Wallyhorse

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Nick Foles wind up next season?

• Stays with the Eagles
    • Giants
    • Raiders
    • Redskins
    • Jaguars
    • Dolphins
    • Buccaneers
    • Another team not listed

You Giants fans are funny. If Foles hits FA, and the Giants somehow are able to get him, there will be confetti flown all around NY.

10 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

You Giants fans are funny. If Foles hits FA, and the Giants somehow are able to get him, there will be confetti flown all around NY.

I don't think so. There's a ton of Giants fans (myself included) who are simply ready to turn the page on Eli so anyone new will probably get some sort of celebration but Foles still isn't seen as great outside of the Philly market. 

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

I don't think so. There's a ton of Giants fans (myself included) who are simply ready to turn the page on Eli so anyone new will probably get some sort of celebration but Foles still isn't seen as great outside of the Philly market. 

With your coach Pat Shurmur, you all should be happy to land Foles, considering those two have history and success.

4 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

With your coach Pat Shurmur, you all should be happy to land Foles, considering those two have history and success.

I would much rather Shurmur go after a young prospect. I've had my heart set on Haskins since October.

Outside of Philly, very few believe Foles is a true franchise qb despite the trophy and numbers.

I think he ends up in Jacksonville, Miami or Denver. 

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

I would much rather Shurmur go after a young prospect.

Outside of Philly, very few believe Foles is a true franchise qb despite the trophy and numbers.

I can agree with that sentiment and I said as much before. But of the young prospects, do you want the Giants to get Haskins or Murray?

Truthfully, I think the Giants should roll the dice with Foles. You aren't going to land a highly touted college player like Eli was coming out of Ole Miss.

5 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I can agree with that sentiment and I said as much before. But of the young prospects, do you want the Giants to get Haskins or Murray?

Truthfully, I think the Giants should roll the dice with Foles. You aren't going to land a highly touted college player like Eli was coming out of Ole Miss.

Haskins. I've had my heart set on Haskins all season.

If the Giants are to roll the dice, id rather they go for the potential franchise qb over the guy that most outside of Philly dont believe is one.

13 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Haskins. I've had my heart set on Haskins all season.

If the Giants are to roll the dice, id rather they go for the potential franchise qb over the guy that most outside of Philly dont believe is one.

Ohio State Quarterbacks have such a history of success in the NFL. Right up there with USC ............. I guess there's a first time for everything.

IMO the thing with Foles is that he HAS to have an O'line he trusts. I'm not sure how much Brooks going out and Peters being in and out had to do with the first quarter compared to the last 3 quarters of the Saints game but IMO there's correlation there.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Ohio State Quarterbacks have such a history of success in the NFL. Right up there with USC ............. I guess there's a first time for everything.

IMO the thing with Foles is that he HAS to have an O'line he trusts. I'm not sure how much Brooks going out and Peters being in and out had to do with the first quarter compared to the last 3 quarters of the Saints game but IMO there's correlation there.

I think it's more than just oline. Foles also needs a HC who he trusts, a QB room who he trusts and can work with as a team in weekly prep, including an intelligent QB coach and offensive coordinator. Look at last year's SB run. This was one of the best offensive situations as a whole from a QBs perspective. Offensive oriented HC who was a former QB in Doug, and it stems from there. 

That said, there's a difference between having a competent, professional, near perfect situation for a player to find himself in that makes him reach his potential, and finding lightning in a bottle, which is how some would like to categorize Foles' 2017-2018 stretch of brilliant play with the Eagles. It wasnt just a lucky stretch. It was just the perfect situation for him. That doesn't mean its impossible to recreate. 

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Scout the player not the college.

That's part of the issue and why most outside of Philly don't view Foles as a true franchise guy.

Most teams aren't fully loaded at offensive line.  

What I find bizarre is that Foles seems to be the most underrated quarterback in the league, as well as the most overrated quarterback in the league...at the same time. And I say this as a fan of his.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What I find bizarre is that Foles seems to be the most underrated quarterback in the league, as well as the most overrated quarterback in the league...at the same time. And I say this as a fan of his.

:lol: That's actually a decently accurate description. I think he's a legitimate starting QB in the 10-20 range. He's not Wentz, but he's not Bradford either. He's closer to a Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer or Alex Smith overall in my mind.

For the people questioning why Giants fans aren’t sold on Foles, just read through this thread. There’s no consensus on what type of QB he is, even among Eagles fans. 

1 hour ago, zenclaybourne said:

:lol: That's actually a decently accurate description. I think he's a legitimate starting QB in the 10-20 range. He's not Wentz, but he's not Bradford either. He's closer to a Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer or Alex Smith overall in my mind.

Except none of them won a SB

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Except none of them won a SB

True, but Joe Flacco did. I see Foles as a mid-tier starter capable of being a pro bowl talent when in the right situation. Is that a better way of putting it?

22 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

This has happened my whole life.  NFL decision makers missed on him coming out of college and will never admit their mistake.

30 TD and 2 INT doesn’t happen by accident.

I think JAX will trade up for Haskins. This would limit Foles’ options. DEN seems to make sense for him. I wouldn’t rule out TEN if Mariota’s injury is a career ended.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, downundermike said:

And this is what a whole lot of Eagles fans refuse to see.  He has yet to succeed as a 16 game starter, and yet to succeed outside of a specific offense.

As a 16 game starter, that's legit.

Succeed outside of a specific offense? Couldn't the same be said of Tom Brady? Or Joe Montana?

20 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

True, but Joe Flacco did. I see Foles as a mid-tier starter capable of being a pro bowl talent when in the right situation. Is that a better way of putting it?

Every QB in the league outside a couple guys needs to be in the right situation.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Every QB in the league outside a couple guys needs to be in the right situation.

No argument from me there.

22 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

For the people questioning why Giants fans aren’t sold on Foles, just read through this thread. There’s no consensus on what type of QB he is, even among Eagles fans. 

Foles is in the same predicament as this time last year.  It is weird for a QB to win the SB in epic fashion and nobody wants him.

22 hours ago, SBorBust said:

This has happened my whole life.  NFL decision makers missed on him coming out of college and will never admit their mistake.

30 TD and 2 INT doesn’t happen by accident.

I think JAX will trade up for Haskins. This would limit Foles’ options. DEN seems to make sense for him. I wouldn’t rule out TEN if Mariota’s injury is a career ended.

I hadn't thought of this, but it certainly does feel that way. Teams just don't seem eager to jump on him because they are still stuck on their evaluations of him from his draft. Way too much pride and arrogance in this league

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I hadn't thought of this, but it certainly does feel that way. Teams just don't seem eager to jump on him because they are still stuck on their evaluations of him from his draft. Way too much pride and arrogance in this league

It's not because of his draft profile. If that were the case, then Cousins and Wilson wouldn't have starting jobs.

Only in Philly do people really have a high opinion on him and it's even split in the Philly market.

Truth is, most outside of the Philly market (fans of qb needy teams included) don't view Foles as a franchise quy and it has zero to do with him being a 3rd round pick.

12 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

It's not because of his draft profile. If that were the case, then Cousins and Wilson wouldn't have starting jobs.

Only in Philly do people really have a high opinion on him and it's even split in the Philly market.

Truth is, most outside of the Philly market (fans of qb needy teams included) don't view Foles as a franchise quy and it has zero to do with him being a 3rd round pick.

Alright, alright, I know you probably think i'm delusional. But just as much people who think Foles doesn't have it, is also as much people who are selling Foles short.

I wish Foles had been given another opportunity to play a full season and at least play average. Regardless, once free agency starts, I'm positive he'll have suitors lined up.

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Alright, alright, I know you probably think i'm delusional. But just as much people who think Foles doesn't have it, is also as much people who are selling Foles short.

I wish Foles had been given another opportunity to play a full season and at least play average. Regardless, once free agency starts, I'm positive he'll have suitors lined up.

Oh yeah. He will get another shot to start and hopefully this time, we will finally be able to come to a conclusion on him.

I see him as a lower tier starter and hands down best back up in the league. Someone who will be average at best as a full time starter but terrific coming off the bench for stretches. A far superior version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.I Icould very well be wrong but until he succeeds as a full time week in week out 16 game starter, thats where I stand.

That all being said, he's more than earned an opportunity to be a starter again. IDK if he will get a monster offer but I can see something somewhat comparable to what Alex Smith got is what id expect. His only real FA competition will probably be Flacco, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Tannehill. I'd have to imagine he gets the best deal of that bunch.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:02 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Plus his time with the Rams. After his first couple starts there, he had some pretty bad games.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:50 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Oh yeah. He will get another shot to start and hopefully this time, we will finally be able to come to a conclusion on him.

I see him as a lower tier starter and hands down best back up in the league. Someone who will be average at best as a full time starter but terrific coming off the bench for stretches. A far superior version of Ryan Fitzpatrick.I Icould very well be wrong but until he succeeds as a full time week in week out 16 game starter, thats where I stand.

That all being said, he's more than earned an opportunity to be a starter again. IDK if he will get a monster offer but I can see something somewhat comparable to what Alex Smith got is what id expect. His only real FA competition will probably be Flacco, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Tannehill. I'd have to imagine he gets the best deal of that bunch.

The Raiders learned the hard way that even though Jeff Hostetler came in as a backup and won a SB, he wasn’t a starting caliber  NFL QB. 

Foles did great stepping up last season and taking control, but I agree with you completely. Lower tier starter who will probably get a decent deal as a FA, but likely won’t live up to it