up with that with Jeff Fisher.  The situation could get interesting if the Eagles franchise Nick and try to trade him rather then let him hit free agency and go where he wants. Tampa just picked up Winston's 5th year at 20 million for 2019 so I doubt that Nick comes to Tampa. 

17 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I'm fine with that. While we both might have been drinking beer and watching football Sunday, I was watching my team, while you also watched my team.

Ironically he had a typical classic Eli Manning big win and you are criticizing him. Played mediocre most of the game then drove them down the field for a game winning score.

Eh yea, the roles have been revered on many occasions. 

He did have a very Eli Manning kind of game, which is why many Giants fans don't want Foles as an Eli Manning replacement. You're finally getting it. 

31 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

We have playmakers all over the field except at RB. Once we get a legit RB and our running game going this offense can outscore any in the league. 

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Eh yea, the roles have been revered on many occasions. 

He did have a very Eli Manning kind of game, which is why many Giants fans don't want Foles as an Eli Manning replacement. You're finally getting it. 

He cant set records every game.

Foles went all the way down the field in their stadium and threw a td to Tate it’s not about luck anymore he just ripped 4 in a row 3 against playoff teams.  I know we could beat the Rams too we just got unlucky with the Saints instead. We don’t have the scheme or personnel to beat the Saints this year. I believe last years team could but the double moves that are coming will destroy our secondary of backups of backups.  I’m just gonna enjoy last night cause we shouldn’t really even be there.  This at least proves our coach is good and we will be good for a while.

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Foles went all the way down the field in their stadium and threw a td to Tate it’s not about luck anymore he just ripped 4 in a row 3 against playoff teams.  I know we could beat the Rams too we just got unlucky with the Saints instead. We don’t have the scheme or personnel to beat the Saints this year. I believe last years team could but the double moves that are coming will destroy our secondary of backups of backups.  I’m just gonna enjoy last night cause we shouldn’t really even be there.  This at least proves our coach is good and we will be good for a while.

This Boogyman guy is a meme-making, Foles slurping, R&R-type pain in the arse, but in all honesty Foles is playing great. That throw to Tate was not an easy one to make. He had to kind of side arm it with a defender bearing down (no pun intended). If the Birds were playing the Rams I would have placed a large bet on Philly. No doubt. The game vs. the Saints is a tougher match up. 

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This Boogyman guy is a meme-making, Foles slurping, R&R-type pain in the arse, but in all honesty Foles is playing great. That throw to Tate was not an easy one to make. He had to kind of side arm it with a defender bearing down (no pun intended). If the Birds were playing the Rams I would have placed a large bet on Philly. No doubt. The game vs. the Saints is a tougher match up. 

Awe...you are thinking of me how sweet.

Just heard Rappaport say that he's been told that the Eagles want to try to trade him. I'm sure if the team is one that Nick would want to go to, he'd go along with it.

7 hours ago, boogyman said:

They would love to.  He did well with Shurmur as his OC when Chip Kelly was here.  I would think the Eagles would do everything they could to block that.

Random thought. If Brady retired, think NE have any interest? Not sure if Bill would want to start over with rookie and if he wanted to coach a few more years it could be a decent option for them.

21 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Random thought. If Brady retired, think NE have any interest? Not sure if Bill would want to start over with rookie and if he wanted to coach a few more years it could be a decent option for them.

Bill I think would want to show Robert Kraft and company he does not need Brady and would sign Foles in a heartbeat.  Nick would definitely fit "The Patriot Way." 

7 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

:blink: they just drafted Rosen 

They did the same thing to Matt Leinart when Warner was brought in

8 minutes ago, james1345 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders traded for Wentz.

They would have to offer two first rounders this year, a second this year and a first next year to even start the conversation.

Anything less and I would hang up the phone if I was Howie.

19 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

They did the same thing to Matt Leinart when Warner was brought in

Yea but Leinart just didn't give a f