Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

1 hour ago, Free for All said:

He was the legitimate starter coming into this year even though he didn't start the year and didn't finish the year? And even if he did start the year, how does that make Wentz better? Starts don't matter, results matter. I agree Wentz has a ton of upside, but until he realizes his potential his career accomplishments will always pale in comparison to Foles. "Right now" Foles is better and the stats back that up. You say you are comparing what you have seen. Are you talking about athletic ability or about clutch QB play in the biggest games in football? Physical talent is only a small part of being a great QB.

Yes. Unless the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, they know who the better player is. When fully healthy, Wentz showed hes an MVP level QB. Unfortunately for him, health is now becoming a huge concern.

Yes. "Right now" a healthy Foles is better than an injured Wentz. 

7 hours ago, boogyman said:

I agree somewhat. Every player needs to prove themselves over time, especially QBs. 

My original point from months ago stands. Foles would be an excellent option for NY. 2 to 4 years for a proven (we argue here but you understand where I am coming from) QB at 20 to 25 million, maybe a tad more depending on demand, inserted into a talented offense. Use draft capital for the O line and defense. 

It is unlikely and I hope it doesnt happen because I believe in the guy as a QB. But from my point of view it makes sense. Look at what guys like Cousons are getting. And I think Barkley and Beckham are good enough to keep you from having to 5 pick in the near future. Being in the 10 to 20 range in the draft for an extended period of time is not the best place to be IMO.

As a short term guy, sure. He's more than capable and what makes it work even better is that due to his great character and team first mindset, he would probably be more than willing to groom a young prospect as he holds down the fort.

Cousins deal was a mistake. Most of us rightly never really bought into him. 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:30 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Yes. Unless the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, they know who the better player is. When fully healthy, Wentz showed hes an MVP level QB. Unfortunately for him, health is now becoming a huge concern.

Yes. "Right now" a healthy Foles is better than an injured Wentz. 

Wrong again my friend. Foles owns all the records and all the trophy's. Everyone is hoping Wentz can do what Foles already has. 

2 hours ago, Free for All said:

Wrong again my friend. Foles owns all the records and all the trophy's. Everyone is hoping Wentz can do what Foles already has. 

That's a matter of opinion. I fully disagree with yours.

Until Foles shows he can be successful as a legit full time starting QB, I will hold firm on my stance.

33 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

That's a matter of opinion. I fully disagree with yours.

Until Foles shows he can be successful as a legit full time starting QB, I will hold firm on my stance.

And this is what a whole lot of Eagles fans refuse to see.  He has yet to succeed as a 16 game starter, and yet to succeed outside of a specific offense.

Foles was 14-5 in his last 19 when Kelly made a top 20 worst trade in NFL history

• The other guys were 6-8
  • Lurie banished Howie and let that Chump make the call
  • Sammy Sleeves was clearly the better athlete/talent with injury history
  • 7-9 hijinks followed

Foles is 10-2 in 12 real starts this time around.

• The other guy is 16-8
  • Marcus Mariota level athlete with Mariota level injury history
  • Feel free to repeat history.

Here is an after 3 years comparison of some high draft pick athletes, Foles, and Dak.

http://pfref.com/tiny/uNkRz

Foles is going, it's clear. If God forbid the team sinks under a constantly injured Wentz maybe we'll get Trevor Lawrence in a few years.
Or maybe Sudfeld steps up and shines like Foles.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, downundermike said:

And this is what a whole lot of Eagles fans refuse to see.  He has yet to succeed as a 16 game starter, and yet to succeed outside of a specific offense.

What other specific offense has Wentz succeeded in?  

The Panthers are a sneaky team to land Foles. There are talks that Cam could be sitting out 2019 due to his shoulder injury (similar to what Lucks situation was). 

8 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

The Panthers are a sneaky team to land Foles. There are talks that Cam could be sitting out 2019 due to his shoulder injury (similar to what Lucks situation was). 

I would also classify the Saints and Patriots as "sneaky" possibilities.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I would also classify the Saints and Patriots as "sneaky" possibilities.

Yeah definitely depends on what happens with Brees/Brady.

if Brady were to retire, and Belichick wanted a last hurrah, I can see him attaching himself to Foles.

1 hour ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Yeah definitely depends on what happens with Brees/Brady.

if Brady were to retire, and Belichick wanted a last hurrah, I can see him attaching himself to Foles.

This is an interesting theory and it makes a lot of sense.  Foles to the Saints or Patriots would hurt my brain, but it makes a lot of sense for those teams.  

5 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This is an interesting theory and it makes a lot of sense.  Foles to the Saints or Patriots would hurt my brain, but it makes a lot of sense for those teams.  

And a reason why Howie needs to get assets for him.  You absolutely no way in hell let him go to either of those teams for a 3rd round comp pick.

This thread needs a serious bump considering most of this conversation was before last Sunday.

Letting Foles walk to the Panthers/Saints/Giants or Pats for nothing other than a 3rd rd 2020 comp pick would be malpractice. 

Most important position in professional sports and we have an elite guy when the lights are the brighest but everyone is so excited to let him walk for free. Ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I thought the Giants fans didn’t want Foles? How quickly that has changed haha

i don’t want him in this division he is killer clutch 

Yeah killer, he lost value for himself in the Saints game, very average.

2 hours ago, GA4M said:

2nd best qb in the division though

2 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Eh... Like I said.. as a stop gap/bridge kind of guy, sure. Long-term franchise guy? No.

Here is the problem with myopic people who think Foles is just a mindless widget to be sold.

1. The Eagles offer the 20 million option
  2. Foles declines and pays them 2 million
  3. They franchise tag him at 25 million
  4. He can immediately sign it and says on TV: 'I will only play for the Eagles' - Checkmate

Now they have a guaranteed 25 million (26.8?) invested in a QB that no one will trade for and 33+ (35?) million invested in QBs.

• Foles may have 1.8 million in dead cap left over from 2017-2018
  • This does not even count resigning Sudfeld

The Franchise Tag is not meant as an aid to trading players. No one will do anything to help the Eagles out of that situation.

The Redskins talked about doing this with Cousins last year at 28 or so million and 50 million invested in 3 QBs before a possible trade.

• Even they were not stupid enough to do it.

4 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Still don’t.

6 hours ago, GA4M said:

Lol what? If Jeffery didn’t drop that pass not doubt in my mind he was going to lead us to a td on that drive

He went 4-1 this year with a road playoff win but he lost value? Lul

3 of the 4 wins were against playoff teams