Wallyhorse

Eagles have Nick Mullens (49ers QB) to thank if they make the playoffs

Recommended Posts

Eagles fans should be sending big thank yous to Nick Mullens (49ers QB) for his play at the end of Sunday's Bears-49ers game:

For those who don't know, with just over a minute to go the 49ers had a 4th and 4 with the 49ers just inside Bears territory, Mullens could have easily gone out-of-bounds to keep the 49ers alive for the win.  Instead, he throws a bomb to Marquis Goodwin that falls incomplete with no flags and gives the Bears the win.

That is why the Bears have something to play for this week against the Vikings, in this case a first-round bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone’s all a Bears fan this week which I understand but we still need to take care of business too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Everyone’s all a Bears fan this week which I understand but we still need to take care of business too

Week 17 goal #1a - Eagles win

Week 17 goal #1b - Bears win

If both goals accomplished: eliminate Dallas from playoffs in wild card round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Week 17 goal #1a - Eagles win

Week 17 goal #1b - Bears win

If both goals accomplished: eliminate Dallas from playoffs in wild card round

I though our first game would be against the Bears actually. I thought the Cowboys would get the Seahawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I though our firs game would be against the Bears actually. I thought the Cowboys would get the Seahawks.

Oh shoot that's right ... I was matching #6 up against #4.  Damn!  How sweet would it have been to be the team to bounce Dallas out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I though our firs game would be against the Bears actually. I thought the Cowboys would get the Seahawks.

You're right, Seattle would win a tie breaker on account of a better conference record, we can't get Dallas first up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Oh shoot that's right ... I was matching #6 up against #4.  Damn!  How sweet would it have been to be the team to bounce Dallas out. 

In a way I wouldn't mind being the team to dash their dreams later, but that would mean they actually won a few playoff games, and I just don't see that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You're right, Seattle would win a tie breaker on account of a better conference record, we can't get Dallas first up.

Bummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EazyEaglez said:

In a way I wouldn't mind being the team to dash their dreams later, but that would mean they actually won a few playoff games, and I just don't see that happening.

With the officiating in their pocket, and Seattle being different on the road, I could see them getting to the divisional round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

With the officiating in their pocket, and Seattle being different on the road, I could see them getting to the divisional round. 

They would get the Rams and the Eagles the Saints. Of the two their road would be easier, but I think the Eagles owe the Saints some lumps. Too far ahead to think about though. Beat washington first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank him for being stupid? Or thank you for being a bad quarterback? lol he didn’t do us any favors. He was trying to win the game & failed horribly 

this isn’t an Andy Dalton Bills situation where he beat a team for us to get in. 

If trubisky can pull it off next week, send him a thank you card if you want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I though our first game would be against the Bears actually. I thought the Cowboys would get the Seahawks.

One caveat to that ... if the Rams lose and the Bears win next weekend, we would face the Rams in round #1 (if we beat Washington and make the postseason).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, time2rock said:

One caveat to that ... if the Rams lose and the Bears win next weekend, we would face the Rams in round #1.

Don't mind seeing the Eagles go to Philly west coast once more. It's like a home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Week 17 goal #1a - Eagles win

Week 17 goal #1b - Bears win

If both goals accomplished: eliminate Dallas from playoffs in wild card round

Likely won't happen.  Eagles will be in either Chicago or LA if they make it UNLESS the Seahawks stumble to the Cardinals.  Otherwise, Seahawks are in Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't the Rams playing at 1? So by the time the bears play, thry might use backups if the Rams beat the cards (very likely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Efrayz69 said:

Anyone know why the Bears are 7 point underdogs vs the vikings?

Thats pretty worrisome for our playoff hopes.

I’m thinking because of minny being at home & bears secondary , just like us, is being hit by injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jblah said:

Aren't the Rams playing at 1? So by the time the bears play, thry might use backups if the Rams beat the cards (very likely)

The Rams, Bears, and Eagles are all playing at 4:30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Week 17 goal #1a - Eagles win

Week 17 goal #1b - Bears win

If both goals accomplished: eliminate Dallas from playoffs in wild card round

If the bears dont get the 2 seed..we would go to Chicago..6 plays the 3..and 4 and 5 seeds play each other..so it would be seattle and Dallas. I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Everyone’s all a Bears fan this week which I understand but we still need to take care of business too

If the Eagles can't beat this Redskins team they don't deserve squat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this thread was about something else.  Mullins has played pretty well, which is the reason Bears should have hope they beat the Rams, which is why they will ball against Minny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DAWKAMANIA06 said:

If the bears dont get the 2 seed..we would go to Chicago..6 plays the 3..and 4 and 5 seeds play each other..so it would be seattle and Dallas. I could be wrong.

No you’re right.  My math was off this morning.  

Coffee  ... think ... post.  Gotta remember that order in the future.  haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now