Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

They would have to offer two first rounders this year, a second this year and a first next year to even start the conversation.

Anything less and I would hang up the phone if I was Howie.

Sorry pal no one’s giving you 3 firsts and a second for Wentz. I think he’s great, but he’s injury prone going all the way back to high school. If a team offered 2 firsts the Eagles should jump on it immediately and just sign Foles long term. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

They would have to offer two first rounders this year, a second this year and a first next year to even start the conversation.

Anything less and I would hang up the phone if I was Howie.

Honestly, I don't think any team would give up that much for a guy who can't stay healthy. I'm okay with two first round picks. 

14 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Sorry pal no one’s giving you 3 firsts and a second for Wentz. I think he’s great, but he’s injury prone going all the way back to high school. If a team offered 2 firsts the Eagles should jump on it immediately and just sign Foles long term. 

Sorry, but Wentz is not great yet.

1 hour ago, james1345 said:

Sorry, but Wentz is not great yet.

He is not great yet and may never be. Injuries have been a problem and he is only 3 years younger then Foles. In fact I would bet that Dak has more game wins then Wentz does. I don’t know that for a fact but Wentz had a very good season last year until he was hurt but the first season and this season he has not played as well as Dak. Wentz has a very nice arm and throws a nice ball but Dak has that ability to play bad most of the game and then win in the 4th quarter. Wentz hasn’t shown that ability. 

Foles is a better QB in clutch games vs Wentz. Who actually believes that Eagles make the playoffs this year with Wentz playing the whole season?

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Great, another Foles slurper.

🤭

Can I just say... I've just listened to the Birds with Friends latest podcast and it got me thinking. 

Ok so... They threw out a scenario where the Raiders offer a first round pick for the next 3 years plus the pick they acquired from Chicago. Now I know on face value that sounds huge but that's a long time to wait for the complete package. I mean by the time you get that final first round pick Foles is nearing his mid 30s.

Surely if you want to trade Wentz you do so for pretty immediate picks? I'm talking a lot of picks but in the next year or two because you want to build a team around Foles to go all out for the next few years. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can I just say... I've just listened to the Birds with Friends latest podcast and it got me thinking. 

Ok so... They threw out a scenario where the Raiders offer a first round pick for the next 3 years plus the pick they acquired from Chicago. Now I know on face value that sounds huge but that's a long time to wait for the complete package. I mean by the time you get that final first round pick Foles is nearing his mid 30s.

Surely if you want to trade Wentz you do so for pretty immediate picks? I'm talking a lot of picks but in the next year or two because you want to build a team around Foles to go all out for the next few years. 

Foles would be 33 at that point. For a pocket QB in this NFL, I don't think that's particularly old. I don't think you trade Wentz, but 4 #1s is a ridiculous total. It's rare to get two #1s in the same draft. Would you prefer 2 #1s this year, and then next year's 1 and 2 rather than a 1 each consecutive year?

3 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

Foles would be 33 at that point. For a pocket QB in this NFL, I don't think that's particularly old. I don't think you trade Wentz, but 4 #1s is a ridiculous total. It's rare to get two #1s in the same draft. Would you prefer 2 #1s this year, and then next year's 1 and 2 rather than a 1 each consecutive year?

Also note you are getting the Raiders picks. Good chance they are very high picks.

1 hour ago, zenclaybourne said:

Yeah I think I would. I just feel you'd want to absolutely cash in right now or at least over the next few years... I mean of course I'm just talking hypothetical and if the offer was on the table there's so much to consider. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I think I would. I just feel you'd want to absolutely cash in right now or at least over the next few years... I mean of course I'm just talking hypothetical and if the offer was on the table there's so much to consider. 

I think I'd stick with the 1s personally, but hey, to each their own.

18 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Whatever some of you guys are smoking, please pass....:smoke:

It's just a random hypothetical from a podcast

Just now, zenclaybourne said:

I think I'd stick with the 1s personally, but hey, to each their own

I just think like 2 firsts and then our own first this year? Maybe even a second too? In addition to our two seconds already. Yikes that's a lot of talent to add. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think like 2 firsts and then our own first this year? Maybe even a second too? In addition to our two seconds already. Yikes that's a lot of talent to add. 

The other side of that though is that all of the draft picks come up for contracts at the same time. Both strategies have strengths and weaknesses.

30 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

The other side of that though is that all of the draft picks come up for contracts at the same time. Both strategies have strengths and weaknesses.

I think you deal with that when it gets here. 4 years is a long way away. Also imagine the deals Howie could do with all that draft capital?

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Whatever some of you guys are smoking, please pass....:smoke:

I don't think anyone really thinks any team would give up that much. I doubt Wentz even gets traded. But you alway have to entertain offers if they are overwhelming.

34 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

You know that's a great point... Didn't think about that actually. 

If they can work out a Foles trade for a 1st round pick, that's what they should do. 

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Again.jpg.0dac6ca6a9d3b2b464fb7199b7b37801.jpg

For a "best backup in the league and low end starter" Foles sure has been on the cover of SI and awful lot.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:08 AM, vincent_NJG said:

We saw Collins start week in week out from mid '99 to end '03. He didn't miss a start in that stretch. Not even a few snaps with the exception of the NFC championship game blowout where he broke all kinds of records and sat out the 4th.

Later on, he went to a pro bowl while playing for Jeff Fischer.

We have yet to see Foles complete full seasons as a starter. We've seen great stretches in spots. 

I get it, you're part of the Foles cult following. One of those who are actually thinking that he might be better than Wentz.

Foles IS better than Wentz.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:07 PM, james1345 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders traded for Wentz.

Raiders are more concerned about Las Vegas in 2020.  They are tanking for Tua (Alabama QB) in 2020 OR Trevor Lawrence (Clemson QB) in 2021.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, BKLYNYG said:

2 firsts, a 2nd and change sounds about right to me.  Problem for Eagles is really fitting Foles into next year's roster.  There just isn't any way to fit a $20m signing bonus into the 2019 cap situation.  Foles is gone and I don't think there is anything eagles can do about it.